Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Opinions obviously vary....there no just nitrous cars on the FAST list which last place is 11.60. Certainly doesn't mean they can't but I just don't think they can, you do. The OPs car is an M6....which is a bear to launch anyways....adding nitrous complicates it and I don't think his car would pick up anywhere near like your buddies. It isn't as simple to say that the slower a car is the more it gains.

I agree on the 500 rwhp...I mispoke...CHally's are more like 500 at the flywheel and run low 12s. Your car is a freak imho...and certainly not representative of the average Camaro.

500 in a Camaro...will not run high 10s easily....and not at all in my opinion. Just look at the last 3 cars on the FAST list....they all have CAI, LTs and at least DRs and the fastest of those three runs 11.53. The SC only cars aren't killing it at the track....you don't see em on the FAST list and you don't see them knocking down amazing time slips. That's the true point I was trying to make....that if you are going to do it..then do it right.
Don't forget OrangeChevyII. Long before you guys figured out how to make the supercharger cars run fast he was already in the 10's with simple bolt ons and a nitrous system. Don't rule out the nitrous cars because they are not dime a dozen around here.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #30
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Don't forget OrangeChevyII. Long before you guys figured out how to make the supercharger cars run fast he was already in the 10's with simple bolt ons and a nitrous system. Don't rule out the nitrous cars because they are not dime a dozen around here.

And where is he now.....he faded out like an empty nitrous bottle.

J/K. A 400 shot will do wonders for anyones car!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #31
RayYork
LordVader

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS 99 BMW 328i 96 K1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
If you want to keep your warranty, then contact SLP and get their Stage 1 SC. The key is a GM/Chevy/SLP authorized shop must install it. I went this route, my dealership is installing it this week, and SLP offers 2 warranties, a 3/36K or 5/100K. I chose the 5/100K for just under $800. You can take you car to any Chevy dealer, and they'll perform service, if the SC was the cause then SLP covers it directly to the dealership.

I'm not talking from assumptions or hear-say, I'm having this done this week, researched it for 2 months before I even bought my car. That was the main reason I went with SLP, because they've been working hand in hand with Chevy for over 40 years. My dealership is even cutting me a discount on the install because I hooked them up with SLP and opened the door for them to do more work in the future. So if you want to keep your warranty (which was one of my main reasons), then seriously consider the SLP route. There's a bunch of dealerships already working with SLP, and more & more are signing up to do installs. Their HQ is out of Toms River, NJ, but if you need the West Coast's director's info let me know, I have it.

http://www.slponline.com/
Perfect, thank you!

RayYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #32
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
I'm not ruling anything out...I'm just stating what I am observing and Orange is using more than a 150 shot and isn't what I would term stock.

I love nitrous.....just stating my opinion on what I think is possible.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
And where is he now.....he faded out like an empty nitrous bottle.

J/K. A 400 shot will do wonders for anyones car!
Zactly....400....150....two different animals.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I'm putting 560 to the ground and the PZeros are all but useless in the first 2 gears under full throttle and there's only so much you can pick up by babying the car out of the hole and relying on your top end to make up the difference.
Just curious where you're thinking of going with the traction issues HumanWiki. DRs I bet, but I wish there was a good solution that worked on the street. You thinking of wider wheels or other tires that still work well on the street?

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
I'm not fighting about this all night....your numbers don't match things that Orange Crate has posted and at the end of the day....I don't even care. His car has been heavily modded for both power and weight and when that happened and what ET he was able to post is debatable.

The easiest way to prove it can be done is for anyone else anywhere in the world to bolt a 150 shot onto a stock SS and run 10s. It won't happen....Orange Crate didn't do it and at the end of the day THAT was what I said to begin with. What is it about you that you have to fight with everyone in every thread?

I stand by what I said earlier.
Quote what he said about the car. Prove to me that our stories dont match. I am talking about what happened in September-November of 2009. We didnt remove weight from the car until May of 2010 when the 427 and th400 went in the car. There are clear videos on YouTube of both the 10.98 and 10.28 passes.
If you dont believe that car went that ET with those modifications I feel for you. Do you dismiss it all because you were only able to run 10.6's?

I dont fight ,I simply tell the truth. You people cant handle the honest truth.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #36
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayYork View Post
I drive my 2011 2SS/RS M6 100 miles per day. I want more HP but don't want to kill my freeway MPG.

1) Is this possible? (I saw something on Horsepower TV about a CA legal "passive" supercharger)

2) Is this possible w/o killing my warranty? GMPP offers a supercharger.....

3) I'm a little obsessed with having more HP than my buddy's 392.......

Please advise........
THIS WAS THE OG POST.....4 pages of my dick's bigger than yours later and the OG poster has to scratching his head looking at this stuff...stick with what I said RayYork and you'll be good.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 AM   #37
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
There's 4 minutes of my life I won't get back.

To answer the original question: Most dealers will get very picky about warranty items with a power adder. I'd suggest you just consider it gone, esp on anything powertrain related. They may replace an EGR valve under recall, but not a blown tranny.

If you do some searching, you will find GM dealers that offer their own blower packages with a shop warranty. Just use the search and you'll find them.

For drivability, I'd say any centrifugal blower is where you want to be. Under normal driving, you're not under boost and so the system isn't doing much other than a slight parasitic loss at the crank and intake air flow. Not going to effect MPG much, if at all.

Finally, I can't let this slide, but back on page 1 the comment was made the bypass lets air in. No, this would make the MAF airflow reading horribly off and result in a really screwy situation. The bypass is for that split second after you let off the gas, while under boost, and it keeps you from doing nasty things from the buildup of pressure. You hear it on the turbo cars when they're shifting gears, while again, making boost.

I had a ProCharger on my '97 Trans Am and drivability was great with no MPG effect on my daily driver. Things changed a bit after the Vigilante racing torque converter, LT headers, hi flow cats, and SLP cat back, but it still could get good mileage. I just had to be careful in certain situations where boost sneaks up on you before the tq converter locks up.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #38
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Yeah...in an auto, typically, cam or converter is detrimental to mileage.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #39
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
So, did we decide which blower is driveable yet?
Everything but those POS Maggy cars that keep breaking down...

(has Maggy)
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #40
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Whew loOk what I missed! Lol. This thread took a sharp turn. I'll let you guys know what my car runs. I'm putting my nos kit on in the next couple weeks. Ordering hp tuners today do I can turn the timing down. Stay tuned.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #41
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Just curious where you're thinking of going with the traction issues HumanWiki. DRs I bet, but I wish there was a good solution that worked on the street. You thinking of wider wheels or other tires that still work well on the street?
Honestly, I'm on the fence about how I feel on the car... So, since I don't know if I'm going to sell the car in the summer of '12 or keep it -- I've put on hold any mods I don't already own and the PFADT Sways I have at the house now are staying off the car until I decide one way or another.

But, I was looking at 18" lightweight wheels w/ DRs of some brand.. I've had a couple options on the 20"s, but the stock wheel is just too heavy and there's just not enough sidewall flex in the right size tire on that wheel..

I'm happy with my 11.973 now and am not so hard up on a piece of paper that I'm going to sink 2000.00+ just to knock off .2-.5 seconds on a 1/4 mile and have the risk of blowing the clutch, output shaft or center section doing so..

I too wish there was something that worked on the street for the conditions I see.. Chicago roads are utter shit. Potholes, dips, pits, etc. I dare not risk driving around on track wheels that may not withstand the sudden abuse that OEM wheels will take. Also, there's a lot of smooth surfaces around that are difficult enough now to deal with. I don't need to exacerbate the issue with a tire that's designed to be heated up before demanding it to work. Then there's the cooler/cold winters, ice, snow, etc.

As much as I would love to have it... We as a species simply don't have the technology to make a tire-like device that can morph to the current environment and provide ultimate traction in all conditions and if we could, I don't even want to know how many commas would be in the price.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #42
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Which is what happens any time you accelerate. It's only "bypassing" when you are at cruise/constant speed.
Incorrect, the only time you get boost is under "hard" acceleration. My boost gauge indicates vacuum (motor only) under normal driving conditions and shows boost only when the right pedal is abused (to the floor).

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.

Last edited by Matster; 12-30-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote