Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Misconduct at Gas Station

Hey guys, I have a story regarding my Camaro.

Today I went to my local 76 station in order to gas my car up. Anyways, when I was there, some guy selling this waterless car wash/wax called FW1 came up to me. At first he was talking about how he liked the car and how he was saving for one, and I'm nonchalantly talking back to him. At this time, he asks me if I want to see something, as he hands me a bottle of this cleaner, and I said sure. I'm looking at the bottle, and all of a sudden he sprays my car down with this petroleum based product and wipes it down with his incredibly dirty rag.

At first, I was thinking, wtf? After this initial shock, I quickly tell him to not touch my car anymore, and that I don't want him touching my new car with his dirty rag. At this time, he takes offense, and goes to get a new rag. I tell him I don't know if his microfiber towel is going to scratch my paint further, and that his stuff that he used has left all kinds of residue on my car (which I had used Zaino on in the past).

Anyways, at this time, I ask to talk to his boss, and he tells me that I need to take a number down. I inform him that I don't have a piece of paper or my phone on him, and I eventually track down a scrap of paper so I can write down the number. During this time, his co-worker comes by and listens in on the scuffle, and I borrow his pen. Also during this time, this guy starts cursing at me and also tries to come at me; his coworker has to hold him back. He was genuinely pissed and acted like he wanted to hit me. Anyways, I drive home and try the phone number he gave me, and it turns out to be a bad number.

So, I go online and look up the phone number for the gas station I was at, and I speak to the general manager. (I wasn't going to go inside the station with that maniac and my car outside). I tell him the situation, and he apologizes and gets me the actual number of the worker's boss. I call him up and we have words.

Anyways, now I'm wondering if I should ask the individual's boss to pay for my car to be professionally detailed. This is because that FW1 stuff is petroleum based, and from what I have researched, is not the best thing to have on the paint. Also, I want to have those scratches taken out that were left by that rag.

God I hate solicitors. He should not have touched my car without my permission.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
five-oh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
sounds like Criminal Damage to Property to me-call the cops. He didn't have permission to touch your car and he did damage by scratching it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Unbelievable...what the hell is wrong with some people? If anyone needed holding back in this scenario,and that was my car this dolt touched....well, ya know. Hope it cleans up okay.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
this is why they put a glove box in the car... for the pistol!

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
If he did scuff up the paint, I would definitely insist on a reparation-detailing...at least!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Tyrell Industries

Drives: IOM 2SS
Out here in Texas you can get a nice surprise for touching a persons car without asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatcamaro2010 View Post
this is why they put a glove box in the car... for the pistol!

Mine stays on the hip (under the shirt of course)
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
what a dipsh3t!! Do not touch cars that are not yours!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Anytime an unwanted act is performed upon you or your property that is criminal.

This is a civil matter as well.

Now if you had agreed to him spraying and wiping the car, no criminal, but civil damages.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
I wish i lived in Texas so I could wear my Glock so as to dissuade dumb a##es from doing stupid crap to other peoples property.For now I just have to keep it hidden in my pants, or under the floor mat ,or under the seat. or under my coat or in the glove box, or behind my back
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Man if that happend to me and then the dude came at me id knock his ass to the ground. That's me though. In all seriousness you should probably either a) request for the damage to be fixed, detailing. Or b) what others said, call the cops.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
mcdoogle6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
I wish i lived in Texas so I could wear my Glock so as to dissuade dumb a##es from doing stupid crap to other peoples property.For now I just have to keep it hidden in my pants, or under the floor mat ,or under the seat. or under my coat or in the glove box, or behind my back
errr.... guns are not nessesary. To me, if someone pulled out a gun it would be as an act of being scared. If you want to "hurt" the other person because they pissed you off, fist fight them.

Violence isn't always the key though.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #12
Tyrell Industries

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
Yes you pretty much live in the worst state for gun carry laws.However , i do wish i made enough money to live in northern California.God I miss Santa Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
errr.... guns are not nessesary. To me, if someone pulled out a gun it would be as an act of being scared. If you want to "hurt" the other person because they pissed you off, fist fight them.

Violence isn't always the key though.
Very true,it's not for using when your mad at Someone,it's a defensive weapon.

Was just an off hand remark , No need to start a gun debate

Back on topic ?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Get your car fixed. I can't believe the idiots out there, I would have been livid.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
mcdoogle6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell Industries View Post
Yes you pretty much live in the worst state for gun carry laws.However , i do wish i made enough money to live in northern California.God I miss Santa Rosa

Very true,it's not for using when your mad at Someone,it's a defensive weapon.

Was just an off hand remark , No need to start a gun debate

Back on topic ?
I thought they meant that they would carry it around on them for when something like this happens. Sorry for my miss-read

Closed Thread