Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
2010CAMAROJ

Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Iphone 3G 3.0 Stereo Bluetooth?

Is there anyone who had tried this yet. I have my phone paired with the Bluetooth section and works fine, but with the new update 3.0 is there a way to pair the phone and the ipod at the same time thru A2DP. Can't seem to find the section to pair with the A2DP. I have only one profile and thats for the phone itself. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CAMAROJ View Post
Is there anyone who had tried this yet. I have my phone paired with the Bluetooth section and works fine, but with the new update 3.0 is there a way to pair the phone and the ipod at the same time thru A2DP. Can't seem to find the section to pair with the A2DP. I have only one profile and thats for the phone itself. Thanks.
In the car, you have to hit the Aux button and then hit the menu button. There should be something that says add Bluetooth Music Device. This will access your phone's A2DP capabilities, which 3.0 now has.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
I am very curious to see how the iPhone interacts with both A2DP and Handsfree. Please post your findings. Apple has told us that the iPhone will be able to support multiple Bluetooth connections at once.

And the instructions for pairing the A2DP are correct above. Go to the Aux Jack screen and press Menu. The Bluetooth setup screen will be shown and then select Add Device to begin the pairing process. Go through the screens following the instructions and you should be all set. Definitely let me know what you think about the pairing process, and your results.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
2010CAMAROJ

Test Results

So far, just a quick test at lunch, the pairing worked fine. It picks it up as GMusic Connect. I tried streaming the Pandora Radio it worked for the first maybe 30 seconds then starting to crackle and sounded like crap. So I then tried using the Ipod feature and it sounded great. Still need to test using the A2DP and have someone call me. But not sure about the Pandora radio stream. Probably test some more after work tonight when I have some more time.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
i updated mine to 3.0 last night...
tried 3 times this morning but so far it has not picked up GMusic Connect...
i waited forever (because it takes a while just for the phone bluetooth to pair up)
i'm bummed... but will try again.

anybody know of another way to "test" the phone to see if streaming is indeed working?
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612

Last edited by LDGn63; 06-19-2009 at 07:57 AM.
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
squig_2000

Drives: 1968 ss & 2010 1LT
Works great
squig_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
electropop

Drives: GM Vehicles
can't test the audio streaming without pairing the phone. when it fails to see GMusic Connect are you just trying a search again from the phone? have you tried turning Bluetooth on and off and then trying to search for GMusic Connect again?
electropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
electropop

Drives: GM Vehicles
based on the test result it looks like the issue with the Pandora radio is not Bluetooth but your network connection....do you agree?
electropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropop View Post
based on the test result it looks like the issue with the Pandora radio is not Bluetooth but your network connection....do you agree?
Considering the iPhone uses AT&T, I'd say it's the network...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
cfrid34

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
So far, just a quick test at lunch, the pairing worked fine. It picks it up as GMusic Connect. I tried streaming the Pandora Radio it worked for the first maybe 30 seconds then starting to crackle and sounded like crap. So I then tried using the Ipod feature and it sounded great. Still need to test using the A2DP and have someone call me. But not sure about the Pandora radio stream. Probably test some more after work tonight when I have some more time.
I haven't been able to get the A2DP stereo and the bluetooth phone profile to work at the same time; I think it's one or ther other. If anyone has gotten this to work, please share!
cfrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
LDGn63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrid34 View Post
I haven't been able to get the A2DP stereo and the bluetooth phone profile to work at the same time; I think it's one or ther other. If anyone has gotten this to work, please share!
i PM'd 2010CAMAROJ... his both work simultaneously (whew what a word)

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
cfrid34

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
i PM'd 2010CAMAROJ... his both work simultaneously (whew what a word)
Nice! Please post the work-around on this thread if he gets back to you, thanks!

cfrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
2010CAMAROJ

Worked fine on the way home, had the iPod playing and then got a phone call, talked for a minute hung up and the music came back on, all thru Bluetooth. Let me know if you need anymore clarification.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
LDGn63

no worky

well...
when i got home i tried again to pair my iphone with my 2SS.
i had the manual in my hand and did EXACTLY what it said for both syncing wirelessly AND with the USB cable (book shows that option too)
NO LUCK!
so i tried my wife's iphone... still no luck.
surely BOTH phones are not wacked???
I am doing a "restore" on my phone and will try again... i was soooo excited to have this feature.... shoot!