Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Vitesse Motorsports Paddles, 2012 + owners, Question

I'm interested in getting these but as everyone knows the 12's and up already have the factory paddles.
Are these that big of an upgrade over the stock 12 ones? Is it worth spending a 100 bucks on? Cause honestly besides the finish and them being a little bit larger are they really worth it? I'm interested in hearing from 12 and 13 owners that have these please, whats your experiences , thoughts on these?

Also everyone says install is easy but when I look at the back of my factory paddles I don't see where they would come off? i guess there is a little spring or something but I'll be dammed if I can find it ..

Tx..........
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I always wondered what the big deal on these were. Mine already has decent sized paddles and I can't see paying a hundred bucks for something that is only slightly bigger.

I guess on 10's and 11's they had buttons or something???
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I always wondered what the big deal on these were. Mine already has decent sized paddles and I can't see paying a hundred bucks for something that is only slightly bigger.

I have buttons on my 11. I was thinking about adding something like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post

That's what I'm saying... seems like this mod is not needed on 12 and newer... now the 11 's I can see...
Old 02-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
ryanyoung1768

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
I bought them because they look good. I haven't tried seriously to mount them, I went after removing the old ones but I don't have a small enough tool to push the retaining pin out. I did run some sandpaper over the sharper bits though based on other posts.
ryanyoung1768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I would prefer that a customer tells you how they like our 2012+ Paddle Shifters. Anyone ?

You can also view some of the comments and reviews we have received on our thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221333

The main purpose of Steering wheel mounted Paddle Shifters is to give you much better control of your driving : Up-shifting or Down-shifting whenever you feel like.
No need to move your hand to the 3 or 9 position to shift. With the larger Paddles, you'll still be able to engage your shifts even when making a turn...

The OEM Paddles on the 2012+ are a little better than the smaller buttons on the 2010/11 but still not large enough for their main purpose.

That's why we've produced our larger Paddles to add a little more fun to your driving.

Here is an article that explains a little more about Paddle Shifters in general:

Article:
For automotive enthusiasts, it can feel like there's something missing when driving an automatic sports car. Thanks to the paddle shifters, which are hand-activated levers mounted directly behind the steering wheel that change gears with the flick of the finger. Although it began as a feature on racecars, paddle shifters have become popular on sports cars .

Topping the list of reasons that paddle shifters are a plus and becoming more popular: Paddles allow the driver to still feel in control when they want to without having to constantly work their left leg and right arm. This is especially appealing to drivers in congested cities who often lament the work involved with driving a manual during their daily commute. And for couples who share a car, where one driver prefers an automatic and the other a manual, it can appease both.

Automatic transmissions are easier to drive but sacrifice the art of driving, of anticipating a turn and shifting appropriately so you emerge smoothly from it. With paddle shifting, the driver will take over and shift into the appropriate gear.
The challenge and sport of driving a car and mastering shifting is gone with automatic transmissions but now with real Paddles, the fun is back.

The bottom line on Paddle Shifters is:

If you're uninterested in driving and just want to get from A to B, don't bother with them.
If you still enjoy the sport and challenge in interactive driving, then use them to find a happy medium between the art and practicality.

Why does Ferrari / Lamborghini / Maserati ..... use also larger Paddle Shifters ?
They bring more FUN and control to your driving !

Last edited by horizon670; 02-10-2013 at 08:01 AM.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Uggss

Drives: Black with silver stripes 2011 2ss
I have a 2011 SS. And I just installed and used mine for the first time last night.Man what a different experience it is with these. I know you asked for 2012 users but I'm betting the 12 users are just as satisfied as I am. Best 100 bucks I've ever spent

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Uggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
ryanyoung1768

They are not worth the $$$ in my opinion. I have struggled for months with the company to provide the correct piece, and after three attempts, I've given up and went back to the OEM paddles. The incorrectly machined piece broke my shifter controls when I tried to install it, and I had to pull the steering wheel to replace it. Several attempts to explain and get the right piece have led nowhere, and I'm going to ditch them and count myself a hundred bucks wiser.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
horizon670

ryanyoung1768 is a customer who is trying to badmouth our Paddle shifters because we refused to give him a refund. He said if you don't send me a full refund, I will badmouth your product and that's what he is trying to do now, this is why you will see his posts on our various threads.

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments.

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Mine is a 2011 and had the buttons. These paddles (#018/100) made a world of difference using manual mode. Great product. I've never held a 2012 steering wheel, so I have no idea about its shifters.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanyoung1768 View Post
They are not worth the $$$ in my opinion. I have struggled for months with the company to provide the correct piece, and after three attempts, I've given up and went back to the OEM paddles. The incorrectly machined piece broke my shifter controls when I tried to install it, and I had to pull the steering wheel to replace it. Several attempts to explain and get the right piece have led nowhere, and I'm going to ditch them and count myself a hundred bucks wiser.

Your literally the first person in hundreds of posts that hasn't liked these.
I had these installed in my 2012 when I had it and they were great.
Also this vendor is one of the best people I have dealt with as far as customer service, which leads me to believe that given what I stated above the problem is likely what you see in the mirror everyday, not these very fine constructed paddles!
So please don't bad mouth an excellent product and an excellent vendor!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
I love mine. They look great and work great. With the factory paddles I used to shift with my pinky finger. With the Vitesse I can use 2 or 3 fingers. Pay the freaking $100.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
ryanyoung1768

I gave up on their "excellent customer service" after being sent the wrong paddle twice, and the completely wrong year once. I'm glad everyone else is happy - I am not, and I am allowed to express that in a public forum after private attempts to remedy the situation failed.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
horizon670

Thank you OPP for your nice comments ! Glad to hear you're having more fun driving your Camaro with our Paddle Shifters !