Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #29
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
What's weird about this auto show for me is, I went in expecting the Camaro to have this nice showcase area with plenty of people providing information to the folks. When in fact it was quite the oppoisite. When I went Thursday in the morning, it was laid out on the carpet like the other cars, it was locked so no one could sit inside, and there was no one that seemed to be a Camaro spokesperson.

I guess my expectations were too high. But then again, there were two brand new 2010 Mustangs, one convertable too. The black one was placed up on a round/rotating surface with the lights on. They even had three people talking to guests about the vehicle.

I was really glad and thankful to finally see it in person, but I think Chevy really dropped to ball on trying to sell this Camaro at Phoenix.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #30
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
What's weird about this auto show for me is, I went in expecting the Camaro to have this nice showcase area with plenty of people providing information to the folks. When in fact it was quite the oppoisite. When I went Thursday in the morning, it was laid out on the carpet like the other cars, it was locked so no one could sit inside, and there was no one that seemed to be a Camaro spokesperson.

I guess my expectations were too high. But then again, there were two brand new 2010 Mustangs, one convertable too. The black one was placed up on a round/rotating surface with the lights on. They even had three people talking to guests about the vehicle.

I was really glad and thankful to finally see it in person, but I think Chevy really dropped to ball on trying to sell this Camaro at Phoenix.
They must have moved the other 2 mustangs out Thursday night then... Friday there was only 1 (the black one on the rotating surface).

Posting a pic of me in front of the red one here soon.. it was the only one i could get because it was CROWDED Friday.. and there where 2 gm people there answering questions.

Last edited by The_Stache; 11-29-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added pic
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #31
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
[QUOTE=Arioch;203247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
I also went to the convention first thing this morning. It was great seeing the Camaro in person for the first time. However, a red V6 was definitely an underwhelming way to see it. I really wish they had a silver SS, that would have been a lot better. But, can't complain because it was still great to see it. I was also kind of hoping for a surprise Cyber Gray Metallic colored Camaro.

I went to the autoshow yesterday as well and I had the exact same issue. I have a victory red version of the car on order. So when I saw the car I was very disappointed. It distrubed me so much in fact that I had a hard time enjoying being in the presence of the car itself. As I looked across the floor of cars I saw at least one other car in that same room that had much more vibrant, brighter and flashier versions of red. This told me that even indoors you can still have a beautiful red paint job regardless of the lighting.

Victory red was so bland looking that I was really turned off. The thing is I had went and found a cobalt in victory red on a dealerships lot (in the sun) and it looked brilliant and this is exactly what I was expecting to see on the camaro, but it wasnt the same.

The new corvette next to the camaro had victory red paint as well and looked identical, bland and boring. So now I'm going to have to go down to the dealer lots and look at the corvette victory red out in the sunlight and see if it looks dull and lifeless or if the sun changes its look dramatically.

Anyhow the experience shocked me (because I had thought I had already done my research properly by checking out a victory red cobalt on the lot ahead of time). Now I'm left with a lot of doubts.... I may have to go with black or white just to be safe, which bums me out as I wanted a beautiful vibrant red color.

Important to note that the section of the convention center the Camaro was in is illuminated by florecent bulbs. In my experience these lights are not flattering to many colors. Since you will be driving you car outside go with what you have seen outside rather than the convention center.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #32
SS Devil
Future SS Owner

Drives: 01 Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Wasn't the red RS actually a sleeper car?
Yes, the RS was a sleeper car. It had the LS3 inside. That is one reason they could not open the hood. What a disappointment! A huge auto show and all they can bring is a single RS that you cannot even sit in or look at the engine. What is GM thinking? Dodge has a kick butt exhibit with a twin turbo SRT-8, plus two other SRT8's. All GM brings is a RS that is scratched and when you look at the hood it is off about 1/4 inch on the driver side. No displays, option guide, videos etc...
I have been jacked for over two years waiting for this car to come out and this is what they bring to the general public. GM has a chance with this car to pry that mighty dollar bill out in so many Americans tight wallets. With every car show they are doing they should be blowing peoples minds with this car. I went to the Auto show today feeling like i wasted $30 bucks and I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. Wonder why GM is going belly up.

On a better note, one of the GM guys at the show said there is going to be a production Z28 later next year. It is going to have a tuned down LS9 engine (LS8). He said it should be around 550-575 horses with a price tag around 7k higher than the SS, around the Challenger SRT-8 price tag. That would rock! Keep your fingers crossed.
SS Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #33
Boba Vette

Drives: 68 GTO, 85 TA, 94 TA, 99 TA,10 Gen5
GM dropped the ball at the LA Auto Show, too, although it doesn't seem as bad as the AZ show.

They had 2 Camaros, 1 silver SS and 1 black... well, Black up on a pedestal. They had a guy babbling, but you could barely hear him. No one could get close to the car, couldn't sit in it, could barely see in it.

C'mon GM!!! It's crazy when my kids can sit on the hood of the C6ZR1, cause it's "just there" on the floor, but I can't even see the interior of the Camaro!

BTW, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the Camaro in person (trying to prepare myself, just in case they go belly-up and I can't get my dream car). Boy, I was WRONG! The Camaro Black is one of the hottest cars I've seen in years! Even my wife admitted it looked hot and she's a died-in-the-wool Mustang Chick.
Boba Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #34
Az Sparky

Drives: 74 Camaro, 91 Caddy
Im going to the auto show now, Im going with a smile bc this will be the first time I will have seen the CAMARO. I hope to wet my pants.
Az Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I had two pictures taken next to the Camaro. But my camera is film , so i'll have to develop them. Some impressions:
The car is big. It has presence. I mean, i went and looked at the mustang to compare, and it's larger than the mustang. I wish they had trimmed an inch here and there. I know there are some people that say it doesn't make a difference, but this car looks bigger than the 4th gen. I looked at the hyundai genesis, and it looks about 2/3 the size of the Camaro. what really suprised me was when i got to the Challenger. That thing is supposed to be , what? 8 inches longer than the Camaro? Well it looks the same size. The only thing is those SRT8's have 45 K sticker prices! what a joke. I also noticed the mustang really has a CHEAP interior. Getting in all the other GM cars, they all have great cockpit feelings, it would have been great to get in the Camaro. I'll also say GM is making the best looking cars out there. Ford-aside from the mustang the rest of their lineup, Lincoln too, is blaaaand. Even the japanese cars. And geez-I got in an Accord--31 k! Hey, you want an Accord or a CTS?! Nope, i was really impressed with GM's lineup.
Got in a G8 too, and it doesn't look any larger than the Camaro. Yeah, the size of the Camaro does worry me.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
Az Sparky

Just got home from the auto show. The Camaro is AMAZING. THAT IT! There are no other cars. NONE.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Sparky View Post
Just got home from the auto show. The Camaro is AMAZING. THAT IT! There are no other cars. NONE.
PICS?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #38
Az Sparky

PICS will be up very soon.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #39
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Devil View Post

On a better note, one of the GM guys at the show said there is going to be a production Z28 later next year. It is going to have a tuned down LS9 engine (LS8). He said it should be around 550-575 horses with a price tag around 7k higher than the SS, around the Challenger SRT-8 price tag. That would rock! Keep your fingers crossed.
I think that the Idea to make the z28 had always been there but I think he's(GM Guy) making the date and the price up. The SS already matches the srt-8 as is. So to me I don't see them investing time and money the way things are. Plus how many times has the production date for the convertible been changed. BTW why not an LS7 theres already a concept out there. Thanks for the info but I'm not holding my breath in fact I'm happy to get 422 HP especialy once congress is done with GM.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote