Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Just picked up my LS

I am so excited to have my new Camaro. I just took delivery and could'nt be happier with my choice. I live in Houston and love driving it around but there are some things I couldnt see eye to eye on at the dealership. I bought the 2102 1LS maily for the beefy 323hp v-6 and manual tranny. Took over a week to find one in the area. She's black and beautiful.

Here's my dilemma though. I want to dress her up a bit and currently I have two choices. Wheels or Rally Stripes. The stock LS wheels dont look half bad on a black car but I know I dont want to keep them. I was thinking about picking up a set of the used LT rims as they are quite available used for pretty good prices. It's either that or having CGM Rally stripes painted on. (Vinyl stripe kit is an option as well depending on my budget.)

So what do you think Texas? Eventually both will happen, but whats the verdict from the Camaro5 community? Wheels or Stripes?

Imdy
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I personally would get the stripes first.

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Stripes.....and vinyl will be alot cheaper.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Welcome! Not sure if you're a member yet, but here's our local forum:

H-Town Camaro Club

As for wheels vs. stripes, I'd go with wheels but not until you find something aftermarket (and either upgrade to 20" or 22") that you like. Personally, I wouldn't spend money on wheels from the factory. It all comes down to what you want your Camaro to look like, though...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
congrats
Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Well it looks like the stripes are going to be first. They fit into the budget a lot better than the wheels do.

So, that being said, where in Houston is the best place to have them installed. it is beyond my ability to do them myself. In addition, where would be the best place for me to buy the stripes so I dont have to pay the overhead at the place where i get them installed? I live out towards Tomball/Spring and dont want to have to drive across town to get them done.

Thanks for all the help. I am stoked about my new Camaro. Having a community like this makes even more awesome.

imdy
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
In order to have all black rims you should pull off the silver "beauty ring" I did and the rims looks much better without it. It will tide you over until you get rims at least. You should also look into an RX oil catch can and oil breather. Well worth the price to protect your car. Search the forum and you will find plenty of info on how to get one and plenty of people saying how much they love it.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote