Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #29
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Car must be pretty good if you're gunna complain about a book. What do you need a fancy binder for it? It does nothing for the functionality of the manual and is just a waste of material.

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 09-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #30
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
There are a multitude of them available online from various vendors, or go and buy one and have a shop do the embroidery... then you have one as custom and unique as your car ends up being...
^^^ This.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #31
Kathie63

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS RS
When I bought my 2007 HHR in 2007 manual also came in a plastic baggie, I asked my dealer for a binder and they gave me a really nice one so I have kept it and used it on my camaro and took it for this camaro too!

2011 Camaro 2SS RS

Black Stripes w/graphics
Heritage Grille
Splash guards
Embroidered headrests
Show and go license plate bracket
Gill Decals
Kathie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
One of my previous Camaros did come with a leather Cover thing that if I remember correctly even had the Camaro name imprinted on the front. Dont remember if it was in the 91 or the 96 but its still here in my house somewhere. Im kinda surprised the newer ones dont have one.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #33
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Its a manual, not the Curan.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #34
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2012RS View Post
Took delivery of my 2012 Camaro today..yipee...I know it's just nit picking because the car is awesome but I think the manual could have come in a nice leather binder or something not a ziploc baggie my 9yr old takes to school for lunch
Both of my Hyundais came with a leather bind and like 5 other books for the tires, a place to keep repair records, a mini manual, a notepad and a pen..etc..etc...
============

Hey..its Hyundai. Most people wouldn't even be buying the Hyundai but the leather bound manual just made them change there mind into buying.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #35
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A leatherette binder would indeed be nice --

the problem is that each person has thoughts about what we should make 'standard content' - and most of these aren't the same......

......and when you start adding the content up, the cost of the car goes up as well......

What we've tried to do is to offer the best bang for the buck out there in terms of performance, handling, standard features, and of course -- head-turning-style that gives you the 'pride of ownership'--

So as much as some would love a leatherette binder for the owners manual, I suspect that there are many more that would say "......for the extra dollars in cost, I'd rather have *insert feature here*...."

(.....and no, we don't need another poll.......)

(by the way - the reason for the plastic bag is to keep all of the manuals together so that they're put into your Camaro along the assembly line and that you are assured that you got each one......)

Wondering how the discussions are coming regarding gathering all the build sheets and create a delivery packet to new owners for prominance reasons. I'd pay for these to be organized for me in packet form. This idea was served up awhile back.. I just wanted to reintroduce it in case it could be considered.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #36
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
Its a manual, not the Curan.
Now that is quite a hoot!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #37
GoldBowtie

Drives: 2021 Yukon Denali, 2018 ZL1
Just give me a manual that's functional and SMALL ---- don't waste precious storage on some clunky binder.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well...consider this the first time I've heard this one!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
Ah, the rich soft feel of corinthian leather

Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #40
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #41
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
I see and agree with both sides. I have also bought 3 new Hyundai's in my life and loved everyone of them. Yes, their binders were all high end. So was the plethera of accessories Hyundai has sent me over the years at no cost to me, free auto show tickets, coozies, blankets, pens, paper, calculator, highlighters, markers, key chains etc...... I say if hyundai can afford this type of customer recognition and appreciation with reasonable car prices than GM can too........I am ever so glad though my SS has the looks, handling and HP it does at the cost I paid.

******by the way, since the first time I put the pedal to the metal in my Camaro I have totally forgotten about the Hyundai's!
Let me ask you a couple of questions:

1. How many cars are GM, Ford, and Chrysler allowed to ship INTO Korea?

The answer: ZERO

(trade barriers)

2. - go look into how much Hyundai and Kia pay their employees in Korea -

...........and THAT, my friend, is why Hyundai is able to afford what they're giving you............

How 'bout we balance the playing field?

(.......my opinion, not that of the company for which I work......)

Oh - and while we're on the subject -- go look at what Senator Shelby gave Hyundai to build a plant in his state........yet all he does is bash American Automobile Manufacturers........
Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #42
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I don't mind the baggies. I hardly ever read them anyway. In fact, until this morning, the owner's manual had never been out of the bag. But after reading this thread, I went out and looked at mine just now, and SOMEBODY at the bag stuffing facility must have used the darn thing as a coffee cup holder and got coffee stains on it with a mug ring!!!! WTF? That kinda sucks, but it's factory!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote