Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
The car is going in on July 5th. I'll find out then.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #16
Sqwirtle

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS-m6, IOM
I have a related issue where my phone (LG Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2) is always connected via bluetooth and I can receive calls and such.

The phonebook doesn't sync up correctly and neither does my Pandora (MyLink).

Majority of the time if I turn off my phone and turn it back on while it is synced up in my car, I can get the phonebook to sync including Pandora.

Really annoying!
Sqwirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Bump.

Any news following your visit to the dealer, Peter?

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The biggest annoyance, as evidenced by the fact that it worked before Jelly Bean, is that it's an Android problem (which they likely won't resolve). Thus everyone will be complaining and wanting Chevrolet to "fix" the radio. If/when there is a fix, it will likely be on the radio. But every time the Android ios (or iPhone for that matter) is updated, this could occur.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #19
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The biggest annoyance, as evidenced by the fact that it worked before Jelly Bean, is that it's an Android problem (which they likely won't resolve). Thus everyone will be complaining and wanting Chevrolet to "fix" the radio. If/when there is a fix, it will likely be on the radio. But every time the Android ios (or iPhone for that matter) is updated, this could occur.
That is true, but it's not the radio as it is the bluetooth module behind the glovebox.

Took the car in and no fix from OnStar. At least I have the work around I spoke about by using Google to backup my phonebook, and such.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #20
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
That is true, but it's not the radio as it is the bluetooth module behind the glovebox.

Took the car in and no fix from OnStar. At least I have the work around I spoke about by using Google to backup my phonebook, and such.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm curious if we can round up enough people with 2009-2012 Camaros to try to get GM's attention about this issue. I think if we had a roster of enough people complaining about it, perhaps GM could acknowledge that they are actively working on a fix.

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #21
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post

True, but it interfaces with the radio. So there could be three possible fixes, the radio software, the module itself, or the phone.

It's already established that the hardware works. The problem is how the radio and phone communicate through the module. And this process was broken by the software on the phone.

So the fix could/would be a software fix on the radio or the phone. So back to my original statement.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
Sqwirtle

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS-m6, IOM
So I received the new Android (4.3) on my Nexus 4 a couple weeks ago and this has fixed all problems I have been having between my phone and car.

Pandora is always available and my phonebook is always being imported correctly.

One of the many joys of having a Nexus phone because I am sure it will take many months for manufacturers to update 4.3 with their custom skin and crap before they push it out to the consumers.

FIXED!
Sqwirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #23
missbecky

Drives: 2012 Chevy Impala
to GearHeadPeter

Hi Peter,

I was hoping to follow your work-around, but, you are apparently working with a Motorola phone and Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and AT&T. I don't suppose you could translate the instructions so they would work for my situation(I can't quite sort it all out)? My car is a 2012 Chevy Impala. The dealer demonstrated the Bluetooth with his iPhone, which worked like it should, picking up the contacts in his phone, and responding to voice commands.

Thanks in advance, if you are able and willing to help.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Becky
missbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Hi Becky,

I will do my best to help you. On your phone did you set up a Google e-mail account? If not then you have to so this will work. When I called Motorola support they also said that the Samsung Galaxy S4 also had the same issues.

When I got my new phone I used one of my gmail accounts so the phone can update, etc. Your contacts are normally handled by the phone provider, and what you need to do is have Gmail handle the contacts.

From my instructions are any of the processes the same? Do you have a People or Contacts Icon? Please describe how you get to your contacts currently, and check to see if when the Contacts are open can you open the menu for that function? Lets start with that first, and describe what you see if you can open the menu for Contacts.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbecky View Post
Hi Peter,

I was hoping to follow your work-around, but, you are apparently working with a Motorola phone and Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and AT&T. I don't suppose you could translate the instructions so they would work for my situation(I can't quite sort it all out)? My car is a 2012 Chevy Impala. The dealer demonstrated the Bluetooth with his iPhone, which worked like it should, picking up the contacts in his phone, and responding to voice commands.

Thanks in advance, if you are able and willing to help.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Becky
Old 08-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #25
missbecky

Peter,

Thanks for answering. Yes, I have a gmail account. Yes, I have contacts(instead of people). Yes, I have an SD card. I think I did the export to storage step. But in the next step I can't find a place for "Create contact under account" or anywhere to select Google, let alone "Remember this choice".

When I go into contacts, I can choose to display from the following choices
All
Device
SIM
email@gmail.com
customized list

In the Sim list are all of the contacts with phone numbers, but the email@gmail only shows 3 entries.

I can't find how to copy from the sim to the gmail.

Becky
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
missbecky

OHHHHH, I think I did it. Never got to the people being blank, but on AT&T it seems to be more of a copy function. Now for the re-pairing...I'll post again, to say whether or not it worked.....

Becky
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #27
missbecky

RATS...did the unpair/re-pair twice with no improvement. No requests from bluetooth to use contacts.

Becky
Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbecky View Post
RATS...did the unpair/re-pair twice with no improvement. No requests from bluetooth to use contacts.

Becky
Ok Becky, lets try something. When you open Contacts does at the top of the screen display Contacts in yourname@gmail.com?

With the Contacts screen open, open the menu for that screen, and do you see Contacts to Display, Import/Export, Accounts, Settings, Share contacts? if you do Select Settings, and then select Contact Storage. Ensure that for Contact Storage Account it shows your gmail account. If it does select Contact Storage Account and you should get a screen that indicates "Create contact under account" and list Google and maybe others. Select Google with your gmail account listed, and under that should be an option to Remember this Choice, select OK.

Since you exported all your contacts once you change to Google it should display no contacts there until you Import the contacts into the new Google Account.

Thanks,
Peter