Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #99
CamaroZR1

Drives: '10 Jetstream Blue RS-SS S/C'D
Send a message via MSN to CamaroZR1 Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroZR1
Price: Doesn't matter...im taking out student loans...LOL
Model: Special Order RS-SS auto w/ an LS3 mated to a 6L90.
Tranny: 6L90 Auto
Color: Jetstream Blue
Buying: The day it hits the dealership
Extras: Fog lights a must (probably do a HID coversion) and maybe drop in a LS9, if not ill install a supercharger kit on the LS3...hey i want to smoke any GT500's i run across. Plus i have 2 beat out my cousin's raced out Roush Mustang that he also converted to Jet Fuel.
Next Year-2010 (sp. order) Camaro RS-SS, Jetstream Blue, (maybe white SS stripes), 6L90, and probably LS9...oh and my Speed Racer license plate frame.
CamaroZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #100
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroZR1 View Post
Price: Doesn't matter...im taking out student loans...LOL
Model: Special Order RS-SS auto w/ an LS3 mated to a 6L90.
Tranny: 6L90 Auto
Color: Jetstream Blue
Buying: The day it hits the dealership
Extras: Fog lights a must (probably do a HID coversion) and maybe drop in a LS9, if not ill install a supercharger kit on the LS3...hey i want to smoke any GT500's i run across. Plus i have 2 beat out my cousin's raced out Roush Mustang that he also converted to Jet Fuel.
Wow you are quite the pipedreamer...
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #101
CamaroZR1

Drives: '10 Jetstream Blue RS-SS S/C'D
Send a message via MSN to CamaroZR1 Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroZR1
LOL. Its fun to dream. I need to call up my cousin and get the specs on his Roush. I guess its Avgas, not actual Jet Fuel (my aunts the one who said it was jet fuel), but it's still aircraft fuel. I dont really know anything about the stuff. How much more power do u think running off Avgas gives?
Next Year-2010 (sp. order) Camaro RS-SS, Jetstream Blue, (maybe white SS stripes), 6L90, and probably LS9...oh and my Speed Racer license plate frame.
CamaroZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #102
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroZR1 View Post
LOL. Its fun to dream. I need to call up my cousin and get the specs on his Roush. I guess its Avgas, not actual Jet Fuel (my aunts the one who said it was jet fuel), but it's still aircraft fuel. I dont really know anything about the stuff. How much more power do u think running off Avgas gives?
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #103
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
If your a young Male rates will be HIGH, SORRY. My son is 20 and pays $4000 a year for a Chevy AVEO. NO tickets.
Yeah, that sounds like a ripoff. Either that or you're just full of it. Or maybe he's full of it. My buddy has a Mazdaspeed3 and pays 250 a month. He's 19 and it's a more powerful car than the aveo. I got quoted 212 dollars a month for my 2005 Pontiac GTO which is a 400hp RWD coupe. That's less than what he pays for his 100hp aveo. I'm 22. I ended up getting on a joint policy with my sister and pay 148 a month. If your son continues to pay 4000 bucks a year, he's crazy. Oh, if I have a speeding ticket I get a lawyer to take care of them. I still have one speeding ticket on my record that I paid outright. It was only 5mph over but I still paid one. So if I can get a 200 dollar a month car insurance payment for my GTO he should be able to do better than 300+ a month for his Aveo.

On the subject of power, these cars are very manageable. My GTO was my first RWD car and it was very streetable. The throttle was very predictable and easy to manage. I've always been a pretty cautious dude, but I can't speak for teenagers.

We can all judge these kids for getting their camaros for doing school work and what not, but that's really up to their parents. My dad wouldn't have anything to do with me buying my GTO so I have no idea what that's like. But I think growing up the way I did, I wouldn't feel right letting him buy me a car.

I think there's something to be said for teaching kids to earn their own way. And buying them a 30+k car when their barely legally able to drive it kind of spits in the face of that theory. But as long as parents are able to do it, it'll happen.

That's all assuming these kids aren't full of crap. Making it seem like they have to work so hard to get their straight As and come up with money so their the "least worst" of the spoiled kids.

I was on the Principal's honor roll for 4 years straight. AP classes and all kinds of academic achievement. I still never thought that was cause for my dad to buy me a 30k car considering going to school is for my benefit, not theirs. I can't understand the mindset that people get into thinking they're doing their parents a favor by going to school and doing well.

On topic:

Price: low to mid 30ks
Model: SS (possibly RS package depending on how the two look side by side)
Trans: 6 speed manual. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Color: Tough one. Black is classic and would work fine for me. Maybe some white stripes would be nice. Orange was my first choice, but I'm not sure how I like the orange they offer. Have to see it in person first.
Buying: Maybe the second model year or so.
Extras(?): HUD would be fun. Not exactly necessary, but could be entertaining. Navigation would be nice. I'd like MP3 connectivity too. I know the suspension will already kick ass, but if they have a handling upgrade, I'm all over it.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #104
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
SS/RS
Manual
Black
Black leather interior
No HUD
Around 30,000
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #105
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
yea i agree with you bowtieguy about the school stuff. that's why i started saving about two months ago and will probably be saving for the next two years to get up some money to pay for this car. part of the reason i am taking the AP's is so i can get an academic scholarship and save some money and all on college so i can afford the payments. he he he i got it all mapped out :].. either that or just stick with soccer and get a soccer scholarship. always got a back up
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #106
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Of course age has something to do with it. Not everyone has had the experience with hi-po cars like you and I have.

I can't believe that some of you are talking about making straight A's as actual work towards a Camaro. I mean I know honors and AP classes is a little harder and all that but come on. If you are actually taking these classes that must mean you have the mental capacity to pass them. Not to belittle any accomplishments, but getting A's just means doing all your work and turning in assignments on time.

I guess I came off like a bit of a prick just now. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just sore that I have to be saving for the next two years and work a 40+ hour job as a service technician to get my dream car.
Why the HELL are you pissed man? Listen to yourself. I'd rather work for my car like I am than just get it handed to me. You watch, three years into owning your Camaro you worked hard for, it will still be spotless getting thorough details on a weekly basis while any kids that were given theirs will probably neglect them or hell, sell them for the next big thing.

If you work for something, you appreciate it all the more, and you're working for something you know you'll keep for the long haul. I'm proud of you and what you're doing - don't be disappointed that you will have to be patient. Patience is the hallmark of a true leader, as they say. In the long run, you'll appreciate yourself more, everyone here will appreciate your efforts more, hell, everyone in general will appreciate it more. Would you rather have good luck or a nice sense of accomplishment? The latter if ya' ask me.

You watch, man. Thirty years from now, you'll be one of those guys whose 5th-gen Camaro everyone is gawking at because somehow it is at 75,000+ miles and looks as if it's at 5,000 miles with original equipment and paint.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #107
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Of course age has something to do with it. Not everyone has had the experience with hi-po cars like you and I have.

I can't believe that some of you are talking about making straight A's as actual work towards a Camaro. I mean I know honors and AP classes is a little harder and all that but come on. If you are actually taking these classes that must mean you have the mental capacity to pass them. Not to belittle any accomplishments, but getting A's just means doing all your work and turning in assignments on time.

I guess I came off like a bit of a prick just now. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just sore that I have to be saving for the next two years and work a 40+ hour job as a service technician to get my dream car.
Well, let's look at this from this standpoint.

Straight A's + AP courses + Honors classes = Scholarships.

Scholarships = Money saved.

Money saved = Camaro.

And by the way, I think you need to spend some time in my AP courses. You can turn in assignments on time, but if that's all you do, you're still going to fail miserably. The only reason I got As and Bs throughout the year and a 5 on the AP test was by literally studying every single friggin' night.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #108
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Straight A's + AP courses + Honors classes = Scholarships.

Scholarships = Money saved.

Money saved = Camaro.
And I must say...that theory is working out VERY well for me right now.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #109
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a ripoff. Either that or you're just full of it. Or maybe he's full of it. My buddy has a Mazdaspeed3 and pays 250 a month. He's 19 and it's a more powerful car than the aveo. I got quoted 212 dollars a month for my 2005 Pontiac GTO which is a 400hp RWD coupe. That's less than what he pays for his 100hp aveo. I'm 22. I ended up getting on a joint policy with my sister and pay 148 a month. If your son continues to pay 4000 bucks a year, he's crazy. Oh, if I have a speeding ticket I get a lawyer to take care of them. I still have one speeding ticket on my record that I paid outright. It was only 5mph over but I still paid one. So if I can get a 200 dollar a month car insurance payment for my GTO he should be able to do better than 300+ a month for his Aveo.
Yeah, $4000 for an Aveo for a 20 year old is crazy without tickets.

At 20 (in 1993) I had a '91 Camaro V6 and was paying a little over $3000. Even less than that at 21 for a brand new 1995 Cavalier.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #110
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Why the HELL are you pissed man? Listen to yourself. I'd rather work for my car like I am than just get it handed to me. You watch, three years into owning your Camaro you worked hard for, it will still be spotless getting thorough details on a weekly basis while any kids that were given theirs will probably neglect them or hell, sell them for the next big thing.

If you work for something, you appreciate it all the more, and you're working for something you know you'll keep for the long haul. I'm proud of you and what you're doing - don't be disappointed that you will have to be patient. Patience is the hallmark of a true leader, as they say. In the long run, you'll appreciate yourself more, everyone here will appreciate your efforts more, hell, everyone in general will appreciate it more. Would you rather have good luck or a nice sense of accomplishment? The latter if ya' ask me.

You watch, man. Thirty years from now, you'll be one of those guys whose 5th-gen Camaro everyone is gawking at because somehow it is at 75,000+ miles and looks as if it's at 5,000 miles with original equipment and paint.
I know it. I just get mad at kids and parents like that. I'm going to love and appreciate my car for as long as I can drive it before it falls apart around my ass (and then probably have it rebuilt). I'm basically just venting, I would much rather earn it than recieve it.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #111
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post

On the subject of power, these cars are very manageable. My GTO was my first RWD car and it was very streetable. The throttle was very predictable and easy to manage. I've always been a pretty cautious dude, but I can't speak for teenagers.

We can all judge these kids for getting their camaros for doing school work and what not, but that's really up to their parents. My dad wouldn't have anything to do with me buying my GTO so I have no idea what that's like. But I think growing up the way I did, I wouldn't feel right letting him buy me a car.

I think there's something to be said for teaching kids to earn their own way. And buying them a 30+k car when their barely legally able to drive it kind of spits in the face of that theory. But as long as parents are able to do it, it'll happen.

That's all assuming these kids aren't full of crap. Making it seem like they have to work so hard to get their straight As and come up with money so their the "least worst" of the spoiled kids.

I was on the Principal's honor roll for 4 years straight. AP classes and all kinds of academic achievement. I still never thought that was cause for my dad to buy me a 30k car considering going to school is for my benefit, not theirs. I can't understand the mindset that people get into thinking they're doing their parents a favor by going to school and doing well.

On topic:

Price: low to mid 30ks
Model: SS (possibly RS package depending on how the two look side by side)
Trans: 6 speed manual. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Color: Tough one. Black is classic and would work fine for me. Maybe some white stripes would be nice. Orange was my first choice, but I'm not sure how I like the orange they offer. Have to see it in person first.
Buying: Maybe the second model year or so.
Extras(?): HUD would be fun. Not exactly necessary, but could be entertaining. Navigation would be nice. I'd like MP3 connectivity too. I know the suspension will already kick ass, but if they have a handling upgrade, I'm all over it.

Now what I bolded I take offense to, I am in no way shape or form spoiled. Hell Im probably on the lower end of the middle class. And for someone to call me spoiled, even your "least worst" of the spoiled kids just pisses the Fking shit out of me. I realize you point of view but you need to understand Im one of the kids that took a job moving crap around in the back of grocery, clothing department, stores and shit just so I wold ask my parents for money. I've earn all the things I have and for you to say that I'm SPOILED is the single handedly dumbest thing to say to me.

And to nUcLeArEnVoY: owning a Maro is the only car I've truly wanted since I sat in My uncles 86 IROC. This car will never be sold never be neglected. This is the only car in the world that is worth anything more to me than what is costs. This car is the only way I feel like my uncle is still with me.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #112
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
alright this is getting out of hand.. maybe we should just drop this and get back on topic which was basically what do you want your maro' to be?
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote