Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Finally got time to post my 1LE

I placed a order on 3/25 for my 2SS/RS/1LE from a small dealership in Harriman, TN. It finally arrived 6/7 with a little help from William R(Chevrolet Customer Care) and some phone calls and e-mails to GM. Since the dealership had never seen a 1LE, I gave strict instructions that it was not to be touched when it arrived. The dealership said that I was the first customer to ever make such a request, glad to know that I was the first.

So when it arrived, I happened to be sitting at home with my wife who was going through hell with a ruptured disc between L5-S1 in her back. I ran down to the dealership and took possession of a very dirty car that was "Still in the wrapper" as they said. It had not been touched and still had all the protective covers on the inside and outside.

When I got it home, I took a few pics before I began adding the parts that had been waiting on the car to arrive.

I then ran it up on my Race Ramps and pulled the front end to install the GM Heritage Grill, GM painted Splash Guards, and Gorilla Black Wheel Locks(Apex-Chase). My wife came outside and about had a stroke.

The next morning, I broke out the heat gun and removed all badges from the car, including the "CAMARO" on the front fenders.

I removed the factory spoiler and installed the GM Blade Spoiler which I really like.

Unfortunately, due to my wife having surgery and all the MRI's, etc. My modding came to a stop. After a week of hell in the hospital, I brought her home finally and today I installed my front splitter. Numerous warnings from members on this forum about improper installation made me extra cautious on drilling the holes.

I then installed the 'Splitter Guards' which I purchased from a forum member to protect my splitter. I think they look "Bad Ass" as my son likes to say.

I removed the carpeted mats and replaced them with WeatherTech mats since I intend to enjoy driving this car more that I did my '02 Z/28 and I wanted more weather protection.
I took advantage of the $750 in free GM accessories and got the trunk mat, trunk organizer, exterior car cover-for any over-night stays outside a garage, and the premium floor mats which I have not decided whether I will keep or sell.

I know you guys have seen plenty of Black 1LE's but this one is mine, so its a little special to me. I have only seen one Victory Red 1LE here in East TN, and that was while riding my chopper on the Cherohala Skyway. Hopefully I will run into some of the East TN members soon.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
i just bought mine on wednesday, and your the 2nd person iv heard say something about this "750" in free accessories........ what is this all about? would i still be able to get this

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Damn...that is starting the mods from the get go!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
i just bought mine on wednesday, and your the 2nd person iv heard say something about this "750" in free accessories........ what is this all about? would i still be able to get this
Nearly free. You have to pay sales tax on the 750 and obviously you go over and have to pay the difference. Its a little bit of a scam because you have to go over the 750 or make it exactly 750.

My guess is it varies dealer to dealer. Probably to give their accessories dept. some service

Nice black 1LE btw and let the modding begin
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
well im goin in monday to pick up my wheel locks, ill hassle them about it then

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #6
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Looks amazing
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #7
BDBiker

Aggieguy13, the promotion is for $750 in free accessories with the purchase of a new Camaro. My list of accessories totaled $760, so it cost me $10. You have to spend at least $750 to take advantage of the promotion, and anything over that dollar value comes out of your pocket. Hopefully this will clear the promotion up for you.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #8
BDBiker

One thing I found that you guys might want to check on your cars, the plastic bolt/nuts that hold the rubber air dam just behind the splitter were so loose from the factory that I could easily tighten them with my fingers. I realize that they are plastic but over time they might vibrate off. Just a little "nut check" that I have learned to do while dealing with "Hogs". Nothing quite like going for a ride and watching parts fall off your buddies bikes along the way. I know these cars don't vibrate like a Harley, but the screws were too loose.
I have a habit of "personalizing" my toys as soon as I get them. I would like to hear some other exhaust systems in person before I do something about the exhaust.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #9
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Very nice look. How easy was it to remove the Camaro logo from the sides? I have a Wagner hear gun and was thinking about removing them this afternoon. Does the heat risk the paint!

I bought a very nice SS logo for my center heritage hood but I'm not crazy about it. But like your comment about your black 1LE ... It's my custom look. ;-)
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #10
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Looks great. I love the exterior mods that you've done.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
One thing I found that you guys might want to check on your cars, the plastic bolt/nuts that hold the rubber air dam just behind the splitter were so loose from the factory that I could easily tighten them with my fingers. I realize that they are plastic but over time they might vibrate off. Just a little "nut check" that I have learned to do while dealing with "Hogs". Nothing quite like going for a ride and watching parts fall off your buddies bikes along the way. I know these cars don't vibrate like a Harley, but the screws were too loose.
I have a habit of "personalizing" my toys as soon as I get them. I would like to hear some other exhaust systems in person before I do something about the exhaust.
Yeah, my former SS was missing a few after 8,000 miles. Dealer had to order them - nuts and bolts packaged and sold individually. I think I bought 4 of each for about $25. Kind of steep for plastic fasteners...

Grille and spoiler look really nice!
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
BDBiker

Crystaltintcoat, I used the light setting and just warmed them up enough to soften the adhesive. They cam right off with no residue, same with the bowtie on the rear.

I really feel that it will be time well spent if you guys/gals do a quick "nut check" on those plastic bolts holding your airdam behind your splitter. I just used a socket and tightened them by hand.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Looking nice man!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
It's a good looking ride
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote