Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #7323
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
The interior is perfect for this car. I hope when they do a "refresh" they don't screw it up.
I love how the word "cheap" is thrown around. I don't even know what that means. The interior is clean and sleek. A few nice touches, but not overdone. Just how it should be for
a muscle car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #7324
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
You know what is funny? All this bickering about stock cars when in reality who is really stock? I guess it's just human nature to want to defend the car you love even though reality is a totally different story. You can pretty much do anything you need to be beat somebody else if you have the cash and then they can do the same to you.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #7325
Gunsmoke
wat?

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS RS
i have a good story too! i raced an 06' mustang gt with a tune, bolt ons, etc. in my 03' harley davidson sc truck, which dynoed 349rwhp 415ft.lbs stock. i had a cai, a ported eaton, everything else was stock, stock boost too. my truck weighed 5000lbs. with me in it, so someone please explain how this tank laid an ass whooping from start to top end over, and over, and over again? the mustang was a manual and no crappy driving, both of us good drivers. now, i'm having a SUPER hard time believing this 3Ver whooped on the new 302 & the 376 which are CLOSER in weight. that is a true story. no bs. i'm a car guy, love'em all, loved my fords too.

ps: there's no way that f150 would ever beat the camaro or 5.0 unless it was heavily modded.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #7326
Gunsmoke
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
ive "had it" for years now.

anytime i run a Camaro i always let them know that i "have it".

thus when they saw my tail lights then they "had it". of course this is fiction...theres NO WAY a Mustang can beat an F-body...regardless of the generation...right ULTRA?

you are the baddest hamster alive.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #7327
Gunsmoke
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
So what you're saying is on average it's reasonable to think that it would take the mustang 6.6 seconds to get from 110 to 130? That's DECENT for a 3v buddy. I didn't say the mustang didn't lose the test legitimately, I simply said we all know it's capable of faster. Do you disagree or not? If you don't, I don't know why you commented. If you want to keep thinking you're going to pull 10 cars on a 5.0 from 100 to 130, by all means go ahead. Don't be shocked when it's extremely close.

those ohc motors, especially the 4Ver have huge capabilities. i've had them all. loved them all. BUT, all my damn fords never performed like they should've for stock. you guys know damn well you need a blower to hang. (ie:gt500, terminator, saleen, roush) why do all the SERIOUS mustangs have blowers???
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #7328
Gunsmoke
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
You know what is funny? All this bickering about stock cars when in reality who is really stock? I guess it's just human nature to want to defend the car you love even though reality is a totally different story. You can pretty much do anything you need to be beat somebody else if you have the cash and then they can do the same to you.

all this bench racing IS lame. when the NEW & IMPROVED 5.0 (now with KUNG FU GRIP) hits the streets, they're gonna realized how fast this PIG of a camaro is.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #7329
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
those ohc motors, especially the 4Ver have huge capabilities. i've had them all. loved them all. BUT, all my damn fords never performed like they should've for stock. you guys know damn well you need a blower to hang. (ie:gt500, terminator, saleen, roush) why do all the SERIOUS mustangs have blowers???
the answer to that is simple...displacement. and more importantly, the shitty, puny bore. 3.5in bore sucks.

why does Chevy need a bigger motor to go faster? its the same principle.

however, (ill go ahead and swing on the nuts), as we have seen, Ford has answered the question for all those who wanted to go fast without the aid of a power adder with the new 5.0. and its still down on ci on the Chevy.

also, Fords like a good gear...4.10, 4.30, 4.56s....Fords always under-geared their cars from the factory.

edit: then again...EVERY car loves 4.10s...right
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #7330
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I expect to see less of these threads...it takes next to no time for everyone to get their panties in a twist over nothing and a cloud...bugs me to no end...
panties!!!!! you sorry ^%$$&* read the &^^*(%#
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #7331
Gunsmoke
wat?

Quote:
the answer to that is simple...displacement. and more importantly, the shitty, puny bore. 3.5in bore sucks.

why does Chevy need a bigger motor to go faster? its the same principle.

however, (ill go ahead and swing on the nuts), as we have seen, Ford has answered the question for all those who wanted to go fast without the aid of a power adder with the new 5.0. and its still down on ci on the Chevy.

also, Fords like a good gear...4.10, 4.30, 4.56s....Fords always under-geared their cars from the factory.

edit: then again...EVERY car loves 4.10s...right

it's true, i had 3:27's in my 98'. got 4:10s, and another 250rwhp over stock power. it weighed 3250 wet and full interior. the only stock car to hang with me was a c6 z06 a few years ago. the new 5.0 is a great car no doubt, if i knew it was coming out i would've held out for it. but will it beat a camaro stock for stock? no, i don't believe it. ford has always done a great job with the smaller motors. but we could ask "why does ford need a supercharger to be fast?" i used to get asked that all the time. btw, the camaro has 3:42s, which in my opinion with a 6 speed, is garbage.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #7332
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
...for all those who wanted to go fast without the aid of a power adder with the new 5.0. and its still down on ci on the Chevy.
And torque, and weight, and it's aided by other goodies not normally found on a 'stock' engine...

Engine for engine, if that's what we're getting into here, the LS3 is still the better unit.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #7333
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
So what about the 5.0? Per this thread, almost identical HP, less weight. Forced induction is pure and simple, good technology. Why do you think chevy is using the LSA in the z28? I don't know where you're getting the idea that it can't match the fifth gen. An auto has gone as fast as 12.57 and a manual 12.58, in the dead heat of summer. Those are just as fast as the best ever ls3 ET on this forum. Stick vs stick, it's a drivers race. Auto vs auto, the 5.0 has a distinct advantage over the l99. The gt500 doesn't hang with the fifth gen, it smokes it. Why does GM need a blower to match it? They don't just like ford doesn't NEED one to top the SS, it's just a great, cost effective, efficient way to get there.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #7334
Gunsmoke
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And torque, and weight, and it's aided by other goodies not normally found on a 'stock' engine...

Engine for engine, if that's what we're getting into here, the LS3 is still the better unit.

BTW, the extra 250lbs. the camaro has..............IS MOTOR. it took the import guys a while to figure that one out too.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #7335
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
BTW, the extra 250lbs. the camaro has..............IS MOTOR. it took the import guys a while to figure that one out too.
Huh? The DOHC 5.0 is DEFINITELY heavier than the ls3. I'd bet my left nut on it.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #7336
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Huh? The DOHC 5.0 is DEFINITELY heavier than the ls3. I'd bet my left nut on it.
I'd bet your left nut, too!

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video