Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
shiznight

Drives: 2010 camaro ss l99
deleting cats tomorrow.

Well time has come and mod bug infection is spreading, i'm going to delete the caats and resonator and replace it/them with a dynomax bullet. i'm keeping my stock mufflers on to keep the tone down. i do not have a tuner and understand i will be throwing a code. now here's my question because i've only gotten a vague idea of what to expect. getting rid of the cats i will increase flow and ofcourse gain a little hp in the process even untuned, but as far as how rich i'm going to run at wot i'm not sure. will i hurt my overall e.t. or will i still gain a faster time with the cel and no cats at all? i'm going to get it properly tuned in a few weeks but for now i'm going catless. what do you guys think? i've heard 15hp to gain but idk if that's fact. do the fuel maps go into a preset fuel perimeter at wot like the old 04 hemi rams? or does it stay pig rich to compinsate?
shiznight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Since you're a L99, you'll need to put a X or H pipe in place of the resonators. GM put the OEM H pipe within the resonator. It's been shown on numerous occasions that you'll loose HP/TQ if you run without a crossover. The cheapest option is a Ebay X pipe that looks identical to the magnaflow true X pipe but at half the price. It fits perfectly in the tunnel. Since you're thinking of the bullet mufflers, you might look into the magnaflow resonated X pipe. That would give you the X and the lower tone. Many run just that and no mufflers at all.

This one is 409SS which what your OEM exhaust is. There is a cheaper one but it's aluminized.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Universal...9acd5f&vxp=mtr
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
shiznight

hrm, well is the factory res restrictive? i could keep it and drop the cats for a bit of a gain? or is it not worth the time/labor?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznight View Post
hrm, well is the factory res restrictive? i could keep it and drop the cats for a bit of a gain? or is it not worth the time/labor?
It's not restrictive at all. The real restriction is in the cast manifolds and cats. You should gain 15-20whp with the cat delete. Several guys are running LT's with no cats and no tune, without a problem. As you know, the CEL will come on though.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #5
shiznight

Thank you for your quick response, I'll be heading to the shop in the morning and then off to the track if the air is good enough, either way heading there to donate for the tornado relief fund they are building. maybe this way i'll break into a new pb
Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
TECADON

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Here is another option for x-pipe I used not long ago for a friends L99 basically the same as what axis posted just not polished http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-St...-/290357213639

Yes its quick...quicker then you think!!!
TECADON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
shiznight

Can't argue with that, wasnt able to get it done though, exhaust guy was slammed with people in front of me, so for now i'm going to order that x-pipe and start from there. thanks guys i will post results as i get them added to the vehicle.

TSP vvt-1 cam, Headers-catless xpipe, Knn intake 417/422
Nitrous 100 wet shot 520/585
Racestar super 94 17x4.5/17x9.5
highest trap to date 120.6mph
12.0@spinfest. rage