Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
No air tool needed!
but oh does it make life easier, lol
slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
We are glad you are enjoying your BMR lowering springs, if there is anything else we can do for you let us know.
Ridden on BMR Springs and they are great...super comfy and the stance is just about perfect. Not too low and no sag.
slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
bmr on 2010

thanks kyle
Attached Images

rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
sub'd. Curious how lowering will affect my incoming 1LE as they have already seriously addressed the suspension/steering from the stock SS. I'd hate to ruin it :(
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
No air tool needed!
Then how do you get that nut off? I tried with a regular socket and the nut turned but so did the strut shaft...... Im talking about the nut to get it out of the strut tower, not the nut releasing the spring itself.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
thanks kyle
How's it going Pete? When did you upgrade to an SS? When is going to be time to start doing some mods on it?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I say bag it!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
No air tool needed!
Air tools make life easy but you don't get the satisfaction of feeling like a man! Like a manly man!!!!

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
Then how do you get that nut off? I tried with a regular socket and the nut turned but so did the strut shaft...... Im talking about the nut to get it out of the strut tower, not the nut releasing the spring itself.
you use an offset strut socket because you need to get to the torx socket in the strut stud. The socket is a OTC 7544 24MM socket
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
Helps if you take the top bolt off while the cars weight is on it, but you'll need the torx sockets inorder to get proper torque value during re-assembly.
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Helps if you take the top bolt off while the cars weight is on it, but you'll need the torx sockets inorder to get proper torque value during re-assembly.
Sooooo, follow the instructions, put the wheel back on, lower the vehicle but the............................ NEVERMIND
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
Brandon@LSRPerformance

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLinares View Post
I don't know anything about car suspensions.. but I've seen a couple of lowered camaros and I really like the look.

I want to lower it enough so it looks nice.. I've noticed most of camaros go 1 inch -1.4.

I don't want to go TOOOO low.. but I want to go as low as possible. I dont want it to affect the way the car drives.. and i dont want to mess my bumper up on every speed bump

Anyways, what are some good springs? and how low? thanks a lot. Links would be great!!
We make a great set of springs. Our LSR springs offer a 1" (F) and 1.25" (R) drop which essentially levels the car. They are made in the USA and feature a lifetime warranty. They also have a great ride quality and will improve handling.

Sending you a PM.
Brandon@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLinares View Post
I don't know anything about car suspensions.. but I've seen a couple of lowered camaros and I really like the look.

I want to lower it enough so it looks nice.. I've noticed most of camaros go 1 inch -1.4.

I don't want to go TOOOO low.. but I want to go as low as possible. I dont want it to affect the way the car drives.. and i dont want to mess my bumper up on every speed bump

Anyways, what are some good springs? and how low? thanks a lot. Links would be great!!
Are you looking to lower it purely for the look, or are you looking for a performance improvement?

What are your goals with the car, and how do you drive the car?

Do you do any Drag Racing or Auto/ Road Course type stuff?
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote