Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #43
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Glad you're still out there. You do know that with a few$$$ you can turn that interior into anything you want. Hell, I'll get you some fuzzy dice if need be.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking WOW THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WELCOMING ME BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I was thinking the same thing - you can get that woodgrain look with hydrodipped parts, I retro'd my interior with a 70s era Camaro badge on the dash, and we bring our own spirit to it. Personally I thought how great the new interior is because me, I just hated all that cheezy vinyl and fake wood even back then. I guess that happens when daddy drove a caddy lol.
Nice to see you back, Rockstar. C5 hasn't been the same without your rants.
Thanks so much HAHA but I do not think I can "FIX" the geometry of the interior LOL! No plastidip will make her my 1968!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Dont sell it!! Maybe look into mods to change the look. There are a lot of options out there. And I have a photo album on here that have pics of me in a bikini, go check it out if u wanna c pics of chicks in bikinis next to camaros, lol!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE GIRLS IN BIKINIS! WHOOHOOOOO!! ! ! ! !! THANK YOU SO MUCH HOTTIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Bluegrass FTW - from a former full-time picker

Welcome back
Thank you man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
There he is!

Glad to have ya back around the way Rockstar!!! While I can't relate to your car dilemma, I certainly can appreciate somoene liking things made "the old fashioned way."

Whichever you decide to do, hope ya stick around man!
Thank you very much Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
welcome back man.. Its been to long. Several of us have been wondering about you. Glad to see that everything is ok. I would hate to see you sell or trade your car. But you have to do what makes you happy. So with that said, welcome back and the beer is on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Z28RockStar - dude I was wondering what happened to you!? Welcome Back!

Keep the 5th gen as a daily driver with all the modern comforts and save up for a 1st gen for nights and weekends! Problem solved
Ehh, to be honest sir I don't have the money and or room for that many toys. In addition I am medically retired vet and don't ever hardly drive! I barely have 4K miles on my car LOL! I enjoy looking at the outside a lot! I would like to enjoy the enterior as much as well. I think I know what I have to do! Thanks for welcoming me back man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBear@SpartaChevy View Post
Glad to see you back!!

Do what makes you happy. In the end, that's all we have.
Thank you hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwhiteman View Post
Your 27? I'm 25, and I don't think we are old enough to feel nostalgic about 1st gens. Maybe 3rd gens, but that would be pushing it haha. All that aside, I love 1st gens. Hopefully Ill be able to afford them both someday, because I for one am not giving up my 5th gen!
HAHA I said I "LOOK" younger than I am and that I act and live "LIKE" I'm 27! Up close I can barely pass for 29 HAHAHAHA! I was being pedantic and obscure on purpose LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
Welcome back
TYVM! ! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
I'm the same age as you man. We are not old enough to feel like this. I love 1st gens but I would never own one. I enjoy modern aesthetics in my ride and would hate to look at all the prehistoric gauges and knobs inside of a 60s car. That's just weird. Do what makes you happy.
HAHA I said I "LOOK" younger than I am and that I act and live "LIKE" I'm 27! Up close I can barely pass for 29 HAHAHAHA! I was being pedantic and obscure on purpose LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
It's good to see you post up man! We were all getting worried for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Good to see you back, Z!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post

I'm older than both you cats and I'm puzzled also. 11 years ago isn't that long ago and if u were 16 then, where does the nastalgia for a 1st gen come from?
I love the exterior look of classic cars, but pretty much everything else about them makes me want to barf.

If you want to live in the past though, there certainly isnt anything wrong with that. Go get a 1st gen and live it up!!
HAHA I said I "LOOK" younger than I am and that I act and live "LIKE" I'm 27! Up close I can barely pass for 29 HAHAHAHA! I was being pedantic and obscure on purpose LOL! hehehe this is lke the third repost of this lil explanation loool! AND thank you for your sentiments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Welcome back, Bro!

Just for you, I've been using Firefox a lot recently...

Steve you sir are a class act! A stand up fellow, all around good guy! U POST EPIC!

Thank you all again! I still have her but barely 4K miles on her >.< I may try and work it out with her but I think it's more than just the appearance of the interior, I think it's the whole geometry. Nothing I do will make me "feel" like my 1968 Z28 when I sit in her! I know. . . It's sad. I'd rather just look at her and drive my truck or ride my Harley than drive her. She's to nice to just sit there and be oogled by some beer drinkin biker HAHA! Just can't shake that spaceship feel when I get in her. I know I would drive a first gen more. I really don't NEED a car, certainly not two lol. It's really not fair or economical for me to keep her around just to stare at! That's what my wife is for HAHAHA! I loved reading all the posts of everyones well wishes and welcome backs! Nice to see you all again!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
You need to go back and read your thread from the day you test drove your car... you'll never sell it then...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #46
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Try for a custom interior, I think you'll be happy then! And unique!!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #47
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
If I were you I'd trade it for a 70 or 71 with the split bumper, It has always been my favorite.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
Okay here it is from my viewpoint..I have a 66 Chevelle as well as my Camaro. I love the Chevelle and would never sell it BUT!!!...to drive it for any length of time does not thrill me. It is fun and I get lots of thumbs up but the rumble for hours on end and the fear of bad weather will keep her in the garage for anything but the big shows or the best weather... The practicality of the car is a major factor.. Our new Camaros have all types of rust resistance and if maintained properly will look the same 10 years from now. Old cars on the other hand begin to rot from the day they are built.. Much extra care has to be taken to keep it from being a rust bucket in 5 yrs. One of which is to avoid bad weather of any kind.. Nostalgia only goes so far when you constantly worrying about your prize ride Weather break downs (they are old cars) door dings stone chips other drivers are all factors.. If someone too busy texting takes out your new Camaro that is bad but very easily replaceable with one exactly like you had.. An old Camaro on the other hand is a completely different story... If it were me I would double the cool factor by pinching my pennies and keep the new one and buy an old one for special occasion driving... That is why I bought the new one while keeping the Chevelle..

just my thoughts..
Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #49
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Well, if it makes you feel more comfortable we can take out the CD/MP3/USB/AM/FM/Bluetooth/OnStar digital stereo system and replace it with a vintage Delco AM-only transistor radio with one speaker in the dashboard.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #50
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigg View Post
Okay here it is from my viewpoint..I have a 66 Chevelle as well as my Camaro. I love the Chevelle and would never sell it BUT!!!...to drive it for any length of time does not thrill me. It is fun and I get lots of thumbs up but the rumble for hours on end and the fear of bad weather will keep her in the garage for anything but the big shows or the best weather... The practicality of the car is a major factor.. Our new Camaros have all types of rust resistance and if maintained properly will look the same 10 years from now. Old cars on the other hand begin to rot from the day they are built.. Much extra care has to be taken to keep it from being a rust bucket in 5 yrs. One of which is to avoid bad weather of any kind.. Nostalgia only goes so far when you constantly worrying about your prize ride Weather break downs (they are old cars) door dings stone chips other drivers are all factors.. If someone too busy texting takes out your new Camaro that is bad but very easily repwelllaceable with one exactly like you had.. An old Camaro on the other hand is a completely different story... If it were me I would double the cool factor by pinching my pennies and keep the new one and buy an old one for special occasion driving... That is why I bought the new one while keeping the Chevelle..

just my thoughts..
well said...my thoughts exactly!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #51
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Thank you all again! I still have her but barely 4K miles on her >.< I may try and work it out with her but I think it's more than just the appearance of the interior, I think it's the whole geometry. Nothing I do will make me "feel" like my 1968 Z28 when I sit in her! I know. . . It's sad. I'd rather just look at her and drive my truck or ride my Harley than drive her. She's to nice to just sit there and be oogled by some beer drinkin biker HAHA! Just can't shake that spaceship feel when I get in her. I know I would drive a first gen more. I really don't NEED a car, certainly not two lol. It's really not fair or economical for me to keep her around just to stare at! That's what my wife is for HAHAHA! I loved reading all the posts of everyones well wishes and welcome backs! Nice to see you all again!

I don't feel that way at all. I LOVE the looks of the Camaro, but I like driving it even more. I always have that "I can't believe this is really my car!" feeling when I drive it.

I got my Camaro because I always loved the looks of the 1st gens. I have seen nothing that has come close to that look until the 5th gens came out. A new car is easier to mod because it's easier to find parts for.

Think about this before you sell it... are you one of those for whom the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence?... You were soooo insanely happy with it when you got it. Modding it brings back that "it's a whole new car again" feeling. I'd just hate to see you sell it and then wish you hadn't.

Good luck with your decision!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #52
Broffermoon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
I'm flatted guys! YES I MISS CHIX IN BIKINIS! Yes I did go and play some bluegrass in east Texas and Louisiana! (my home state) I have been out of Texas traveling for several months. I am a little depressed about my car. I do have an issue with it. At this point I haven't made up my mind if I love it enough to keep it.

This is the issue, I look younger that I am, I am old enough to appreciate nostalgia, that's what inspired me about the 5th gen. I stand by my car and I feel sixteen again.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE THE WAY IT DRIVES AND HANDLES TOO! SHE'S A BEAST!

However it took me almost three months for it to dawn on me. The interior isn't retro enough for me. I miss my vinyl, wood and leather interior. I'm 16 when I stand on the outside of it, then I get in the "Starship Enterprise" interior and I feel OLD. I constantly feel, act, love and enjoy life like I am 27 al the time but the nostalgia is why I bought the car. I like feeling young! the digital plastic futuristic spaceship interior is just not for me especially when it makes me feel old lol! The interior is NOTHING like my 1968 Z28 I had as a kid.

I am considering selling or trading for a 1st gen. I haven't made up my mind, all I do know for now is that I love how rude fast awesome turning on rails she is, but it's not enough I'm afraid. She doesn't do that "ONE" thing for me, kind of like a wife lol, sometimes people have wives that would do anything. . . just NOT THAT LOL. When I sit in my buddies 1967 Camaro. . . . I FEEL YOUNG! I love that nostalgia SO much. Possibly due to my permanent short term memory loss from brain trauma in a war, I like to be reminded of things I know. I know the interior of my car doesn't remind me of anything but science fiction lol. I don't hate my car, I am actually still torn on a descision, she is an awesome car. Though I have been mulling it over for a while. Probably will take me some more time.

Thank you all for your conscern and friendship! I've recently returned to my home in Texas and hope to be on getting ban hammered more often! GIRLS! ROCK AND ROLL! MILLER LITE! CHEVROLET CAMARO! <3
Hey, make a mental adjustment. You are who you are, a car does not make you or break you. Advancements in power, suspension, brakes and comfort in the ****pit you will miss if you go back to the '68. I am really old, like Medicare old, but I still enjoy my Camaro for what it is. Yeh, I was alive before Rock and Roll was a concept. I can still enjoy my 2010 SS/RS.
Life can be enjoyable at any age...

Last edited by Broffermoon; 02-11-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
Broffermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #53
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Hey wow good to see you on here again. I was thinking about posting a, where did i go topic, and mine was gonna read about you lol
So i am here in Michigan wondering where is tht dude who love's puppie's
Glad to hear you're still around in some capacity. At first i was reluctanat to ask, thinking maybe... but boom there you are lol contemplating your fit in a new Camaro. Dude whatever you choose, choose what feels best to you. You want the most in life right? We all do so go out and get it.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #54
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
Glad 2 see you back Z!

To be very honest with you I'd have to say if you truly feel that way, GET YOURSELF A 1ST GEN BROTHER Life is to short and you should go for whatever your heart desires. I was in a very similar position, wanting a 5th Gen when I recently test driven a Challenger R/T and knew that was the car for me. Ididnt want to have any regrets so i went ahead and got what I really wanted. I got bashed by a lot folks but the MY Happiness meant more than anyone else.

I say go for it and get that 16yr 0ld feeling you been wanting! With the price you paid for the 5th gen, you can get a killer looking 1st gen! Whatever you choose to do, make sure you stay here with us
Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #55
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
This is a post thread Feb!