Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #43
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i new the 5.0L would win. wow is it just me or does stock setup sound bad on both cars lol
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #44
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
and they are both faster than you can legally drive anywhere but a race track. and who needs a convertable for that?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #45
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannaro View Post
In 2010 it was the exact opposite, and I'm sure many of you are aware of it. They tested the 2010 SS and 2010 GT and gave the victory to the Camaro. Then, later they compared the Camaro to the 2010 GT500 and ragged on the GT500 for saying it shouldn't be compared to the Camaro SS anyways because of the price tag being a lot more. In 2010 they made it aware that they felt the Camaro was much better.

Now that the tables turned, you guys are complaining. There is no bias, just reviewers giving you their take on the 2 cars. Most magazines have been on par with giving the victory to the 2011 5.0, at least in coupe form. I'm sure once the other magazines post their reviews, they will be similar. The 5.0 simply outperforms the current SS. At 400lbs lighter it shouldn't be that hard to believe.
Go back and listen to the first 30 seconds of the MT video review of the 2010 SS vs GT500..... The proof is there that they will do anything to make the Ford & the fanboys stick their chest out. It says "The Ford boys complained about a 426 hp Camaro vs a 315 hp Mustang.... so now that the 2010 GT500 is availabe.... We can compare them".

What kinda review is that?.... Supercharger, lighter, better handling, vs a Naturally aspirated pushrod V8, standard suspension, heavier.... and whats sad.... the Camaro pulled it through the 1/8th and the GT500 passed it at the end to only beat it by 29' and 1/10th..... I can't wait for the Z28 or HP edition to come out and MT will come up with some bullshit as why it can't be compared to the GT500.... so they'll compare it to the Super Snake....
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
so they'll compare it to the Super Snake....
Luckily that car doesn't know what the word "traction" means...so I'd be okay with that comparison.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #47
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I don't really buy it when people say Motortrend is a ford only Mag. They've been picking chevy's all year long as there best cars and trucks. I just don't put much stock into what anyone says about a car until I have a chance to find out for myself. For you folks saying that motortrend sucks and doesn't know what they're talking about, I would say to you then, does that mean they are wrong about the chevy truck and the chevy volt too.
You can't have it both ways.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #48
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't really buy it when people say Motortrend is a ford only Mag. They've been picking chevy's all year long as there best cars and trucks. I just don't put much stock into what anyone says about a car until I have a chance to find out for myself. For you folks saying that motortrend sucks and doesn't know what they're talking about, I would say to you then, does that mean they are wrong about the chevy truck and the chevy volt too.
You can't have it both ways.
Of course you can. The Vehicle of the Year is chosen by a panel of individuals largely constrained to a set of objective, quantifiable parameters about the car. These "reviews" are a couple of guys having fun and spouting pure opinion with a little data logging splashed in there for an entertaining read.

It's almost....like C-Span vs The Daily Show.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #49
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
Terrible review, they already had their minds made up before they started either car up for the first time. With saying things like, "No amount of logical, well-reasoned analysis will change any fanboy's mind." and "While we prefer the convertible to coupe, the Camaro is just too flawed to challenge the Mustang's American performance hegemony." It is obvious they gave the Mustang a free ride.

Before I ever set foot into a Camaro my father was driving a 2011 Mustang GT Vert and I borrowed it for a week. Yes, I was impressed, but thats comparing it to a 4 door '92 Saturn I had been driving for 4 years. As soon as he returned the car we both went and test drove a 2SS/RS and both of us felt it blew the Mustang out of the water.

I guess if you want an ugly car that got a great review from MT then the Mustang Vert would be a great choice.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #50
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wait the Daily show isn't a legitimate news source? Better go tell my old Professors in California.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #51
motorhead

Quote:
Of course you can. The Vehicle of the year is chosen by a panel of individuals largely constrained to a set of objective, quantifiable parameters about the car. These "reviews" is pure opinion with a little data logging splashed in there for an entertaining read.

There's one flaw in your comparison here. That panel is still ultimately using there opinions to come to the final pick with a few more facts thrown in.

Either way like I said before, anybody that takes these mags by heart and believes everything they say is setting themselves up for missing out on some great cars. I like the camaro for my own reasons ,and motortrend isn't going to change any of them.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
There's one flaw in your comparison here. That panel is still ultimately using there opinions to come to the final pick with a few more facts thrown in.

Either way like I said before, anybody that takes these mags by heart and believes everything they say is setting themselves up for missing out on some great cars. I like the camaro for my own reasons ,and motortrend isn't going to change any of them.
True, yet being that the panel is made up of around 50 people...extremely bias opinions (like those found in this most recent "review") are balanced by others. And I agree with your last point.

For the record -- I don't think the publication itself is biased one way or the other...just the writers that do these commentaries. Everyone has a bias...it's not a bad thing. These guys just get to put it direct to 'print'.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #53
motorhead

Quote:
True, yet being that the panel is made up of around 50 people...extremely bias opinions (like those found in this most recent "review") are balanced by others. And I agree with your last point.

For the record -- I don't think the publication itself is biased one way or the other...just the writers that do these commentaries. Everyone has a bias...it's not a bad thing. These guys just get to put it direct to 'print'.
This part is so true. That's why it's best to form your own opinion.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #54
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66olds442 View Post
I guess if you want an ugly car that got a great review from MT then the Mustang Vert would be a great choice.
While I agree with everything else you said, honestly, calling the Mustang pictured in that review ugly is just wrong. That is a purely American Muscle car if I have ever seen one. Would I buy one? No. Mustang would be my third choice of the muscle cars behind Camaro and Challenger respectively...

Opinions are just that - an opinion. MT has an opinion that we don't like right now. Do I feel the statements that the Camaro cannot compete are flawed when the much heavier Camaro was within 10ths to the lighter Mustang? Yeah. That showed Bias to me that was far beyond complaining about an uncomfortable steering wheel and shifter knob. But take the article for what it is - their opinion - and move on.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #55
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
The guy driving the stang just had a better launch, the camaro driver seemed like he ***** footed it off the line. That seems to be the case when these mags make the 5.0 vs SS test lately, it seems to me they just want the mustange to win
Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #56
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
calling the Mustang pictured in that review ugly is just wrong. ...
Opinions are just that - an opinion.
And in my opinion the Mustang is just flat out ugly. While I think the 2011 CTS-V is very unattractive in the rear, it is a MUCH better looking car overall than the Mustang.