Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Tecca

Drives: ...
Why you keep your car clean

Well last night I was woken by some idiot jumping through my living room window with me laying only 6 feet away sleeping on the couch. I jumped up and chased after the moron but man running barefoot on rock and asphalt it hurts Anyway I got back to the house to call the cops and while I was waiting (30 minutes) for them to arrive I looked over my car to find finger prints all over the passenger side window. So they were able to pull some prints and hopefully catch the moron. Now I have an excuse to the family on why you don't touch the glass and why you keep it spotless so you can see every little greasy print and spec of dust.

Luckily no one was hurt and nothing was missing. The idiot missed a $600 camera, a $20 bill, and about $1000 worth of machining tools in my truck.

Anyway just thought I would share this, at first upsetting but now funny story because the guy was scarred away by a 7 lbs pup and we got his prints. Now lets hope they are on file

(Actually the cop was injured, while they were processing everything she slammed her thumb in the car door. Myself and the other cop thought she was being attacked, she definatly broke it though)
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Glad nothing was taken man... and feel bad for that cop's thumb! Good job on keeping the car clean though!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
Glad nothing was taken man... and feel bad for that cop's thumb! Good job on keeping the car clean though!
Yeah I felt bad for her, she was real cool. Never knew that the passanger doors automatically lock as well as the back seat doors and the other officer had the keys. We were kinda joking around that they should charge the dude for assulting a cop. I mean why not it never would have happened if this didn't happen.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Sorry to hear about your night man. But at least the guy didn't take anything. Hopefully they'll be able to catch him.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
He couldn't break the Camaro's window, so he broke your living room window?

Glad nothing was taken and no one was hurt (except for the cop). Now for sure I'm gonna wash my car every week!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
HOLY SH*T! Thats crazy man... I bet that scared the hell out of you. Hope they catch the dirt bag.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Glad you are ok!!! If that person was crazy enough to come into a home that was probably occupied, there is no telling what they could have done!!!
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
That's a crazy story. Glad you're ok and nothing was taken. Guy was probably hopped up on something if he just came through a window like that.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I hope you double checked your car keys after he came in the house. Dont want him coming back and taking it later...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Woah dude that's crazy! I keep a .45 and a shovel around for just such occasions. People are just crazy now-days... Go buy a .45 bc I need you around to argue about detailing products
Old 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
I hope you double checked your car keys after he came in the house. Dont want him coming back and taking it later...
I keep my keys locked up in a case so not worried about that, plus I have a car parked right behind, no way is someone take her

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
Woah dude that's crazy! I keep a .45 and a shovel around for just such occasions. People are just crazy now-days... Go buy a .45 bc I need you around to argue about detailing products
Wait till you see some new products I just got in the mail yesterday and have coming.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
Wait till you see some new products I just got in the mail yesterday and have coming.
Big box of adam's stuff I bet

Still blows my mind about this story man... scum bags are getting brave now a days.

People wonder why I have a crazy alarm system on my house.... its not that I live in a bad area, its I'm worried something like this might happen when I'm on the road and my family is here alone.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Big box of adam's stuff I bet

Still blows my mind about this story man... scum bags are getting brave now a days.

People wonder why I have a crazy alarm system on my house.... its not that I live in a bad area, its I'm worried something like this might happen when I'm on the road and my family is here alone.
I am just stunned more than anything, I mean, I have lived there for 31 years. Never has anything happened in that area it was a nice, safe family neighborhood. What's bad is it is a planned community so I cannot build a garage

I will now be installing motion alarms and camera's and lighting it up even more now.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Its sucks, but it the reality of the world we live in anymore... even the nicest areas aren't immune anymore b/c the scum just goes where theres potential for 'a good score'.

Good luck getting the pad locked down... dig a moat, buy some piranha, and maybe sharks with friggin lazer beams on their heads