Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
i would get a refund. even if you shipped it back and got your money back. you still would save $200. i would complain. take more pics, and get money back. i dont think ivan/southwest makes the bow tie. only aac does

here is another unsatisfied customer too about the same thing

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203661
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I would not mail back yet. Make them pay for this shipping back and also report to BBB. THis has been going on long enough. No way that occurred during shipping. Keep talking with Ivan and see if he will get it straiten out. That looks like a mess to me, but have seen it all before. AAC took care of me and was appreciative, but first tie should have been better from the start.
Even though I had this issue I still order directly from AAC. Some things get over looked and if we keep pointing them out, hopefully they wont get missed in the future.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Thanks everyone i mean it. I dont want anyone to have this happen to them. Dont buy anything from them. Please stay away, i looked at ttexans post before i ordered it and thought to myself..... cant happen to me right i mean paying 350 it should be perfect....... dead wrong.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
zkdreads

put it on ebay lol
Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Not trying to disrespect any of the buyers here, but I have seen so many negative comments about AAC and nothing good about them. Why are people giving AAC their money when we know that their products tend to have defects in them? They may have some cool ideas, but I am not going to spend my money there and take a gamble if my purchased product isn't going to be what I expected.
You need to read more... I wont say more than that because I've already said it all before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'd be pissed too if I paid $350 for that. Not to rub salt in the wound, but I googled "illuminated SS camaro5" and this was the first link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199505

I'd see if you can return that one to Southwest and then just buy it from AAC for $209.
That's a totally different part stieger. The one he has is the Billet Aluminum Sparks restoration SS emblem that is illuminated. The link you posted is the same as the one of AAC's site. The SS emblem alone is currently $150 I thought it was more than that not to long ago. $350 does seem a bit over priced IMO for a $150 emblem with some plexiglass and LED's behind it.

All that being said. I have done business with both AAC and Ivan and both are very very good vendors and people... To all out bash them both for something so minor is All I see in the photos as stated in Southwest's reply is the silicone seal that looks like crap I agree, but it's not hard to clean up Also I don't believe that happened during shipping as shipping wouldn't make the silicone spread like that, UNLESS!! it's a low temp silicone that melted in the heat... who knows but that's probably unlikely. It's not hard to clean up the silicone, really it's not... Is the Aluminum scratched or gouged in any way?

As a side note that box looks 10 times better than every box I get shipped to me I have printer boxes and Computer component boxes come in with parts hanging half out... the shipping service to my house sucks balz, especially from FED Up I mean Ex... They leave things int eh middle of my driveway they can't even drop it off at the door, lazy 8@$t@rd$...

Anyway... other than some sloppy silicone (That can easily be cleaned up) I don't see why you are so and bashing people who despite what few threads people read actually have a great reputation... Should you have to clean it up? No... is it the end of the world? Certainly not... just jumping on a band wagon is all I see, again

The black int eh white I see looks like lint/dirt that can be cleaned what "looks" like scratches is the smear of the silicone at least that's what it looks like. But here is the big question. Who the heck is going to stick their head into your grille and look around all the edges of your SS emblem looking for this? Honestly? I heard a painter once say You put the most effort and best paint where people will see it. This is such a small piece inside a grille tucked away once you install it you won't flippin notice the silicone. It's like the guy asking if he was being picky about an uneven paint edge on his side markers... yeah unless you expect people to put their head on your fender to look at them

EDIT:
His bowtie was in worse shape than your SS emblem, and his was an easy fix.

Last edited by SummoneR; 03-13-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
this is not the first thread I have seen with pics of a horrible product and wont be the last. but some vendors should be downright disgusted that they take peoples money and send out some crap like that, that we can all blatantly see what is wrong from the pics. I can see missaligned white, uncured looking mirror chrome/plastic, and jagged looking clear plastic cuts. that is horrendous and I thankyou for your post. I would dispute the charge with bank for sure.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
zkdreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
You need to read more... I wont say more than that because I've already said it all before.

That's a totally different part stieger. The one he has is the Billet Aluminum Sparks restoration SS emblem that is illuminated. The link you posted is the same as the one of AAC's site. The SS emblem alone is currently $150 I thought it was more than that not to long ago. $350 does seem a bit over priced IMO for a $150 emblem with some plexiglass and LED's behind it.

All that being said. I have done business with both AAC and Ivan and both are very very good vendors and people... To all out bash them both for something so minor is All I see in the photos as stated in Southwest's reply is the silicone seal that looks like crap I agree, but it's not hard to clean up Also I don't believe that happened during shipping as shipping wouldn't make the silicone spread like that, UNLESS!! it's a low temp silicone that melted in the heat... who knows but that's probably unlikely. It's not hard to clean up the silicone, really it's not... Is the Aluminum scratched or gouged in any way?

As a side note that box looks 10 times better than every box I get shipped to me I have printer boxes and Computer component boxes come in with parts hanging half out... the shipping service to my house sucks balz, especially from FED Up I mean Ex... They leave things int eh middle of my driveway they can't even drop it off at the door, lazy 8@$t@rd$...

Anyway... other than some sloppy silicone (That can easily be cleaned up) I don't see why you are so and bashing people who despite what few threads people read actually have a great reputation... Should you have to clean it up? No... is it the end of the world? Certainly not... just jumping on a band wagon is all I see, again

EDIT:
His bowtie was in worse shape than your SS emblem.
I TOTATLLLY disagree. you shouldnt get a product whether its $350 or $20 to where you should have to fix it up/clean it up/buy products/find products to make it perfect. thats the purpose of a person selling an NEW and UNUSED item. to me you should have an expectation that you should not have to do ANYTHING to a product to make it look/work in how it was intended. but thats just me
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

EDIT:
His bowtie was in worse shape than your SS emblem, and his was an easy fix.
Eh did you see the pics? The silicon joints are BS, the paint looks mediocre and the emblem itself is scratched.

It looks as if a juvenile monkey painted and assembled that thing. They couldn't "just clean the silicon off" before they shipped it? A $350 product should have AT LEAST some presentation "pride" to it. Hell, a $50 part should as well.

Beside all of that, the email response he received is just sad.

Nobody LIKES to bash a seller on here but seriously, that's obviously a poorly put together part.

Maybe I'm just picky though. I even clean off used parts before I ship them to other members here.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
I TOTATLLLY disagree. you shouldnt get a product whether its $350 or $20 to where you should have to fix it up/clean it up/buy products/find products to make it perfect. thats the purpose of a person selling an NEW and UNUSED item. to me you should have an expectation that you should not have to do ANYTHING to a product to make it look/work in how it was intended. but thats just me
Okay did I not say you shouldn't have to either? I am pretty sure I did. But it is not the end of the world. Am I a perfectionist, I certainly am... do I expect it from everyone else all the time, or at all? certainly not... It's all about standards and the ability to overcome something when it's not to your exact licking. Fix the dang thing yourself and call it a day. I hate to say it but stop It's not like it won't function or even look bad the way it is now. I certainly would not banish the vendors forever and tell everyone else to do the same that's just stupid overkill and ridiculous for some silicone spread I don't know how people like this function in such an imperfect world. I'm not trying to bash anyone just trying to understand where this idea that everything must always be 110% perfect or else I am going to throw a temper tantrum.

Okay I'm done.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Eh did you see the pics? The silicon joints are BS, the paint looks mediocre and the emblem itself is scratched.

It looks as if a juvenile monkey painted and assembled that thing. They couldn't "just clean the silicon off" before they shipped it? A $350 product should have AT LEAST some presentation "pride" to it. Hell, a $50 part should as well.

Beside all of that, the email response he received is just sad.

Nobody LIKES to bash a seller on here but seriously, that's obviously a poorly put together part.

Maybe I'm just picky though. I even clean off used parts before I ship them to other members here.
This was part of my edit

The black in the white I see looks like lint/dirt that can be cleaned what "looks" like scratches is the smear of the silicone at least that's what it looks like. But here is the big question. Who the heck is going to stick their head into your grille and look around all the edges of your SS emblem looking for this? Honestly? I heard a painter once say You put the most effort and best paint where people will see it. This is such a small piece inside a grille tucked away once you install it you won't flippin notice the silicone. It's like the guy asking if he was being picky about an uneven paint edge on his side markers... yeah unless you expect people to put their head on your fender to look at them

Also the emblem is a sparks restoration emblem why did he not include them in his class action? The white paint bleeding up on the aluminum is the hardest thing to fix of it all and that's their fault. I see no scratches just smeared silicone. Which I agree looks horrible but AGAIN is easily fixable...

BTW everyone loves to bash vendors on here, happens all the time, I feel it is my job to point out the ones that are ridiculous as I am now.

I agree, I clean things up prior to giving to someone else too.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #25
SummoneR
Paul

Why do I think this is ridiculous? The part was not broken. It was a cosmetic fix that can be done in the comfort of your arm chair. And the vendors involved did not treat the OP in any malicious attitude and try to screw him over. Is it a reason to act like the vendors are horrible evil people you should stay away from? absolutely not. I agree with the OP about being upset to spend this much for it to look like that, I'd fix it and move on about my day, much less stressful that way. I just think post's like this are ridiculous because they are so over the top extreme measures to make the vendor in question out to be the bad guys... We are not children, why are we acting like them? I said it before and I will say it again. My Camaro was not perfect when I bought it, loose bolts, panels that kept falling off others that wouldn't come off, and I spent $41,000 on this thing!! OMG!! Oh well $hit happens I fixed it I did not even complain about it I mention it all the time as a point. But I did not take it to the dealer as well, why? Because most dealers are idiots and take for ever to do what I can do in a matter of minutes. So again if I received this I would have cleaned it up and been on my way. I bought some racing pedals from Ivan I questioned the design he said send me some pictures and I will ask them why it is that way, I then later figured it out and the world was right again, but Ivan and Jonathan have both been very good to me, and a lot of other members... they hardly deserve this for some messy silicone, that is the only point I am really trying to make other than some people are just way too sensitive in the nipples (as a fellow member put it).
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
question,? Who are we talking about exactly? Southwest speed, or AAC? or does SW just distribute the product for AAC?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #27
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
question,? Who are we talking about exactly? Southwest speed, or AAC? or does SW just distribute the product for AAC?
I believe you order it though SW and AAC actually produces it for them and SW sells it.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #28
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
SummoneR.... sounds like you are sure sticking this one hard.. if you cant see the messed up stuff then i dont know what you are looking at. I also shouldnt have to sit in my arm chair and clean up shit after paying 350$. I think its pathetic that in this day and age, you cant even buy something thats made in america and have it mean something.

No matter if i could or couldnt fix it, i shouldnt have to at all. I cant fix scratchs in chrome or fix the paint problems.

Guess i must just be a a$$hole for waiting what i thought i paid for.

Closed Thread