Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Ouch !

So far only 2000 or so miles here but car seems really well built
Old 12-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
Myothercarisafireengine

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2SS
How could a car with zero miles preordered be in an accident?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Don't expect to get much help on the paint job. I have already complained to GM and they aren't really interested in correcting mine. I haven't had any mechanical problems with mine. It's a rock. But, as I stated in an earlier post. For $30k-$40k. I would have hoped for a better quality paint job. At the very least a more durable one.
It's robots doing it... what do you expect? (cost cutting measures) No substitute for a true hand paint job!

Watching the NatGeo Ultimate Factories really opened my eyes to how cars are made these days. We arn't just losing our jobs to foreign countries, we are losing them to machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myothercarisafireengine View Post
How could a car with zero miles preordered be in an accident?
Yeah, I'm baffled. I thought I was stretching it a bit when I tried to put the blame on the dealer... but yeah sounds like Quality Control was asleep when your car went through. Sorry :(! I hope you can get it all fixed... like a real new car, and have the worst behind you!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Just a few comments:

#1; It's the first model-year of a new car. Problems are expected. It's when those problems persist for multiple years that the car gets crucified. Every hiccup so far, Chevy has recognized and fixed asap.

#2; no car is without its share of issues, regardless of cost. Even multi-hundred thousand dollar cars have issues. Ferrari's warranty period reflects that to the extreme....

#3; no single vehicle (out of millions produced in a year) is an accurate measure of any company. You said you bought an Equinox and a Suburban and never had an issue...so why threaten to never buy GM again?

#4: You've said multiple times, and your examples illustrate -- that it's just a bunch of tiny little problems. Nothing catastrophic, and nothing that can't be fixed (that's why they give you one of the best warrantys out there). So why the duct-tape comment? :(

I'm not about to tell you you're wrong, or that your car isn't broke, or whatever other blind-loyalty statement somebody might spout at you...what I will say is maybe have a little patience? Relax a little? I think you do have a lemon...because your experience is definitely not typical.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
You should find a Regional or District rep for GM and let them know how you feel. You never know if you might get some kind of hook up.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
i remember hearing that lemon law had to be the same problem. Also i believe that time constraints are about a year, as in all the problems have to occur in a years time.
Not 100% sure on this however it deffinately seem worth looking into
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Camaro Falling Apart?
Is anyone else sad because they feel like their Camaro is falling apart? I have been having multiple problems with mine. While, they all seem minor, they are adding up to me having to have my car in the shop what seems like twice a month.
I will list the things I have fixed and then list the things I am going to get fixed soon, as well as some things that I am not even sure they will fix. :o(
I brought my Camaro to the dealer to have the following done when it only had 4884 miles on it.
Left Rear tail lamp had so much water in it that I could have put goldfish in it..no kidding!
My Chevrolet emblems on the bottom of the door jams would not stay in place..they were peeling badly.
Driver’s side door speaker was rattling bad, so they reinstalled it basically.
The dealer also performed the recall listed as this “HVAC RPG, ENG HARNESS INSP, REAR SPO OPEN CAMPAIGN IN VIS” Performed Programming, code 992DA1
My tires were also not holding air, so I paid to put nitrogen in them and it seemed to do the trick..not sure how or why?
My steering wheel was never in alignment from day one, so I had to take it in to have them make it straight and realign the whole car to fix the steering wheel. I had this taken care of at 5000k miles because they forgot to do it at my first trip to the service department.
Now, I have the following, my car NEVER was the right color. It came two tone. The hood and fenders are a shade off of the car color. My car is RJT and I never noticed how bad it really was until I saw it on an overcast day. I have a friend who owns a body shop and all of his guys always comment on what a “crappy paint job my car has” That makes me feel wonderful. :o(
On the passenger side of the car, the bottom of the body is coming off., the passenger side material under the front wheel well is coming off…that’s right it is hanging down. :o(
There is a clunking sound in my truck that sounds like a loose bolt when you open and close it.
That is all I have for now, I am very sad..I have a lemon.
We bought an Equinox and a Chevrolet Suburban before this, and have never really had a problem. If I could get my money back I would. If you spend 40k on a car, it seems a bit much to have to bring it in every couple of weeks. To top it off, they no longer give rentals; instead you have to travel around in their van. Have you ever tried that with two kids in car seats? (yes I am a mom with child seats in my camaro)
I honestly think this will be the last GM car we purchase. I really love GM’s new slogan, “MAY THE BEST CAR WIN” Chevy, I must say this YOU LOSE! Or maybe I lose, I am the one stuck with a lemon.
I guess I am just really sad, because I have been watching this car forever. GM said they took three years to develop it because they wanted it to be bug less. I like the car and the concept, just hate the issue and the constant feeling that it is going to fall apart while I go down the road!
Does anyone know how long I have for a lemon? What is the time frame for lemon law?
Sorry to ramble…sad and frustrated, I should have bought the Subaru STI that my husband wanted, but no…I wanted the American Muscle Car…the one put together with duct tape.
The color issue is not really an issue. I think there was a thread on here in fact showing that it's the angles of the car that makes it look like that. More noticable on darker colors, but you will see that in every Camaro.

As for the bottom of the passenger side coming off. Chances are you may have hit something, or it rolled up in there. Simple fix though.

And as for the Clunking sound in your trunk, That's what the recall was actually for. Tighten the nut on your spoiler. I beating when the were doing it, the let the other one fall in the trunk, and what you are hearing is the nut rolling around.

I am sorry you are not happy with the car. A couple of things on your list though just sound like a dealership problem. The car not being aligned? And what do you mean they don't give rentals? Says who. If your vehicle is kept at the dealership overnight because of a WARRANTY concern, then GM will pay for a rental. I work at a dealership. Believe me I have done it a couple times for my customers. I would seriously maybe try another dealership. Sounds like yours just doesnt care.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #22
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Dragon, the dealer and GM need to address the issues of her Camaro. All of them, in fact. Just because she owns 3 GM cars and 2 of them are running well, doesn't mean GM should turn a blind eye to the third car. By GM backing up and honoring their workmanship on her Camaro would be the greatest testament that GM truly has turned the page on not only shoddy automobiles, but also shoddy customer service as well. If I was GM, I would embrace this situation, make it right and then use it as a positive example to smeer in the faces of all of GM's competitors. I'm very curious and interested to see how the dealership responds to this.

To the OP, you don't have to bring your car to YOUR dealership if they aren't cooperating with you. You can bring your car to any GM dealership for service. Sadly, even the GM crackdown on lame/shady dealerships that took place earlier this year wasn't a strong enough message to some of the still fortunate/existing dealerships. Don't feel obligated to keep returning to your original dealership.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #23
coolman

We were in the same boat with my wife's 2lt and it was an earlier one. Now she drives an SHO that is also an all new car ,and it has been fawless in the short time that we've had it. I bought a 2ss/rs in the fall and haven't had any problems with it yet. I think this is because it was a later build. I also have very little miles on it ,and it's sleeping for the winter. I'll let you know how my is doing in the sring.

I do believe the SHO does proves that companies can build cars out of the box that don't have problems.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
The color issue is not really an issue. I think there was a thread on here in fact showing that it's the angles of the car that makes it look like that. More noticable on darker colors, but you will see that in every Camaro.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42941
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #25
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
you sir, have a lemon.....

Which sucks, I'm sure you'll be able to get you money back though!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #26
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think you need a drink

My RJT's front fascia is a slightly different color, but not super noticeable. Also received my car in late April and I am an R6P with a vin <1000

You can also take your car to another chevy dealer in your area if you are not satisfied with your current one (sounds like they are jerking you around). This is what I do. The dealer I purchased from is a good 30 min away, so I have taken mine to the one that is 7 min away when things needed to be fixed.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #27
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
We were in the same boat with my wife's 2lt and it was an earlier one. Now she drives an SHO that is also an all new car ,and it has been fawless in the short time that we've had it. I bought a 2ss/rs in the fall and haven't had any problems with it yet. I think this is because it was a later build. I also have very little miles on it ,and it's sleeping for the winter. I'll let you know how my is doing in the sring.

I do believe the SHO does proves that companies can build cars out of the box that don't have problems.
The SHO has been in development for quite some time when they shut down the Taurus model line. Ford sank a boatload of money in R&D to get the Taurus to be their new cashcow. Yes, it is a quality car and it should be. The new Taurus is an exciting, polished vehicle.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Love mine! No issues whatsoever,sorry to hear about the problems,sound like easy fixes for your dealer to address. Keep the faith.
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote