Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #85
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
I have the same transmission in my car, without skip shift. I do believe I have had a grind a couple times locking me out. I kinda have to push more to the left and back hitting 2nd for it not to grind. Yes I know its odd, and sounds weird but I very rarely have grinds now hitting 2nd. If I go straight back it will grind more often at high rpms.
Also my car is notchy as hell, (my synchros might also be a little fd) not sure if this helps at all whatsoever.
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #86
Galaxy_Stranger

Drives: Black 2013 2SS LS3 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutSS View Post
This /\ My C6 vette and my SS had the same exact issues until I simply took a turkey baster and sucked out the brake/clutch fluid and refilled. It seems its a clutch problem not tranny/shifter problem. I wouldn't argue that it's possible a bad tranny slips through the cracks and gets out the door. I also tuned out the skip shift ..
Does this have anything to do with the clutch dust at high rpm shifts that the Corvette has/had? As I recall, the clutch dust was being sucked into the transmission and into the fluid, and the only fix I saw was checking the transmission fluid and replacing if dirty. (And not really a fix, in my opinion...)

I would be really disappointed if this were the same problem affecting the 1LE...
Galaxy_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #87
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
The skipshift eliminator is worth its weight in gold for a daily driver. I have a notchy 1-2 shift & trying to decide if I should take it to the dealer or just change the trans fluid myself w/ some RP.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #88
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
Guys I am sorry to start this thread, but I have to. I know this thread is out there on camaro5, mustang, etc. but I did not see it coming for the 1LE because the ZL1's dont seem to have this issue. This is an ongoing issue and in my opinion based on the amazing number of us struggling with this issue on all major supplier's. Ford, GM, Chrysler cars equipped with the TR6060 transmissions.

Please share if anyone is struggling or will be soon struggling with similar notching issues or grinding issues with 1>2 shifts and/or 2>3 shifts.

Background:
1) I have been driving manual cars for 10 plus years with no issues at all (mustang, GTI, etc.).
2) This is NOT and Nor does it have anything to do with the 1 to 4 skip shift that this car (or transmission) has. I have had it come on several times and no issues with that.

Problem:
My car is a 1ss 1le with 340 miles on it. It started from day one with 12 miles on it where it would will feel notchy from 1>2, 2>3 when shifting. This occurs every time to some degree from 1>2 and about 50% of the time from 2>3(with a hot engine and transmission it is slightly reduced).

Another BIG problem is when down shifting or up shifting from any gear to 2nd it physically will not go into 2nd. I can try to rev match with the clutch all the way in with no luck. Finally, at about 15 mph or so and about 15 lbs of forcing it back into 2nd it will clunk into gear with a notchy feeling

PLEASE ALL OF THE 1LE GUYS SHARE YOUR SHIFTER FEEL GOOD OR BAD SO I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE GETTING THE ONLY BAD 1LE TPW OF 10/15.

I am not complaining just trying to get feedback and will share my story as it progresses. Dealer apt. next Tuesday.
Complain to your dealer! My 2010 2SS had the exact same problem. I thought it was my driving skill for the first year and a half. Took it in to the dealer they dropped the tranny replaced a bunch of parts in gears 2-4. The tranny never shifted that good from new it was incredible. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it for more than 2 days but I'm sure the new owner did!
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #89
MotorCity

Drives: BRM 2SS/RS 1LE
just a theory... do you guys think because camaros have a shared clutch fluid and brake fluid reservoir, it may be causing the issue with the grinding gears? i may be totally wrong, let me know what you think.
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #90
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
I bought the $20 skip shift eliminator, and installed it immeadiately. No problems
All you need it so buy a smart fuse from an auto store ($1 ??), blow it, and replace manual transmission solenoid fuse (as shown in the fuse box inside the engine compartment) with it. The eliminator kits are not necessary.
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I don't have a 1LE, but I'll share anyway. I have an SS with the short throw option, bought used with 12k miles, which means that the car is broken in. This is my first car with a stick, and I haven't had any problems so far. The gearbox is very tight when the car is cold, and I've only ground the gears once on a 1st-2nd shift in 10 degree weather. The car shakes a bit during 1st-2nd shifts on a cold tranny, but once it warms up, the shifts are precise and quick. Good luck getting the car fixed!
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #92
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozer View Post
All you need it so buy a smart fuse from an auto store ($1 ??), blow it, and replace manual transmission solenoid fuse (as shown in the fuse box inside the engine compartment) with it. The eliminator kits are not necessary.
Whats this he says? Never heard this before.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #93
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
Interesting. This would be nice. Can anyone else vouch for the vailidity of this skip-shift elimination technique?
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #94
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDaddy View Post
Complain to your dealer! My 2010 2SS had the exact same problem. I thought it was my driving skill for the first year and a half. Took it in to the dealer they dropped the tranny replaced a bunch of parts in gears 2-4. The tranny never shifted that good from new it was incredible. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it for more than 2 days but I'm sure the new owner did!

Good luck...Worst part on the camera is the manual transmision. Mmy dealer did not do anything. 2nd and 3rd in hard shifting stink. If you dont delay slightly grinds all the time. From what I have read a redo on the syncro rings with heavier duty ones makes a big difference. I keep hoping GM will do something but I suspect I will have to fix it myself when I have to replace my clutch
Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #95
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
Interesting. This would be nice. Can anyone else vouch for the vailidity of this skip-shift elimination technique?
FYI, there are many threads about this on Corvette forums. I did use this blown smart fuse method on my '12 Corvette Grand Sport, and then later on '13 Corvette Z06, and it works just fine. Found one thread by searching:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-fuse-kit.html
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #96
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
FYI, there are many threads about this on Corvette forums. I did use this blown smart fuse method on my '12 Corvette Grand Sport, and then later on '13 Corvette Z06, and it works just fine. Found one thread by searching:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-fuse-kit.html
Thanks for the tip. Not sure if the Corvette community has the "hill start assist" on manual transmissions, but we 1LE owners would really appreciate an override remedy.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #97
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Is anybody aware if the C6 bypass fuse work with the 2013 SS? I have done some searching and dont see that an Camaro fuse is offered.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #98
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Is anybody aware if the C6 bypass fuse work with the 2013 SS? I have done some searching and dont see that an Camaro fuse is offered.
First I am hearing of it.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote