Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #127
Murray86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Rally Yellow
Send a message via AIM to Murray86
Just joining in on the topic here. I have a 1LT that I installed the PDIM in on that hasn't worked since I put it in last month. The IPod just doesn't read through the USB at all. I also installed the steering wheel controls which work perfectly fine. I dropped my car off yesterday to get this PDIM situation figured out. I pick it up today and they tell me that my IPod worked on a newer Camaro but still doesn't work on mine. They say I may need a new module. I bought the original straight through them so I'm covered there. I tried showing the tech that was working on the car that there is a new PDIM out with a new part number that I described from this thread and he pretty much blew me off like I didn't know jack about the topic and told me "Were not affiliated with those forums" and when I tried explaining that it was brought up directly through someone at GM he just went on to say that it might be the fact that my computer might not be able to handle the software since my car didn't originally come with the PDIM. So that's where I'm at as of right now. They said they would call me with any details which I'm sure means that I'll have to ask when I go in for my next service. This is frustrating.
Murray86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #128
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
That guy is full of shit. What "computer" is the guy talking about? The radio? Because that's the only thing that has to be "programmed" when a PDIM is installed. It's not even being programmed really. There's no software that gets loaded especially to the radio when a PDIM is installed. When a PDIM is installed, the service tech needs to go to the GM site where your customer information is kept and simply update your information to indicate you now have a PDIM. With the site updated, now your radio needs to be updated so it knows you now have a PDIM. A simple update of the radio takes care of that. Once the PDIM is physically installed (preferably with the most recent firmware), all that is needed is to update your account and then the radio. There's no black magic involved. The PDIM does all the work when it comes to the USB interface and just sends the information to the radio. There is no "computer" involved in any of this process that could or couldn't handle the addition of a PDIM.

Personally, I enjoy coming across "knuckle draggers" like the guy you're talking about because, I know my shit. So, when I hear them spew their bullshit, I can make them look like complete morons (preferably in front of a room full of customers) and pretty much explain to them how to do their job. Simply not knowing how to do something is one thing. Typically, these guys aren't properly trained on all this type of stuff. I usually cut them some slack and go in with a "share the knowledge" type attitude. But, when they blow me off like I have no idea what I'm talking about or give me attitude and try to bullshit me, that's when I lay the smack down. In your situation, I would have called the service manager over and politely explained your situation and expressing your dismay at the service tech's poor attitude and customer service. When done in a room full of customers this has a positive effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray86 View Post
Just joining in on the topic here. I have a 1LT that I installed the PDIM in on that hasn't worked since I put it in last month. The IPod just doesn't read through the USB at all. I also installed the steering wheel controls which work perfectly fine. I dropped my car off yesterday to get this PDIM situation figured out. I pick it up today and they tell me that my IPod worked on a newer Camaro but still doesn't work on mine. They say I may need a new module. I bought the original straight through them so I'm covered there. I tried showing the tech that was working on the car that there is a new PDIM out with a new part number that I described from this thread and he pretty much blew me off like I didn't know jack about the topic and told me "Were not affiliated with those forums" and when I tried explaining that it was brought up directly through someone at GM he just went on to say that it might be the fact that my computer might not be able to handle the software since my car didn't originally come with the PDIM. So that's where I'm at as of right now. They said they would call me with any details which I'm sure means that I'll have to ask when I go in for my next service. This is frustrating.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #129
Murray86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Rally Yellow
Send a message via AIM to Murray86
Haha thanks. Yea I have no idea. He was just saying that since I added steering wheel controls and added the PDIM that it might be too much to handle . I found it to be BS but since I'm only 24 and they still see that as the "KID" stage of life then I just automatically get shut down with any info I try to share. I can say that I didn't know much but after spending day in and day out on this site then I tend to gain a little more knowledge then I've previously had. I love this site and appreciate the work everyone puts into it with the detailed D.I.Y's and just basic product info. I'll give the dealer there time to scratch there heads with this one since it's just the IPod that I can't use for now, but when all is said and done and it turns out that I may have been right, I'll just have the I told you so to throw at them. Thanks again.
Murray86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #130
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
That guy is full of shit. What "computer" is the guy talking about? The radio? Because that's the only thing that has to be "programmed" when a PDIM is installed. It's not even being programmed really. There's no software that gets loaded especially to the radio when a PDIM is installed. When a PDIM is installed, the service tech needs to go to the GM site where your customer information is kept and simply update your information to indicate you now have a PDIM. With the site updated, now your radio needs to be updated so it knows you now have a PDIM. A simple update of the radio takes care of that. Once the PDIM is physically installed (preferably with the most recent firmware), all that is needed is to update your account and then the radio. There's no black magic involved. The PDIM does all the work when it comes to the USB interface and just sends the information to the radio. There is no "computer" involved in any of this process that could or couldn't handle the addition of a PDIM.

Personally, I enjoy coming across "knuckle draggers" like the guy you're talking about because, I know my shit. So, when I hear them spew their bullshit, I can make them look like complete morons (preferably in front of a room full of customers) and pretty much explain to them how to do their job. Simply not knowing how to do something is one thing. Typically, these guys aren't properly trained on all this type of stuff. I usually cut them some slack and go in with a "share the knowledge" type attitude. But, when they blow me off like I have no idea what I'm talking about or give me attitude and try to bullshit me, that's when I lay the smack down. In your situation, I would have called the service manager over and politely explained your situation and expressing your dismay at the service tech's poor attitude and customer service. When done in a room full of customers this has a positive effect.
Don't you love the "Hey, don't believe everything you hear on the internet..." attitude that you will commonly get at the dealer?? hahaha
Old 12-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #131
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #132
chevyman57

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Intermittent issues with bluetooth and I4

My car is a 2011 2 SS made in the first week of the the new year production changeover. Since I have had the the car I have went through 3 brand new I4 and one 3GS phones. Also 2 brand new Sam sung phones and the same results with all. This morning I tried using my steering wheels controls and got the the standard message "I'm sorry unable to place your bluetooth call". I just happen to notice that although my new I4 showed a full 5 bar signal strength, when pushing the phone button on the dash my signal showed as "zero". A few minutes later the display on the car showed 3 bars and my call went through as normal. Any connection, causes, theories? Is this an AT&T network problem. I have the the most current hardware and software in the car. Anyone else with problems? Getting frustrated!
chevyman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #133
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I entered my VIN # on the tis2web site, but it just says E2769: Invalid VIN!

It certainly is not an invalid VIN, I double checked what I typed several times.

I also just spent about an hour reading through various threads on this topic, and I'm a little scatter-brained at this point. Can someone give a quick rundown of what the issues are that people are having (I know there are disconnecting issues, static, bluetooth problems)?

I assume there still is no bulletin for the newest PDIM update?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #134
drphillips

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
I personally beleive that GM will never put out a TSB on this issue because they know that the fix is both hardware and software, very costly. Our only hope is to find a service manager that will do the repair based on warranty. Those that were suscessful in getting the DA/DX upgrade please share how you did it so the rest of us can get this fix as well.
drphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #135
DisneyEngineer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
After 3 trips to the dealership this month I finally got my PDIM module upgraded to the latest revision, DA/DX. Even though my car is a 2011 and I got it in Aug it had CC/CE and the popping occurred every min or so. Originally they were going to replace it with the same type from another car but GM TAC had them check the wiring harness for a short first. I tell you it was a little unnerving seeing my dash torn apart to check the wiring. Needless to say no short was found so they sent out a new PDIM out overnight. Can you believe they told the dealership that it was specifically designed to correct the popping/static issue. The dealership commented that GM wasted my time and their time as well by not issuing a bulletin for a known issue! I no longer hear any popping while a song is playing; however, there is a slight pop when changing songs or scrolling through the playlist. That I can live with!!
DisneyEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #136
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drphillips View Post
I personally beleive that GM will never put out a TSB on this issue because they know that the fix is both hardware and software, very costly. Our only hope is to find a service manager that will do the repair based on warranty. Those that were suscessful in getting the DA/DX upgrade please share how you did it so the rest of us can get this fix as well.
Ok, keep telling yourself that. Seems like you havent read through the related threads?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #137
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEngineer View Post
After 3 trips to the dealership this month I finally got my PDIM module upgraded to the latest revision, DA/DX. Even though my car is a 2011 and I got it in Aug it had CC/CE and the popping occurred every min or so. Originally they were going to replace it with the same type from another car but GM TAC had them check the wiring harness for a short first. I tell you it was a little unnerving seeing my dash torn apart to check the wiring. Needless to say no short was found so they sent out a new PDIM out overnight. Can you believe they told the dealership that it was specifically designed to correct the popping/static issue. The dealership commented that GM wasted my time and their time as well by not issuing a bulletin for a known issue! I no longer hear any popping while a song is playing; however, there is a slight pop when changing songs or scrolling through the playlist. That I can live with!!

I have a very early 2010 model, mine says CC/CE. Popping, problems with playlist, no device connected, ect. All the problems everyone is having. I talked to my service manager months ago about it, but I just never bothered with it, got lucky with a old iPod, and it's the only one I can use. iTouch, iPhone4, will only work for about 5 min. I still have popping with my current iPod I'm using...

So here is my question:

Hardware: 20985421 (NEW PDIM)
Dealer installed it, and updated it = DA/DX
Problems went away?

Very close friends with owners/workers at my dealership so they will do anything to help. I've just been waiting to see what others have found out, this has been bothering me for months but I thought there was no help at the time. Will be visiting them soon, and will let you all know what I find out.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #138
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
I have a very early 2010 model, mine says CC/CE. Popping, problems with playlist, no device connected, ect. All the problems everyone is having. I talked to my service manager months ago about it, but I just never bothered with it, got lucky with a old iPod, and it's the only one I can use. iTouch, iPhone4, will only work for about 5 min. I still have popping with my current iPod I'm using...

So here is my question:

Hardware: 20985421 (NEW PDIM)
Dealer installed it, and updated it = DA/DX
Problems went away?

Very close friends with owners/workers at my dealership so they will do anything to help. I've just been waiting to see what others have found out, this has been bothering me for months but I thought there was no help at the time. Will be visiting them soon, and will let you all know what I find out.
Please keep everyone updated with what you find out. The part number you have listed is the newest hardware. Since no one that we know of has installed it yet(or confirmed they have it), we are not sure what software version will be programmed. I can only assume it will come with DA/DX and fix your issues.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #139
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
DA/DX is much better. Even though there are updates on Tis2Web that specifically address the issues of "No Supported Data Found" and only being able to index 2,000 songs instead of 10,000 songs...... my CC/CE does not function properly.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #140
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
DA/DX is much better. Even though there are updates on Tis2Web that specifically address the issues of "No Supported Data Found" and only being able to index 2,000 songs instead of 10,000 songs...... my CC/CE does not function properly.
So I guess the big question is, how do we find out what part # is the correct one for DA/DX, is it the one stated above?

Next week I'm going to my dealer for sure, and Im gonna get this crap fixed.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote