Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Oil Leak Under Supercharger

Ok everyone, Have a dilemma . The other day noticed a drop of oil on garage floor. Started diagnosing the source and had to go all the way to removing the E-Force I have. Removed the Valley Plate and found it. The plastic and rubber gasket that sits between the Valley Plate and top of the engine has a crack in it. So thought easy fix. Not the case. Remember I have an L99 and an Edelbrock E-Force that uses the original gasket. So I called the dealers in my area and they say you can't buy the L99 gasket without buying the whole AFM solenoid package. $300.00 to get a $40.00 gasket. So I started calling all over and the same everywhere. I also called Edelbrock and they were not aware of this and had no help for me.

My question is does anyone make an aftermarket one or do I have any other options? Like plugging the AFM Lifter holes with something or does someone make a plug for them so I can use a LS3 gasket? Thanks for any help.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
a pic would help
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
epstein
Account Suspended

http://texas-speed.com/p-1419-gm-l99...asket-set.aspx
Old 05-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
epstein
Account Suspended

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-192566...art/B004JBJY5S
Old 05-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post

OOPs Sorry, broke the golden rule didn't I. Here I'll put it up

Getting pic now.

Epstein, It's the one under the Valley Plate. Red and Black. And the part number is 80917690 but it is the LS3 one but dealers parts guys see for L99 and LS3 on their computers. But it is the LS3 one. Confirmed this at three different dealerships by driving to see them.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Tom D

Here is the pic. Look close at where the Oil Pressure Sensor goes. I lifted the tear a little so you can see it.

Name:  IMG_0155.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  178.6 KB
Old 05-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
epstein
Account Suspended

Private message sent...
Old 05-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Hopefully the gasket is the issue but just a heads up while you are in there. I had a problem with the valley plate from edelbrock being defective. It was actually porous and oil was coming right through it. I dont know if they had this issue on any other models of eforce, or just the kit I have. Same symptoms as you can see in the thread I did on the problem. Oil puddling under the eforce and leaking down eventually.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...saga-ends.html
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Hopefully the gasket is the issue but just a heads up while you are in there. I had a problem with the valley plate from edelbrock being defective. It was actually porous and oil was coming right through it. I dont know if they had this issue on any other models of eforce, or just the kit I have. Same symptoms as you can see in the thread I did on the problem. Oil puddling under the eforce and leaking down eventually.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...saga-ends.html

Holy Crap. That is exactly what mine is doing. I can't believe oil is coming through the plate. The gasket is probably only part of the problem. I will be calling Edelbrock again. Thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
epstein
Account Suspended

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206251

Thanks to Canuck
Old 05-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
epstein
Account Suspended

and the Other known Eforce issue

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213616
Old 05-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
realcanuk

While you are in there... another fun eforce issue.... easy to avoid.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...ns-to-you.html
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Old 05-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
realcanuk

I was just looking at this again and although I would change that gasket anyways, it really doesnt look like it would leak oil to the outside of the engine. If the plate is the issue you would have seen oil puddling on the plate, and there is no way that gasket would cause that.
Just for a heads up, again I dont know if it effects your blowers, but edelbrock just came out with an improved tensioner for my kit, and sent me one at no cost to upgrade. They are a good company that way. Might be worth to ask since you are calling anyways.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
epstein
Account Suspended

good info....gonna call monday!