Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders Xa Coil Over for the Camaro

Our Pedders eXtreme Xa Coil Overs have been race proven in a multitude of platforms. In Fact, they just won a major award for one of the best aftermarket accessaries in Au. We have several hundred already in the states on the GTO, G8, and Subaru.

So what are the Pedders eXtreme Xa coil overs and how are they different from the majority of the coil overs out there?
Here is an explanation of the Pedders eXtreme XA Coil over:
1. Mono Tube design
2. 30 Way detented adjustable damping
3. Separate coil trapping adjustment.
4. Height adjustment done by not playing with coil spring rates and height

So lets review them with more detail.
1. 30 way detented damper adjustability. Some struts out there there have a dial that you put a certain position for damping levels. Without having them detented, you are only guessing at the rates. When you have 30 specific locations or adjustments you can ALWAYS repeat any settings as long as you can count. When you are in the 15 and above clicks, you should be able to tell the difference between each click. Here are some general areas for detent adjustments:
a. 2-5 clicks will give you OE damper performance
b. 12-15 clicks will give you a general street/canyon run performance level settings
c. 21-25 clicks are all out race race levels and too firm for normal street.
d. 30 clicks you are popping or making hemorrhoids!
Adjusting the struts is as simple as turning a dial and counting

2. You will have some serious height adjustability, and to be honest, more height adjustability than the Camaro can handle to maintain proper geometry. Now normal adjustable struts you lower or raist the lower spring seat to raise/lower the vehicle. But this increases spring biases. So with our Pedders Xa coil overs, we preset the coil preloads and then leave them alone. Then to adjust height, you will screw in the strut in/out of the of the lower knuckle bracket. This allows you to change heights and still keep normal spring travel. This is a big deal!! It allows you to have more of an accurate corner weight balance. Height adjustments will be from the -.5inches to a very low 1.5 inches. We will have a selection of coil rates for you and am not sure yet what the sport coils will be for the Camaro. But the G8 is at 7 to 8 kg/mm front and 10kg/mm rear. conversion factors have errors in them but to give you an approximate rating you might understand, 1kg/mm will equal 55.88 lb/in

Now what does all this mean? Instead of going into a lot of explanation, lets talk about results.

We just recently did a major track verification day in New Jersey, using professional drivers. We tested 3 TrackII Xa coil over systems with 3 different types of tires on a skid pad test. They pulled a 1.01g with split configured tires, 1.03g's with Michelin PS2's, and a 1.05g with Forgeline 19x9.5 ZX3 Wheels Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Pole Position 275/35/19 XL W. As a reference, a stock G8 GT with 19s turned a .93g. The magazines rated the Camaro with 20 inch tires at .93g with FE2 and .90g for FE3. Yes, the V6 will out-handle the SS,. Now a Ferrari Enzo is at 1.01g at $250,000 plus.

Even a HHR with Xas turned a .97g!

So how did it actually perform on the Track? In a 10 lap event. Pete's G8 was almost 30 seconds faster than a Z06 and a Porsche GT, both with Track Tires. Now Pete's G8 is running a Pro Charger, and the suspension was was set up for a road coarse.

So where are we at with the Camaro? This week the Camaro Xa Beta struts were air shipped to us. They are currently going thru customs. We already have a special Camaro set up to install. More on this Camaro later.

So we are in great shape. Camaros are in transit to the dealerships right now. We have all the bushings already in stock, and will have sway bars and strut tower brace very soon.

More info on the Xas can be seen on our website at:
http://www.peddersusa.com/products/6

Now what is the best way to get Xa"s. Buy them with a system. We will have multiple systems very soon:
Street Xa
eXtreme Xa package
Street Xa Plus package which will include sway bars.

Buying a system will give you some fantastic discounts over buying parts individually.
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACKAGES

So if you have any questions, just ask!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
That just looks

By the way I don't know how accurate the info you guys have on the web is right now. But I copy and pasted it on the threads in my sig. Let me know if it's right or if something will change.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Bone'MaroSS

Drives: Cyber Grey SS
My first mod(s) will be a full Pedders setup.
Bone'MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
About how much $$ would you estimate we're looking at for the Street Xa Plus system?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
this is going to be fun....lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
I'm not going to be in the market for coilovers, but I hope you release more info on some regular lowering springs soon; I just want to drop the car by about 1.5" or so.
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
me likey me likey whats the price on this bad boy? Group buy discount perhaps
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Street Plus = Street II ?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Here are some preliminary pricing on some of the Xa packages:

1/16/09 Pedders eXtreme Xa Street II Performance Kit
MERLIN STORE P/N CAMAROXASTREET
This is a value package with a kick! The new state of the art Pedders eXtreme Xa coil overs are revolutioning the auto suspension community! The Pedders Mono tube 30 way adjustability will give you the ultimate in desired ride, woth the flexibility that you will desire. Maciumum comfort when you want, to killer control when you have to show the world you are on top of your game. this package will include the critical bushings of Street 1 as well. For further control, you can upgrade to Track II with little duplcation in labor!

P/N DESCRIPTION Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders $2,399.00
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36
EP1169 Zeta Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $238.99
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius rod with 5421 caster
increase shim $198.59
TBA CAMARO Zeta Extreme Strut - Brace $252.12

Pedders eXtreme Xa Street II Performance Kit PARTS TOTAL

$3,197.06
Menu System Discount $1,036.59

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $2,160.47

Now our merlin store has errors. It has our system listed at $1799.99, but it does not have the EP1167 differential bushing, plus it does not have our strut tower brace that is still in development.

The very serious package, our eXtreme Xa Track System is as follows:

PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME XA TRACK SYSTEM
MERLIN STORE P/N CAMAROXATRACKEXT
1/16/09 "The eXtreme Xa Coil overs are a MAJOR INDUSTRY UPGRADE!! We are now offerig our exclusive eXtreme Xa Mono Tube, 30 way adjustable coil overs. We will offer 3 different coils: Street, Sports, and Race. The height is not adjusted by modifying spring rates like all others. These are the coolest coil overs on the market for the G8. The 30 way DETENTED, adjustability, gaurentees exact duplication when adjusting rates. The Track eXtreme combines all the components of the Street II and adds sway bars, bushes endlinks and coilovers. With the virtual pivot point design and the advanced independent rear suspension your tracked Camaro does not need to be over sprung and over damped. In complete OE trim it will out perform many respected marques. With a Track II eXtreme System your ZETA II Camaro is this close to race ready and yet still street comfortable. This is where GM's billion dollar investment in the ZETA architecture reaches levels of performance that are as aggressive as the Camaro styling. You real can have it all. The look. The handling. The comfort. The Camaro didn't return to the market. Your Pedderised ZETA II Camaro will dominate the market.

"

Part # Pedders Compnent Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders $2,399.00
429006ADJKIT Zeta eXtreme sway bar adjustable kit $345.21
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36
EP1169 Zeta Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $238.99
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6561 Zeta Front Control Arm Bush - Inner Bush $134.98
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius rod with 5421 caster increase shim $198.59
EP7263 Zeta Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear $96.20
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7265 Zeta Rear Trailing arm Inner $96.20
EP7266 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm & Rear Trailing Arm Outer $96.20
EP7267 Zeta Rear Toe link - inner and outer (2 kits required) $96.20
EP7267 Zeta Rear Toe link - inner and outer (2 kits required) $96.20
TBA CAMARO Zeta Extreme Strut - Brace $252.12

PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME XA TRACK SYSTEM PARTS TOTAL
$4,280.70
Menu System Discount $982.39

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $3,298.31

The Track II info above is preliminary. The parts are correct, but the pricing discounts have yet to be finalized. Our merlin store lists the TrackII at $2599.99, but parts are iincomplete.

So here are some preliminary systems for you to look at. We will probably have a Street Xa Plus system that will include our sway bar kit. This has not been done yet. the pricing levels should be determined and accurate by the end of the month.

Now to give you some idea of the outcome of the eXtreme Track System, lets look at the 3 G8s with this system on it that we just checked in New Jersey. Now a stock G8 GT with 19 inch OE performance tires, turned a .93g on a skid pad. The 3 G8s with this system turned a 1.01g, 1.03g, and a 1.05g. The variations in the 3 has to do mostly with tire and wheel configurations, and alignment. As a reference, a Ferrari Enzo has a skid pad rating of 1.01g.

Now that there are a bunch of Camaros in transit to the dealers, we will have specific data hopefully on Camaro in 45-60 days.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 04-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #10
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Living in NYC, there are a lot of potholes that simply can't be avoided. Would a Pedders Street Kit be more vulnerable to being damaged or would it protect the suspension more over keeping it stock?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Street Plus = Street II ?
XA Street II and Xa Street are the same system. Again preliminary stuff.

However, we will most likely have a Xa Street plus, that will add our Pedders sway bar kit to the system. More info on this should be available by the end of the month

mike
dms
Old 04-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Living in NYC, there are a lot of potholes that simply can't be avoided. Would a Pedders Street Kit be more vulnerable to being damaged or would it protect the suspension more over keeping it stock?
The Xas will have a minimum drop of around .5 inches, so I guess it will depend on how hard you really hit the big bumps and potholes. But cranking up the dampers will reduce coil movement, but ride quality will become firmer.

So what does a Z06 Vette do in your area? It is seriously lower than the .5 drop. With the Xa's you should be able to get a 1.5 drop fairly easily

mike
dms
Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I spoke to Mike about his on Friday. Great information. Thanks agian,

For those of us that want more than straight line cars. This is certainly the ticket.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
This is something I definitely will do a year or two from now.
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote