Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'd turn up my speakers and listen to 8 pages of mostly C5 videos. Pick the one that sounds how you want your camaro to sound. There are big gaps in price, big differences in sound, but a nickles worth in horsepower. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21289

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Anyone going to the ls fest

Your more than welcome to stop by the both and check out our American Racing complete system on our shop 2010 camaro.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
CjohnsonBB

Drives: 2010 Camaro. Rally yellow w/stripes
I'm going with Corsa sport cat-back now, it sounds pretty official.

CjohnsonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
harmonicator
Super Lead Plexi

Drives: "Elvira" 2010 Blk Camaro 3SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
KingT, If you purchased our header system then I highly recommend our axle back. The system offers no rasp with little to no drone. There should be plenty of feedback you can get right here on this forum. The mufflers are also 304 S/S and made here in the states. If you have any questions please let me know.

Nick
yesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!!

Get the whole system. Keep it all ARH so everything fits and is top shelf. The tips look killer and the mufflers perform and sound killer. Pretty quiet at idle and cruise, absolutely awesome at WOT! Decel popping was greatly reduced (quieted) compared with running the headers with no mufflers, and there is zero drone anywhere across the spectrum from what I can tell. No rasp at all...LOTS without mufflers. I initially installed the ARH 1-7/8" without mufflers thinking the cats would quiet it down enough and still preserve low end torque. Also had it dyno-tuned. Despite gaining 40rwhp/rwtq, the numbers didn't reflect how the car was running. Without mufflers, it ran like crap. NO LOW END, FLAT RESPONSE. No more hood raising up when opening it up 1st through 3rd. At first I thought it might be the size of the primaries, and that I should've gone with 1-3/4". Also sounded totally harsh, with lots of drone and rasp like NASCAR. Happy to say the ARH axle-back completely fixed all of that and then some. Now all that power is usable, with all the low end grunt returned. The exhaust note is also refined and not harsh at all. I can't say how another axle-back will work with the ARH, but why not keep it all the same??? They designed the whole system to work together and be badass.

Only regret is not getting the complete system first thing.

Last edited by harmonicator; 08-25-2010 at 01:34 PM.
harmonicator is offline   Reply With Quote