Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
Tal

Drives: Old
First on being young, yes a lot of sales people won't take you serious when it comes to purchases, it's not just age though but how you're dressed, how you act and the whole package. It's always been that way, and I could tell you some stories but even a bad dealer will sometimes have a hungry salesman that wants to sell a Cadillac to a grimey looking guy that just hit a gusher (oil).

Car dealers aren't some homogenous group though. There's a lot of variation dealer to dealer as they are all franchise operations. Beyond that the sales and service departments can be quite different, one place might be terrible all around, another might have great sales people with terrible service, another might have great service with terrible sales people while yet another might be great all around.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
Car dealers aren't some homogenous group though. There's a lot of variation dealer to dealer as they are all franchise operations. Beyond that the sales and service departments can be quite different, one place might be terrible all around, another might have great sales people with terrible service, another might have great service with terrible sales people while yet another might be great all around.
You can say THAT again!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Next time try talking to the right department, with what you want done it should have been the body shop and not service ...

Also talk nice and don't demand like they owe you something ...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #32
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
Is any one fed up with the local chevy dealers?

My problems started even before i ordered my car...

maybe it started with my age...
I was 21 looking for a new car considering a C6/Camaro, yes I was young but none the less still a customer. No one took me seriously. How rude.

I found this somewhat offensive...
Could I sure for Discrimination or something? lol

Anyway I finally found a great dealer...
two hours away..
ordered and got my SS..

But still I have problems..
If i need service or have ?'s
She doesnt always get back to me...and she is 2hrs away!!!

you would think any dealer in the area would be willing to accomidate me.. not the case
AT ALL!!

I still get laughed @ until they see my car in the lot.
and even then.. some are still no help..

I went to a specific dealer 5 miles from my house.. multiple times
with ?'s about the oil change... and service help kind of thing..
every time has blown me off..

this is an actual letter i wrote them when i got home cuz I was soo pissed off lol

Dear XXXXXXX Chevrolet,

I hope that this email may find its way to Mr. Bigelow. He is certainly busy but being a respectable business man, I wish he could spare the time... so that I may share my experiences Ive had visiting his dealership. I have visited several times and found most of the car salesmen very helpful and polite. However I have also had many negative experiences, which is why I chose to send this email. Most of these bad experiences have been with the customer service. With their service I find it ironic that they could call themselves that. Any time I have delt with them, they have been nothing but rude... and for lack of a better term assholes. Yes I do have a Chevy, in addition to three other personal vehicles... despite your dealer being the closest to my residence... none were purchased there. For that reason. I just feel that since your business does revolve around customer service maybe something may be done to resolve and correct just that, the customer service.

Thank you for your time.

and if there are any dealers in the area reading this
that actually give a F#@$#@ about their customers
PM me please...
btw Serp of Tallamage seems cool, i have spoke with Nick.
Only good dealer in Ohio?

For the local dealers I am also in need of an estimate...

install for the following parts.. already painted just need install.

1) pass. side rocker
2) front GM ground effects
3) Molded Splash Guards
4) heritage grille

THANKS!!
I'm assuming your writing a letter to complain about the bad service and you were treated without respect? Excuse me but I could not figure out what you were bitching about specifically?
If I were the dealer my first reaction is call 911 their good at reading peoples minds.
With all do respect a letter needs a beginning a middle and an end. If you feel you were not treated good or blown off explain why you feel that way and ask for an explanation.
If the dealer doesn't know why his service is bad how is he going to fix it?
However I do recognize that salesmen tend to size people up before giving them any time. They are opportunists and motivated to sell.
Service people on the other-hand avoid confrontation.

If you ask questions and they blow you off call them out. Remind them what their there for. It's easier if you have a few years experience at it.
I don't let anyone treat me with disrespect and get away with it.

When I ordered my camaro I new exactly what I was getting and what price. The salesmen updated the progress thee times, He estimated when it was going to be built, he notified me when it went to assembly when it shipped and the day it would arrive.
The day I picked it up it was topped off with high test,
all the paper work was in order and he spent about an hour going over all the details of features. He even had a guy come out and paired my phone and my wifes phone to bluetooth with onstar.

I have always had good service from GM car dealers.
and they stand behind their work.
maybe I'm just lucky

A dealer that treats their customers like crap will not get any repeat service and believe me they are aware of that. If you were jerked off letum have it.
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #33
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99 View Post
If the dealer doesn't know why his service is bad how is he going to fix it?
However I do recognize that salesmen tend to size people up before giving them any time.
If you ask questions and they blow you off call them out. Remind them what their there for.

I have always had good service from GM car dealers.
and they stand behind their work.
maybe I'm just lucky.
Well he does know what i am complaining about... his service period.

It was not the sales ppl i had a problem with as i stated in the email but the customer service/ service dept and personel.

The most recent visit i had a "?" about getting the turn signal bulbs out...
so I waited @ the counter while the three ppl behind it got done talking amongst another and politely asked if they could direct me to some assistance... the man said "no- im just the manager" "im not touching your car"... starts laughing "you wouldnt want me to touch your car" and so on... he was just a dick. Along with all the other service ppl in the office.
My Gf was with me... before i could even say a word to her she turns to me "what a d-bag"... so its not just me...

I asked another dealer about the seats...and the fact i have a new camaro- low miles and the leather is bunched, loose... etc. @ the auto show i met al, the chief engineer he agreed that the seats leather should not have done that and advised me to visit a dealer. That day i do... explain the problem to them that al said it should be covered by warranty... instantly they just all laugh and say he must know something we dont... you can bring it in but we arent replacing your seat....

really?

You are lucky.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #34
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
HA How many dealerships have you been booted out of I look forward to people like you makes my job worth going to each day. Pushing people around just makes each visit harder If your human and are reasonable thats when your experience works to your benefit at least at the service department I work at. __________________
You get what you give man. They can kick me out all day long because if they dont want my money, I could care less. If I'm not happy, you're doing something wrong. I'm very reasonable, but you guys all have your ways of making money. I loved my Chevy salesman. Nice guy, not pushy, worked with me, and was very polite and helpful. Every car salesman I've ever talked to hasn't a clue about the car they're selling me which is annoying. You your only job is to sell a car, at least know basic information about it.

I originally was interested in the challenger srt8s. Those guys were absurd though. They didn't even know what a hemi was and thought that I would pay 47k out the door for a new 2009 when our local car max dealer was selling 2010s for 43k. Not to mention the lowest car note they gave me was $899 a month even though I had a loan prior to going to the dealer! That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Why "work the numbers" when I already know how much I'm going to pay a month. In the end, Chevy got my money, because I fell in love with the camaro thankfully. Not all you car sales man are **** tards, just most of you!
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #35
techsupport

Drives: 1ss, heritage grille cfh perf. mods
Ive been with my dealership for a little over ten years now. i was 20 when i started. some customers didnt want me working on their vehicles. now they ask for me by name. If anyone has any problem getting info from their dealer on anything just ask and ill try and help if i can. I work in the servise dept and i get what the other techs consider the problem vehicles( vehicles with anything other than factory equipped options). We have no problem dealing with anyone around and our sales team is second to none. If you are in the north alabama area we would be willing to help with anything we can. Just ask for Adam everyone knows me no matter who in the dealership picks up.

Have faith guys there are still a few good gm guys out there, just sucks that the bad seem to outway the rest of us
Old 03-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #36
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by techsupport View Post
Ive been with my dealership for a little over ten years now. i was 20 when i started. some customers didnt want me working on their vehicles. now they ask for me by name. If anyone has any problem getting info from their dealer on anything just ask and ill try and help if i can. I work in the servise dept and i get what the other techs consider the problem vehicles( vehicles with anything other than factory equipped options). We have no problem dealing with anyone around and our sales team is second to none. If you are in the north alabama area we would be willing to help with anything we can. Just ask for Adam everyone knows me no matter who in the dealership picks up.

Have faith guys there are still a few good gm guys out there, just sucks that the bad seem to outway the rest of us
need more dealers like you
Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Yes, indeed, all dealers are jerks, and uncaring morons.

Off with their heads. Put 'em outta business. Send meaningless incoherent notes to manifest your anger. Bury them with emails of no value.

Good, Lord, we know there are some who may fit that description out there. But, to paint every dealer in that light is silly and irresponsible. There are lot of good Dealer People on C5. They represent the best in the enthusiast community from a sales standpoint (and I suspect from a pure Camaro standpoint also.)

Like I have siad on here many times, I did a lot of research on local dealers. I based my final selection on many factors.

Some of which are:

1. Not out to screw the customer for a quick profit.
2 Caring sales people who were willing to work with me.
3. Local Reputation
4. Good Quality service
Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #38
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I don't think it's necessaraly your age. I'm at the other end, a senior, and I had to go to 5 dealers here in Ct to order my summit white Camaro last May and June. They either acted like they could care less, or they knew very little about the new Camaro. I tell everyone some salesmen have no interest in their product. They would be just as happy selling TV's or referigerators.
I finally found a dealer that had a true interest in the new Camaro, plus wanted my business. They have also been great so far with service.
Dealers are like people, Their all different.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I have had very positive experiences with all of the dealers in the area, even at my age....and I have visted them all. Then again, I'm a relatively easy-going guy.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #40
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Coming on an enthusiast website to say all salesman are horrible won't do anything for you. The horrible salesman are not here to read your complaints. Young or old It would help if you have manners and show people the respect they deserve as a human being. Being pushy and calling people names doesn't work. You get a reputation and the experienced salesman avoid you and you end up with new guys who may not know the product.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #41
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
My dealer was cool, he took care of me. i'm 21 too then again i'm in military and i'm in a military supported town so.
spoone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
My dealer was cool, he took care of me. i'm 21 too then again i'm in military and i'm in a military supported town so.
and...Thank you for your service to our country !
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote