Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #113
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I'll work on it bud when I get home.
No need to, I did this a few days ago but never got around to posting it....

I think it looks SOOOO much better...
Name:  Camaro Steering Wheel.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  366.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Yup, it just doesn't fit the rest of the car .... just looks like it's coming directly from another car (yes, a Spark ...)...

Besides, I find it sad when brands with history like Chevy, having all the weight of american cars history, just ... copy european cars ...

Benchmarking BMW or Audi shouldn"t mean copying 'em ...
I....don't see any copying. The flat-bottom steering wheel is a good design, and I'm glad they used it!

As far as the center and controls resembling the corporate wheel...I've used that wheel in the Equinox - and let me tell ya': those controls are VERY comfortable to use...combined with the smaller, thicker flat-bottom wheel, I'm REALLY looking forward to this steering wheel.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #114
PonyCrusher
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
what part of the dash will the shift light be located? thats a cool addition I wish the ss would have that available. although i still cant get over how much I hate that steering wheel. it looks like the stole it from a cobalt
Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #115
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Check out these performance specs on this camaro. The power is very close to the ZL1, probably a bit more, weight is around what you guys are estimating, performance numbers are basically identical to the 2011 GT500. I sure hope the ZL1 performs better then this.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #116
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyCrusher View Post
what part of the dash will the shift light be located? thats a cool addition I wish the ss would have that available. although i still cant get over how much I hate that steering wheel. it looks like the stole it from a cobalt

And there is no shift light...that I've heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Check out these performance specs on this camaro. The power is very close to the ZL1, probably a bit more, weight is around what you guys are estimating, performance numbers are basically identical to the 2011 GT500. I sure hope the ZL1 performs better then this.

The Hurst Camaro is a nice package -- but it's no ZL1.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #117
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Attachment 218639

I....don't see any copying. The flat-bottom steering wheel is a good design, and I'm glad they used it!

As far as the center and controls resembling the corporate wheel...I've used that wheel in the Equinox - and let me tell ya': those controls are VERY comfortable to use...combined with the smaller, thicker flat-bottom wheel, I'm REALLY looking forward to this steering wheel.
That looks so much better.
I also wouldn't mind losing a ZL1 badge or two.....
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #118
Blackdevil77

Quote:

And there is no shift light...that I've heard of.

The Hurst Camaro is a nice package -- but it's no ZL1.
As far as straight line acceleration, all the other numbers seem to be close with the ZL1. The weight, (estimated) the 11 inch rear wheels, forged aluminum wheels, power, etc. I was hoping for high 11's closer to 120mph
Old 03-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #119
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
As far as straight line acceleration, all the other numbers seem to be close with the ZL1. The weight, (estimated) the 11 inch rear wheels, forged aluminum wheels, power, etc. I was hoping for high 11's closer to 120mph
Like I said...it's just not a ZL1. There's a lot of engineering work that's going into it that aftermarket companies (while very impressive) just can't do. Chevy has access to data and resources only the 'creator' has available to them...

The Hurst is very impressive....I guess what I'm saying is the ZL1 is going to be more impressive...much more.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #120
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Like I said...it's just not a ZL1. There's a lot of engineering work that's going into it that aftermarket companies (while very impressive) just can't do. Chevy has access to data and resources only the 'creator' has available to them...

The Hurst is very impressive....I guess what I'm saying is the ZL1 is going to be more impressive...much more.
I guess we can't do much but to wait and see. I'm so impatient lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #121
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

and

Although I'm not as against the bowtie as most, I have to admit that the chop Dragoneye did with the word Camaro on the steering wheel looks best.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this vehicle is over badged. I know some people love having badges everywhere, but there will be some debadging going on with my ZL1. I prefer the cleaner look of minimal exterior badges. But, it's nothing to complain about though since it'll be such an easy fix.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #122
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

Attachment 218639)
Dragoneye, that looks so much better with the Camaro lettering in the center than the bowtie.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #123
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
only 13?? lol try 17 lol. 1 engraving on each rim(4 total), 1 sticker on each 6pot brembo(2 total), emblem on the grill(1), emblem on the rear deck lid(1), 2 on the hood(2), 1 emblem on the steering wheel(1), 1 on each side of the cars step plate(2), engraving on the shift knob(1), on the plastic trim passanger side(1), 1 on each head rest (2).
yea at this point im happy with the bowtie.
SSmoked, thanks for a far more accurate recount of ZL1 badging. I missed a bunch of them that you listed. It now works out to about $3,000.00 per badge down from $7,500.00 p/badge. Look a discount already and a 550HP car too. Life just does not get any better !!!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #124
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
that is sexy. i am loving the interior. i so want the interior of that in my car and the tac.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #125
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:

I think it's reasonable to suggest the zL1 will put down similar straight line numbers to the hurst even though I have a feeling the z might be a tad heavier I'm sure we'll know soon enough
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #126
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
and

Although I'm not as against the bowtie as most, I have to admit that the chop Dragoneye did with the word Camaro on the steering wheel looks best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Dragoneye, that looks so much better with the Camaro lettering in the center than the bowtie.
Thanks, guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I think it's reasonable to suggest the zL1 will put down similar straight line numbers to the hurst even though I have a feeling the z might be a tad heavier I'm sure we'll know soon enough
Those Hurst numbers are a tick slower than some CTS-V results. I've read as low as 12.2 for the Caddy....now figure the ZL1 will have a slightly more free-breathing engine, wider tires, lighter weight, and now apparently it's getting GM's premier performance traction control system...