Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
CEL light flashing

I left home this morning and got about 2 miles down the road and all of a sudden the engine was hesitating big time and trying to stall. The CEL light came on and was flashing. Decided to turn around and go back home but before I got home the CEL light went back off and the car drove just fine. It has never given my any problems before so it just seemed odd to me? It is at my local shop to get checked out.
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Let us know if your issue was resolved. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Jeremeymt

The shop couldn't get a code to pull up ( prob because the light was only on for a few minutes and then went off). They said all seems fine and to go on as normal. Guess we will see if it does it again.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
SmokeJ

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to SmokeJ
Hey Jeremeymt,

can you please look into this thread and see if it sounds familiar to what you experienced?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221128

Because the very same thing happened to me this morning:

drove the car for about 5 - 10mins. and suddenly the engine runs rough like on only 4 cylinders plus CEL on and blinking...
then, 3mins. later the engine just turns back to 'normal' and the CEL turns off alltogether...

hopefully you don't have the same problem because this is something you and your dealership will enjoy trying to fix for a while... :(
GIGGITY!
SmokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Jeremeymt

It just happened again today. So it's been almost exactly a week since the first time. Here is the only thing that is similiar in both instances. Both times this has occurred within a mile of startup. In other words it has never happened while driving for a while. It only seems to happen right after I start the engine. Could this mean its a bad spark plug? It corrected itself again within a few miles of driving, but those few miles it runs real rough and hesitates upon acceleration and then will suddenly drive fine and CEL goes back off?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
This happend to me. I had onstar look into it while I was drving and they said is was a from a missfire. Try to get some some fresh 93 gas in her see how she does. The car can self adjust and somtime fix the conditions. Thart would exsplain why it on and off. But most likly due to some bad gas.
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Jeremeymt

Well I went ahead and got the plugs replaced since I am at 50k miles anyways. That was last wednesday. So far so good.