Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #57
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I had to send the damn thing a couple times, lol
Sent you a reply if you did not notice. Have a great weekend.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #58
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I had a Mustang guy stalk my Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295187
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #59
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
I had a somewhat similar experience as the OP.

I was visiting a friend in Texas and we were just hanging around talking in a nearly empty parking lot when this cool looking Camaro pulled into the lot and stopped near us. Figuring guys in Texas were as friendly as the guys back home, I walked slowly over to the car and leaned in at the driver's side window (being careful not to touch the Camaro) to compliment him on his cool car, when the guy up and slugged me in the jaw! While I was getting up off the ground the driver got out of the Camaro and apologized, but it looked like he didn't really mean it. After that I complimented him on the car's interior just to calm him down and then I got the heck out of there.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #60
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I had a drunk guy hop into my '70 Buick once. Wanted me to take him to "Sunnyside, take me to Sunnyside". I drove a block, stopped, and said "here we are!", and he said thanks and got out. I hope he made it to Sunnyside
Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #61
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle SS View Post
You said it was a good reason to have a gun on your person...which implies you think it was a good time to take it out.
Not really, he implied that if you see someone with a pistol on their hip you're a lot less likely to mess with them. Guns are not just a physical deterrent, they are also a great psychological deterrent.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #62
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I wasn't trying to imply any such thing. 99.9% of the time, just having people know you are carrying would totally prevent the situation in the first place.
In a lot of places, letting someone know you have a gun is an implied threat. And, if you have a cc, no one should see it. So how would they have known?
So yet again, what you said was she should have threatened or shot the guys with a gun, after she let them hop in her ride.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #63
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
In a lot of places, letting someone know you have a gun is an implied threat. And, if you have a cc, no one should see it. So how would they have known?
So yet again, what you said was she should have threatened or shot the guys with a gun, after she let them hop in her ride.
Simple answer. Open carry
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #64
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
One time, I was at smoothie king with my cousin, and this group of guys who where a couple years younger than me, so probably 17ish, they asked to look at the inside of my car. I said of course, and walked outside with them, unlocked my car door, and before I knew it the group of guys piled into my car, and refused to get out until I gave one of them my car keys so that he could "take it for a test drive". I said hell no, demanded them to get out of my car, and about 5 minutes later they finally got the message and got out. I left Smoothie king without even getting a smoothie...I was PISSED

That was by far my worst experience, and really my only bad experience. The stupid guys probably thought that since I was a girl, they could do whatever the hell they wanted to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
WHAAAAT. I would've lost it and called the cops ASAP.

And of course gun discussion takes over this thread.

THERE IS A GUN THREAD IN THE OFF TOPIC SECTION FOR A REASON!
Right! That's all that needed to be said.

Please close thread.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #65
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Hey, we have a few guys trying to steer this on-topic. Bringing up the gun thing again doesn't help us
Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #66
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I love the 2014 Camaro !!!!!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #67
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Guns are not the answer
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #68
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
Guns are not the answer
Well thank goodness you've resolved that for everyone. Getting on with our lives...hey how about the topic? Anyone mind getting back on it?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #69
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
Not really, he implied that if you see someone with a pistol on their hip you're a lot less likely to mess with them. Guns are not just a physical deterrent, they are also a great psychological deterrent.
Well I'm glad someone actually reads and comprehends what I post, rather than just go into anti-gun mode at the very mention of one. Thanks.

I don't care who disagrees with me, just so long as they don't manipulate my words to suit their argument.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #70
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Well I'm sure it is in NY State.

Quote:
Again... don't tell me I "said" (typed) something that I didn't. You are "talking" out of the wrong end, my friend. I suggest you learn to read and comprehend what people post.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote