Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #239
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
i was hoping to produce the similiar numbers with mine before i had to rebuild it. But we all know how that goes haha.

I would say go with the 200 shot. haha

and i know about the down time. I daily drive my car and it only has 26k miles on it because of all the down time due to the upgrades and modifications haha. I am getting really antsy not having her too. Its easier when its winter out and you can't driver her... but its middle of summer
Haha yeah easy enough to turn up the juice but frankly I feel it'd be more likely to let go on a big shot of juice than turning up the blower. Dunno. I know I'm going to get funny looks when I ask them to do it LOL.

You'd want to make all that power on a daily? Downtime is the worst man and I still can't believe the motor let go on you but your more aggressive than I. My car is just a street brawler I realize at the end of the day, my interest in setting a time down the 1320 is next to 0. I do however, like the fact I can go balls to the wall there without fear of arrest LOL.

Why not just put yours back with stock parts for the time being? I'm sure it would be quite cheap and then you can save towards a shortblock from TSP or something. Then you can sell your shortblock to recoup the cost. Hopefully your back up and running soon man.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #240
xjer22x

Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Haha yeah easy enough to turn up the juice but frankly I feel it'd be more likely to let go on a big shot of juice than turning up the blower. Dunno. I know I'm going to get funny looks when I ask them to do it LOL.

You'd want to make all that power on a daily? Downtime is the worst man and I still can't believe the motor let go on you but your more aggressive than I. My car is just a street brawler I realize at the end of the day, my interest in setting a time down the 1320 is next to 0. I do however, like the fact I can go balls to the wall there without fear of arrest LOL.

Why not just put yours back with stock parts for the time being? I'm sure it would be quite cheap and then you can save towards a shortblock from TSP or something. Then you can sell your shortblock to recoup the cost. Hopefully your back up and running soon man.
Haha yeah, I race mine at the track every chance I get. I have had this car for over 4 years now and plan on never letting her go again(yes I traded her in for about 6 months at a dealer, and the purchased her back) . But the way I look at things are I could always throw a stock rotating assembly in and be back on the road. But I would prefer to only open her up once. so I have her in pieces, mines well take a little extra time now and get her right where I want her.

Yeah I wanna get 1000whp just to have the dyno sheet proving it. But realistically... I will probably never use that power besides on the dyno. Because I do enjoy her more on the street anyways. Yes I race her a lot but its all for fun. I bought the car to drive as much as I can, so I do. But I am building a 1200-1500hp motor that I will only be running 800-900whp. Feel it will last longer and be more reliable that way.

At this point I have chosen to take this long with the build... as hard as it is, my goal is to have her back on the road and be a bullet proof 10second car. Lol but plans always change... so who knows.

Might just say F@Ck it and try to beat you to 1000whp on stock bottom haha. Jk jk.. but we will see.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #241
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
LOL thanks Ted. I'll have a motor ready for swap just want to see if it'll hold up. We are already making 900whp stock bottom and its been down the 1320

What was your 1/4 time?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #242
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
What was your 1/4 time?
The whole system timed out he was so slow. No time was given, why do you think he wouldn't give us the time

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #243
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
LOL thanks Ted. I'll have a motor ready for swap just want to see if it'll hold up. We are already making 900whp stock bottom and its been down the 1320
It took you nearly 13 seconds to get down the 1/4 with 900 rwhp. I'd keep that shit quiet if I was you!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #244
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
The whole system timed out he was so slow. No time was given, why do you think he wouldn't give us the time
It's on video. Funniest shit you'll ever see!!!!

Sorry V, but being ridiculed is to be expected when to take 900 HP to the track on 22's!!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #245
VanquisherSS

Quote:
At least mine made it to the strip lol
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #246
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It's on video. Funniest shit you'll ever see!!!!

Sorry V, but being ridiculed is to be expected when to take 900 HP to the track on 22's!!
Hahaha it's all good, it was pretty funny to watch I admit. I couldn't even spray it, thankfully they didn't get that pass on video almost lost it doing it huge burnout through 2nd. I literally have to walk it out through 1st and 2nd lol

Best I ran s far sadly on my 22s was a 12.818 at 118
with a 3000 da boost only
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #247
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Point to you.

Watching you two go at it is like watching the hurdles at the special Olympics.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #248
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hahaha it's all good, it was pretty funny to watch I admit. I couldn't even spray it, thankfully they didn't get that pass on video almost lost it doing it huge burnout through 2nd. I literally have to walk it out through 1st and 2nd lol

Best I ran s far sadly on my 22s was a 12.818 at 118
with a 3000 da boost only
You could see in the video the car was squirely the entire pass.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #249
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You could see in the video the car was squirely the entire pass.
Yeah I had problems all day lol, I had a few good roll passes but anything high horsepower left me from a 2nd gear roll as I just light them up. What you saw was only on boost.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #250
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
So not seeing many stock displacement, 1000whp cars posting here lol Looks like i have a challenge ahead of me

should be fairly easy on forged internal, good heads, solid fuel and twin turbos.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #251
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Hey now, cheap shot. I made it to the strip too, cut out after 2nd gear and coasted to a 16 @ 60ish.

Hell yeah, racecar yeah!

At least I left my 22s at home....

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #252
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Hey now, cheap shot. I made it to the strip too, cut out after 2nd gear and coasted to a 16 @ 60ish.

Hell yeah, racecar yeah!

At least I left my 22s at home....
Doesn't count lol didn't even complete a pass, the maggie was just too much for that engine. 600HP of fury.

Hey now I wouldn't have changed my wheels/tires I just don't have anything else at the moment haha.