Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #57
fsuredneck

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang
I would take the CTS-V. I test drove both at a car show, the Camaro first. To be honest, once I had finished the test run in the CTS-V, I kinda forgot about the Camaro. I went to the show just to drive the maro but that CTS was just plain impressive. I definitely felt the extra HP, and the luxury interior was gorgeous.
fsuredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #58
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
The V is gonna have alot more Power. I've driven my sisters and Oh OOHHHHH Oh god its powerful and smooth.

But

Anyone thats not you or me or car knowing people wont know what a CTSv is. To them its another Cadillac. But when they see Camaro . . . Thats a whole diff story. Its a HUGE head turner, and for the difference of the price you can make it close to the same power. Yeah you wont have the same luxory, and NO one is sitting in the back without you scooting up, but hey, its not what its for.

In my opinion, Camaro. Maybe its because Im in love with mine but whatever.
I really wouldnt care to drive the V over my SS.

Or you can just wait for the Z28!!! If there is one :(
CaliEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #59
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Thanks everyone for the great input. I decided to go the "sensible" route and just ordered a CGM 2SS/RS M6 w/IO interior. I'll enjoy the hell out of this car until I'm ready to make the leap to the Caddy. Hope to join you all as owners in about...oh...8-10 weeks.
Congrats! Either way it would've been a great choice! You can always slap a supercharger on the LS3 and get near or better accelleration than the V, for only 7 or 8k. Don't loose sight of the V though, maybe it'l be your next toy! Welcome to the family
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #60
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
CTS-V is in a different stratosphere. You know the saying, the Camaro is a poor man's Vette. I'd say the same about the CTS-V. If you can afford it, no contest. The CTS-V does everything the Camaro does, except better.... and it should for the price.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #61
Cacadeech

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS
CTS-V eats the Camaro's lunch all day long (FACT). The Camaro looks better(Opinion). The CTS_V costs more in everyway, initial cost and maintenance(FACT).
Cacadeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #62
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
CTS-V is in a different stratosphere. You know the saying, the Camaro is a poor man's Vette. I'd say the same about the CTS-V. If you can afford it, no contest. The CTS-V does everything the Camaro does, except better.... and it should for the price.
Doesn't get better mileage....HA! (j.k.)
Old 02-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #63
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post

Ok all, I've been researching what I want in a Camaro and had my heart set on a CGM 2SS RS MT, even went and drove it to be sure and fell in love (I have a 14 yr-old Silverado PU which has been my DD since new and an '03 HD for fun)...then somehow the discussion with the wife turned to the CTS-V...a pipe dream, or so I thought (given the price diff...we are not independently wealthy, but I have a steady income with no bills to speak of)...my unicorn...and she asked to see it, so I obliged using the power of the internet. Now she loves the CTS-V too. We haven't gone to look at one in the flesh yet and please entertain me...this is all a fun discussion about great cars and "what if"...but if you had your choice, what would you choose?

2SS RS with the hopes of hot rodding it a bit to remain a fun and hot-looking DD or CTS-V and go ZR-1 drivetrain w/caddy comfort (along with worse mileage and almost 2X the cost) right off the bat and get the nickel and diming over with?

I know they are 2 very different cars and everyone has their own tastes, just looking for the general consensus from the C5 crew. Thanks in advance for your candid feedback.

P.S. A Vette, although a fantastic car, at this time wouldn't be a good fit for me...need at least some storage and seating. Just in the market for a great, fun-to-drive performance car with good value and halfway decent utility.
WAIT!.....

FOR THE Z28!!!! Its suppose to have the CTS-V's LSA and it has the camaro's light weight vs the CTS-V
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #64
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
I ordered a Camaro. Thanks though for the continued support...love this forum. Saving the Caddy for old age, when I can spend my kids inheritance on what ever guilty pleasure they are offering then.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #65
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
I was in a new CTS-V and I have to say I like how the camaro feels! I felt like I was in more of a real muscle car, even though I know the CTS will out perform the camaro, I would still buy the camaro. Big cam and big exhaust, with the looks of the new SS by far is top dog in my book. I am muscle car guy to hart and the S5 I would NEVER consider. Thats my o2.
Bad70supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #66
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
I looked at both the Camaro and CTS-V and was in the market for both. I personally liked the Camaro much more based on the appearance. I could have waited for the CTS-V coupe but in reality you will never make that extra weight gain back. It is much easier to add HP vs. taking weight off a car. Who wants to strip a Caddy down?

This very reason is what is driving the Z28 interest. LSA drivetrain in a less feature rich/lighter car.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #67
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I looked at both the Camaro and CTS-V and was in the market for both. I personally liked the Camaro much more based on the appearance. I could have waited for the CTS-V coupe but in reality you will never make that extra weight gain back. It is much easier to add HP vs. taking weight off a car. Who wants to strip a Caddy down?

This very reason is what is driving the Z28 interest. LSA drivetrain in a less feature rich/lighter car.
CTS-V weighs in at 4222 according to Edmunds, who has Camaro at 3860. Z/28 will come in at or above 4000. CTS-V coupe won't weigh significantly less than the sedan - it'll be within 50lb one way or the other (yea, it COULD weigh more!).

I prefer CTS-V for myself, but not $30k worth of preference. For that, I can keep a spare 1SS on the side! :-)
1988 Mustang GT - gone
1970 Comet w/427BBC drag car - gone
1985 Nissan Pulsar - gone
Wagon/Sedans/Yuk - gone
1970 Nova w/350 - gone
1970 Camaro w/350 - gone
1970 Chevelle w/350 - gone
1966 Chevy II SS 327 - gone
1968 Camaro w/327 - gone
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #68
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
It isn't $30K difference.

I paid $35K for my 2SS, and my CTS-V was $53K with the rebates GM offered. $18K difference here. GM was recently selling remaining 2009 CTS-V's for about $10-11K off MSRP. That pushed me over the fence

Tony
Old 02-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #69
BossOfBosses

Drives: 2010 2ss SC'D w/ LTH+Corsa
Man, cts-v interior is hotness

BossOfBosses is offline   Reply With Quote