Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
Just pulled the trigger and bought an SLP TVS2300

Sounded like this was the best bang for the buck!

Me and a friend will be installing the kit ourselves (looks pretty straight forward). Anyone have any tips or techiques on the install? Can't wait to have the blower sound again!!

I currently have an ADM "race" intake (will it line up with the supercharger?), kooks longtube headers, and a pretty aggressive HP tune. So....once we install the supercharger....I'm sure it'll need retuned.

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Nice! I have heard the newest version of the TVS that SLP has is the easiest to install. Otherwise, connect all of the hoses before you drop it in, more clearance.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness91Z28 View Post
Sounded like this was the best bang for the buck!

Me and a friend will be installing the kit ourselves (looks pretty straight forward). Anyone have any tips or techiques on the install? Can't wait to have the blower sound again!!

I currently have an ADM "race" intake (will it line up with the supercharger?), kooks longtube headers, and a pretty aggressive HP tune. So....once we install the supercharger....I'm sure it'll need retuned.
There will be no blower sound unless you install a cog drive. My TVS2300 is very quiet.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
I had mine installed by SLP about a month ago, they had it in and out in under 5hrs. The new design is apparently amazingly easy to install; all the hoses are pre-cut/molded and all the wiring is plug and play.

As to the supercharger sound, its not really loud. When they test drove it the first thing I thought was damn is that my car... sounds really loud, exhaust wise. But as they drove around the block you could certainly appreciate the subtle whine of the supercharger, and I was inside. Personally, I like the whole sleeper idea so quiet is fine by me but you can hear it once it starts building boost.

As far as the intake, the new unit sets the TB off toward the passenger side. I looked around and as far as I know, SLP is the only vendor using this setup, and therefore I could not find any cold air intakes that would work.. Maybe you could try to fabricate something to get it to work. I stuck with the stock intake box, which I had to take off my CAI intake and put the stock back in its place since I went with SLP's powertrain warranty.

I think my car might have been one of the first with the new TVS on it, if you check out SLP's site, the Stage 1 kit for the Camaro shows the new unit installed on my car. I thought that was pretty cool

Here are some pics of mine to give you an idea on the intake.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259678
Old 12-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Check with Bill at CAI, Inc they have tubes & kits for Maggies. Didn't your SLP kit come with their Blackwing intake?

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

2SS45th, my supercharger looks different than yours....my TB is located dead center....it's not off to the side at all.

And yes Kronix, my kit came with the "blackwig" intake tube...and it also came with another intake tube taht says "suerpcharged"

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Gosh I want so badly.

Congrats to you

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, post a video when finished
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
family man

Drives: .
I'm jelly.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

I'll post some videos and pictures when we get it done! Only thing I'm concerned about is the tune that came with the s/c unit.

My car has a pretty aggressive tune on it...I have longtube headers, ADM "race" CAI, cutouts, & ported TB. I was told that the car is dialed it "perfectly" with the current set up. Once I put the blower on....I'm not sure if I shold go ahead and load the tune on that came with the s/c or wait to get a custom tune. Just want to make sure it will not hurt the car if I don't put the tune on it that came with the s/c.

2010 Camaro SS
Pedders XA Coilovers
Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
I'll post some videos and pictures when we get it done! Only thing I'm concerned about is the tune that came with the s/c unit.

My car has a pretty aggressive tune on it...I have longtube headers, ADM "race" CAI, cutouts, & ported TB. I was told that the car is dialed it "perfectly" with the current set up. Once I put the blower on....I'm not sure if I shold go ahead and load the tune on that came with the s/c or wait to get a custom tune. Just want to make sure it will not hurt the car if I don't put the tune on it that came with the s/c.
So I assume you're doing the install? If so, I recommend loading the SLP tune just for safety measure, until you can see your tuner. Then bring to your tuner and have him redial it in "perfectly".......I'm not a big fan of their (SLP) Blackwing CAI tube & filter, but I have the MPD1 true ram induced hood so I have a custom CAI, Inc with no plexiglass on top and cold, fresh air is forced right into the the open box. You may like the Blackwing, since you're running the stock hood.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
So I assume you're doing the install? If so, I recommend loading the SLP tune just for safety measure, until you can see your tuner. Then bring to your tuner and have him redial it in "perfectly".......I'm not a big fan of their (SLP) Blackwing CAI tube & filter, but I have the MPD1 true ram induced hood so I have a custom CAI, Inc with no plexiglass on top and cold, fresh air is forced right into the the open box. You may like the Blackwing, since you're running the stock hood.

Thanks for the heads up, I figured I coudl just load "their tune on" then get it retuned so it'll be dialed in...and probably get a little more power as well. Here are a few pictures of the install:

Only thing I still need to figure out is how to torque down the bolt located directly under the jack shaft.....I can barely get anything on it. I cut down a 10MM and used a swivel....but still no luck. It's snug....it's just not torqued to specs like all of the other bolts...

2010 Camaro SS
Pedders XA Coilovers
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
Looks good! I had the same issue with the one manifold bolt its to damm tight to get to, i just snugged it down best i could. Great job tho have fun with it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I figured I coudl just load "their tune on" then get it retuned so it'll be dialed in...and probably get a little more power as well. Here are a few pictures of the install:

Only thing I still need to figure out is how to torque down the bolt located directly under the jack shaft.....I can barely get anything on it. I cut down a 10MM and used a swivel....but still no luck. It's snug....it's just not torqued to specs like all of the other bolts...

1/4 drive, 6in extension with a 10mm swivel socket.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote