Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
heritage wheels

I had planned on getting different rims later on, but i do kinda like the heritage wheels....they are growing on me. some days i think i like em alot othere days i wish i had SS wheels lol. And i prolly get as many compliments from my friends as i do dislikes. anyway how many of you like them and dont plan on changing them?

One idea i had was to put a slightly lower profile of tire on them, and when i get a trifecta tune adjust the speedo. I like some meat on my tires but its a little much for my liking. I dont know much about tires and uh safety lol but is it possible to put a little bit lower of profile on the front tires and keep the back stock height? Just ideas i get when i get bored and stare at my car
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Mine were off my car after a day. I had thought of getting them painted a ralley wheel argent silver but when my Cragars fit and cleared the brakes I was hooked.

The height difference will throw a Service Stabilitrack code if the fronts are different from the backs. The computer is reading the speed of the front tires is significantly different from the rear tires and it doesn't know what to do other than shut down the ABS and traction control. I know this one first hand, but I still went with a shorter tire all around and the rears are slightly wider than the fronts.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Personally I really liked the look of the heritage wheels, but at 33lbs they do affect performance. When I changed rims which went form 33 to 18 lbs the difference was very noticable.

Just kinda depends on your own personal preference. Some people really focus on cosmetic mods, which is cool. For each there own, but I really do like the look of them. If you want another set I will sell them to you. LOL JK JK
Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Well, I dont' have them, but I do like them especially on silver and black cars.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Fuel Fire Desire

Drives: 2011 M6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Well, I dont' have them, but I do like them especially on silver and black cars.
I did NOT like the way they looked in the pictures. But as soon as I walked up to my car for the first time at the dealer I really liked them. I think the color combo is great for the SIM cars. But they still bother me a bit, because in the end, theyre basically work truck wheels (plain steel rims with a beauty ring).

Granted, theyre a much better size than my 4th gen's aluminum wheels, but I worry about how they will look when rust starts to appear.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
I did NOT like the way they looked in the pictures. But as soon as I walked up to my car for the first time at the dealer I really liked them. I think the color combo is great for the SIM cars. But they still bother me a bit, because in the end, theyre basically work truck wheels (plain steel rims with a beauty ring).

Granted, theyre a much better size than my 4th gen's aluminum wheels, but I worry about how they will look when rust starts to appear.
Keep them protected with a good product like Zaino and they will not rust. Oh, and I was right, they look great on a silver car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I actually grew out of them. My car was the first time i've ever seen those rims, and thought they looked awesome. after almost a year, I was tired of them. especially after I found out they were really freaking heavy. I currently have SS rims on mine and plasti dipped them matte black. Only reason I got those was because I got the best deal you could. lol

my plan is to go with lightweight 18"s with drag radials, later down the road.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Mine were off my car after a day. I had thought of getting them painted a ralley wheel argent silver but when my Cragars fit and cleared the brakes I was hooked.

The height difference will throw a Service Stabilitrack code if the fronts are different from the backs. The computer is reading the speed of the front tires is significantly different from the rear tires and it doesn't know what to do other than shut down the ABS and traction control. I know this one first hand, but I still went with a shorter tire all around and the rears are slightly wider than the fronts.

that makes sense about what happens with the different height tires. i think if i stick with the heritage i'll get a little bit lower profile and get trifecta tune and fix the speedo. the only downside is i would have more wheelwell space showing right? good reason/ excuse to lower the car then i guess
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I didn't like them at all when I first saw them. Then ended up getting an LS and still didn't like them! After 6 months (in January), I finally changed them out to aftermarket wheels. Now, I'm liking the Heritage wheels more than my current wheels. If they weren't so heavy (and were wider than 7.5"), I'd put them back on my car...
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #10
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
The wheels was the major reason I got the LS rather than the LT. I just really didn't like any of the wheel combinations Chevy had and didn't want to spend more on something I was going to change out.
They're heavy, are a throwback to the wrong years Camaro(should've really done something like the first gen ralley if they were going to do a steel wheel), and the tires look like truck tires they are so freakin' tall.
They just look wrong in my opinion on an orange car.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
OOLIE

In my opinion if you are going to put money into trying to make your car faster you are defeating the purpose keeping those rims no matter how good they look.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
My personal preference is a big on the Heritage Wheels. They are not wide enough and seem to miss the mark. That said I have seen a few sets that have been painted or the beauty rings have been painted to match the body color and that looks pretty decent.

I agree with others here that they should have used the 1st gen. rally wheels for their inspiration. I really like those.

IMVHO the current RS/SS wheels are perhaps some of the nicest OEM wheels ever made.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Umm sorry for my ignorance but I'm confused. I thought the alloy 1LT wheels were the heritage wheels??

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
OOLIE

Yeah the LS comes with the steel heritage wheels. Here is a link with some cool info

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...le=CAMARO+WIKI