Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #155
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Since everyone is being extremely childish and loud about the fact they aren't going, I'm going to go ahead and post that I will be attending. As well as a majority of our club. Indy was a blast this year, and will be even better next year.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #156
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Sounds awesome! Im gonna try and do the long haul. if not we will all be stopping in memphis and partying.
We'll hook up with you on the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I may have to eat some previous words.

Oh well.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #157
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Since everyone is being extremely childish and loud about the fact they aren't going, I'm going to go ahead and post that I will be attending. As well as a majority of our club. Indy was a blast this year, and will be even better next year.
We'll have parking spots warmed and waiting for all of you at the hotel (which has not been announced yet...!....)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #158
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Lame.....
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #159
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
I was thinking the same thing!
Absolutely nothing wrong with Tulsa.....

As for me, I've never been to Camaro5Fest, I may consider it if I can get a few more Camaros to go along..
Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #160
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
I may just fly in, bring my video cameras...and make a kick ass C5 film, since the 2012 video side of things was nothin to write home about.
gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #161
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
Why all the complaining? O.o They are trying to find ways to make the fest better guys. And thats hard to do when you are constantly changing venues every year. I know driving the long distance is a pain. My husband has been army for almost 12 years so I know all about driving across the country. But can't we just be thankful for having the opportunity to get together and the hard working people behind the scenes that are making it happen no matter where its located.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #162
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Texas and Cali have the most Camaros. Put it somewhere around there and you'd probably get much more attendees. I'd drive to Texas, thats as far as I'll go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyWife View Post
Agreed. Didn't say a word when Indy was announced for 2012. I attended C5 Fest II in Arizona, and hoped that 2013 would move south or west again to be able to attend. It was only fair that others had the opportunity to experience the fun, but disappointment doesn't even begin to cover how I feel now.:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
It should have been in Texas....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
EXACTLY THIS.

Those that would appreciate it the most, Probably won't be able to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
What I said in the OP rings true as anything:

We KNOW that there are high expectations for the Fest. And we're quite proud of that interest. So consider this a "restart"...we've given ourselves an advantage by returning to familiar territory. This allows us to capitalize on the many things that went very well....and then focus on improving the things that, well, could use improvement.

The Camaro5 Fest is not, and as far into the future as I can see...will not become a one-location event like the many that already exist. But this year was a little different, and after giving it MUCH thought (I cannot begin to describe how much we stressed over this ), we made a calculated move to return to Lucas Oil - which, I might add, is a great facility that is phenomenal to work with.

I know that there are people who don't wish to make the drive, or have some other obstacle in the way of coming. As there are for every Fest. I truly feel sorry you cannot make it. It is my wish that the entire country was the size of Rhode Island, and everyone can attend who wants to. Sadly, our great nation is truly great in size...We can only pick one spot at a time, which means not everybody will be pleased.

I expect that those who join us for a second time will notice the improvement...and will understand. And I hope those who attend for the very first time get blown away. At all times was the decision hinged upon the experience we can provide for attendees. In short, I ask the critics to trust this was the right decision given our options. Fest 2013 is going to be simply awesome!
Time will tell and hopefully, It'll be a blast........but from preliminary speculation, social media blowing up over it, and most every hard core Camaro5er that I know asking me Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, I'm at a loss for saying it's an awesome move.

You got a lot of time, so just plan it out right and maybe folks would be willing to trek it out the next time they don't get to hear those words that it's gonna be close for em.

Let's roll...
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #163
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Well, that means I can't go once again. Very disappointed that it's not closer to Texas. Guess that means I'll just have to make do with the local 5th gen meets.

Hopefully next time, the organizers will actually listen to people here and have it in a more central location.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #164
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #165
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Y'all think different than we do up here. I'm disappointed it is in Indy again but only because we were looking forward to another road trip. First year we drove to Georgia via the Blue Ridge Parkway (3400m), we drove to Phoenix via Texas, NM, California, NV, UT, etc (8000m), and last year we drove to Indy (only 1300m). We are in it for the joy of the road trip and the time spent with great friends. We have no expectation that it will ever be anywhere near the Great White North nor are we going to complain that it isn't.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #166
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Might not be bad to go to my first Camaro5 Fest AAA.com said it should cost me $439.42 to do a round trip. I might have to save an extra 600bucks and try to go with some of the locals from the CO Camaro5 club!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #167
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
if it was set to happen on the West , the eastern group would've said out loud they aren't coming
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #168
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Soooooo did that change your mind.

This is so true... Let the CamaroVan threads begin.

Becky I can't wait to see you plow some more cones...
Yeah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
Y'all think different than we do up here. I'm disappointed it is in Indy again but only because we were looking forward to another road trip. First year we drove to Georgia via the Blue Ridge Parkway (3400m), we drove to Phoenix via Texas, NM, California, NV, UT, etc (8000m), and last year we drove to Indy (only 1300m). We are in it for the joy of the road trip and the time spent with great friends. We have no expectation that it will ever be anywhere near the Great White North nor are we going to complain that it isn't.
That's my boy Dave !!! Woot !
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote