Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #113
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
i say nay........use that money for a Z28. But i guess im in the minority.........
Back in the day the Z28 was such a step above the SS that it was automatically special. The SS's they abe building today are already amazing. How do you build a Z28 today and make it that much better than an SS without a price that is Corvette like?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #114
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Maybe they should remove the bowtie and put cadillac badges on this as well.....
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #115
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Back in the day the Z28 was such a step above the SS that it was automatically special. The SS's they abe building today are already amazing. How do you build a Z28 today and make it that much better than an SS without a price that is Corvette like?
How far back in the day are you talking about? You do realize that the z28 from the Gen1 camaro had a smaller engine than the SS.....
Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #116
mikevrod
Twisted Brothers MC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT/RS
where are the V6 Vendors??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i believe so, cause until you own one, you cant appreciate it as much as someone that actually does own one..same goes from someone that owns one and never drives it and has it garage kept as opposed to someone that made the camaro their everyday car. till you logg in some hours with it i dont think you can comment as correctly as someone who doesnt even own one. im one of the 18-35 yr olds that bought the V6 for the simple fact that before the car was release they said that the v6 would carry the bulk of the aftermarket performance parts since the V8 was already soo mean..and ive even read on here when i first joined someone had a friend in the Chevy crew that told him that the V6 was begging to be forced inducted and modded up..but then they never released any kind of tuning, so everyone went with the v8 cracked it turbo'd it and played with it..from what that same thread said is that GM made the 6 so high in Hp to get people to tune it and turbo/supercharge it so that V8 owners would start getting outran by V6's.

that way more people buy the V6 cause with a few thousand dollars like you said you can have a sleeper car that everyone wants. and take back some of the car market that cheap foreign cars have taken this exact same way..a cheap V6 car that, when supped up, can outrun a V8, or at least give it a run for its money..if i were standing on the sidelines and a guy in a V6 camaro outran a V8 i would be amazed as hell, then if i went to buy one id remember how that V6 was mean and unexpected..not saying that it would outrun a tuned V8 though but still a little six that destroys stock eights is nothing to sneer over..

but im trying like hell to get anyone to do a turbo for me,,ive been through dozens of possibilities that never went through and its been almost 4 months, and nobody will touch it due to the fact that the tuning hasnt been cracked yet. but im waiting on Oct.4th for the MTI Funfest to see if this next manufacturer will come through and use my car as a testbed for a turbo and actually turbo my car.
STS says they are working on a V6 car for SEMA. But other than that it's status quo. It's easy for Lingenfelter, Hennesey, Procharger, K&N etc.. to convert a GTO setup than to start a ground up, unique package.
One Manufacture mentioned that they are seeing a decline in the tuner market and the Drifting craze is staying in Japan. Other than pockets around the country, the excitement is fading. This came directly from Nitto, a major sponsor in both areas. What a great opportunity to build a North American "New Age" trick car. I'm sure there are many people that don't want a asian or european car but aren't ready to spend $40K+. They also would like a car pushing high 20 mpgs while producing V8 power. Look at the new SHO Taurus, V6 turbo, AWD sedan. Killer package.

GM, build a Turbo V6 400hp+ AWD [SS Trailblazer drivetrain] trim it in an Executive level and I will be in line first for my second Gen 5!
mikevrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #117
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
So, let me get this straight...if a person doesn't own one they get no opinion, if a person parks the car in the garage and doesn't daily drive it, they get no opinion, if they don't mod their car, they get no opinion...

I personally think it is people with these opinions that will turn this car into another Mustang..."you don't own one...just shut the F**K up!" That's what we need...another Mustang! Are you gonna start "street racing" anything that pulls up beside you too? If that is what the new Camaro turns into...I sure won't be buying one. I thought maybe that died off with the death of the 4th gen. I got so damn sick of every fanboy in another F-body or Mustang...or even better a Honda wanting to race my Formula. Actually it was one of the reasons I took the car off the road...I found I didn't want to be associated with the crowd that drove the car.

Is this what the new Camaro will turn in to? God I hope not! If so, will it be guaged ears this time around versus mullets and gold chains (70s and 80s) or sideways hats (4th gen).

I can't appreciate a car just because I don't own one...so, the fact that I've followed this car since day one...guess that accounts for nothing. Guess you've never appreciated a car huh? Maybe this is your first car or something and you are overly sensitive about it. I've driven GM cars since I started driving. I've had F-bodies and still do.

Guess you can't be fanboy enough without daily driving and modding your car...nice attitude.

Let's start a website...

www. IdontOwnAcamaro5butIwouldStillLikeToParticipateInD iscussionsAndLearnMoreAboutIt .com
Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #118
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
BERLINETTA 2 ...Coming soon, to a driveway near you

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #119
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
Gills look fine, Dude. Mine are not brushed.
Yes, the gills are fine, however, I was refering to the chrome side markers around the lights. They seem a little too small and with the reflectiveness of the chrome, they just seem to disappear! I may just put silver tape over them to see if it make it better.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #120
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
Let's start a website...

www. IdontOwnAcamaro5butIwouldStillLikeToParticipateInD iscussionsAndLearnMoreAboutIt .com

Guess that's what it may come to.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #121
len56

Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
I'd get it, if I can afford it. (hope they don't increase the price too much)
len56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #122
len56

Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Rendering done by MonaroSS on GMI...

Eh?
Very BMW.... I like!

Just throw some nice ambient lighting in there (BMW's put it under the door trim, should be easy enough to do), and it would be perfect.
len56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #123
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i believe so, cause until you own one, you cant appreciate it as much as someone that actually does own one..same goes from someone that owns one and never drives it and has it garage kept as opposed to someone that made the camaro their everyday car. till you logg in some hours with it i dont think you can comment as correctly as someone who doesnt even own one.

Okay dude, you keep telling yourself that.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #124
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Okay dude, you keep telling yourself that.
Not to support the idea that if you don't own one you can't talk about it...

But you can't possibly appreciate as much as possible unless you experience it. I learned that the hard way.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #125
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Rendering done by MonaroSS on GMI...

Eh?
i really like this, but it lost some of the things that i loved about the current interior. and, vents for the back seat, nice touch. but the rear view mirror, that looks like its out of an 87 buick.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #126
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not to support the idea that if you don't own one you can't talk about it...

But you can't possibly appreciate as much as possible unless you experience it. I learned that the hard way.
Dragoneye,
This statement I agree with. I will admit that a person that is just an enthusiast cannot FULLY appreciate everything about a car without owning one, but to say you CANNOT appreciate a car is ludicrous. I'm a fan of the Aston, have friends that own two of them and I absolutely want one...but do I understand all of the quirks of that car that make it special? No.

As far as participating, I'd hope the owners realize that alot of us non-owners are somewhere in the purchase process or decision process and our input is just as important when it comes to cars that will be purchased in the future.

I'm sure that GM is intelligent enough to recognize a troll-posting versus a posting by someone that is here to learn, interact, and participate in this vehicle.

Thank you for your reply!
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote