Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Aftermarket Seats

I'm not even sure if this thread is in the right forum, but here goes anyway.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket seat designed specifically to utilize a 4-, 5-, or 6-point racing harness in conjunction with their roll-cage?

I'm trying to decide which ideas I want to pursue and which ideas I want to put on the shelf for now. Aside from adding a blower and destroying my warranty, I'm pretty happy with what I've done to my powertrain thus-far and I've been looking into various ideas about the interior of my car as well as suspension mods.

I've been trying to look around online and see what's out there (as far as seats go) besides the ever popular Sparco and Recaro products, as well as see if there's any specific issues to look out for with an aftermarket seat in a cabin shaped like the Camaro's. I also assume that replacing the seat removes all of the power recline and tilt features of the driver's seat. But that doesn't really bother me since I'm the only person that drives my car.

Thoughts?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
You have a few issues..... weight bladder sensors and air bag proximity sensors. If you don't mind losing all that, then run any of the FIA approved reace shell designs. The Recaro SPG, Sparco Corsa, and Cobra Sazuka are all amazing seats that are approved for real race use. Any of these seats can be installed with or without sliders and to fit with any cage work as long as you have a decent back half cage professionally welded in so that the harness bar can be placed right. Dont forget the placement of the shoulder belts and lap belts need to be within specific angles or you could potentially sub-marine in an accident or crush your collar bones. That's why bolt in on-line cages are a total joke. Just my 2 cents. let us know if you need any help. We have raced, wrecked, and won in just about every chassis out there!
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Hmm...I forgot about all of the sensors in the seats. Would it be possible to install a roll-cage, but continue to use the stock seats and just add in a 4-point harness? I just thought, in order to have a 4-point or higher harness the seat had to be made to accept that sort of restraint, and I didn't think those little loops with the magnet snaps on the stock seats would be sufficient as guides for the 4-point harness straps.

Thanks for the quick response

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
RESURRECTED...installing new aftermarket seats soon.....WTF do I have to consider with the airbag wiring(saw that somewhere) and the other sensors.....the 13's have the Hill Start Assist that work off of that ....will my car go nuts without it or does that stay under the seat (mounted under the seat and not to it).

What else do I need to know?