Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Ghans64

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Ghans64
Any Tampa Bay Area Drivers?

Okay, as many of us have done I have placed an order for a Camaro 2SS however I have not found a dealership that will allow me to test drive or even open the door to sit and look at the interior of the new Camaro. I was wondering if any members on here knew of a dealerships that would let you test drive or even sit in the camaro. Or even if there was a member on here that would let me simply go for a ride (you drive of course.....not gonna drive someone elses baby) or even let me grab a glimpse of the interior of the camaro since my camaro most likely will not be ready until November/December based on I just ordered.
Ghans64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
ElAntonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS A6
Dimmitt Chevrolet on US19 had a black 1LT up to about a week ago, that they were letting people sit in (supervised). That car has since been sold, though.

I ordered my car from there (MSRP), and so far they have been really good to me. I have no idea how their allocation looks right now though.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
yeah, I went to Dimmitt the night they got that 1LT, and they were very freely letting me (and others) sit in it and look. no test drive though. I also went to Autoway Chevy in Clearwater last Sunday and they had a sold silver 2LT/RS that they let me sit in and look at with no problems. Castriota in Hudson had a sold silver 2LT/RS and a black 2SS/RS that they were letting me sit in, although they were a little hesitant about it and didn't really like it. No one's offered a test drive yet though... :(

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
1SS/RS On Order 5/27/2009

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Many questions???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAntonius View Post
Dimmitt Chevrolet on US19 had a black 1LT up to about a week ago, that they were letting people sit in (supervised). That car has since been sold, though.

I ordered my car from there (MSRP), and so far they have been really good to me. I have no idea how their allocation looks right now though.
Hi,

I have ordered from Dimmit Chevrolet as well. Have they filled your order with an allocation? I changed from a 1SS/RS to the 2SS/RS and they called me today to tell me that it was ordered by there was not a order number assigned yet? I originally ordered on the May 27 but the original salesman I went to, did not explain the process very clearly. I went to the sales manager and he was extreamly helpful. Where are you in your process??? When are they telling you to expect delivery???? Thanks for all the answers.
1SS/RS On Order 5/27/2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
CamaroGirlFL

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro What else?
Me too! I ordered my 2LT from Dimmit - supposedly it was the "last one" in their allocation. I did have another dealer in the area think I was crazy because I told him I ordered one at MSRP.
#25640 is home! She was worth every penny. . .and has nicely spiced up the firm's parking lot
CamaroGirlFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
CamaroGirlFL

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro What else?
I placed the order on 05/03 and the sales guy let me know that it had been ordered on 5/21 and gave me the order number NKGDF4 - I was supposedly the "last one" in whatever allocation they had at that point - but that made we wonder about the lag time between when I placed it and when they placed it. It's good to hear that others have had a positive feeling about Dimmit. Still trying to get a copy of the workbench order though. . .
#25640 is home! She was worth every penny. . .and has nicely spiced up the firm's parking lot
CamaroGirlFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghans64 View Post
Okay, as many of us have done I have placed an order for a Camaro 2SS however I have not found a dealership that will allow me to test drive or even open the door to sit and look at the interior of the new Camaro. I was wondering if any members on here knew of a dealerships that would let you test drive or even sit in the camaro. Or even if there was a member on here that would let me simply go for a ride (you drive of course.....not gonna drive someone elses baby) or even let me grab a glimpse of the interior of the camaro since my camaro most likely will not be ready until November/December based on I just ordered.
Come over to Winter haven,fl.I'll give you ride in my 1ss.My dealer will if they have one which will be awhile since they don't over charge.They have some unsold on the way!Chevrolet Center,winter haven,fl.
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I am located in Lakeland and our DSV SEMA Camaro should be here around July after all of the mods..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
1SS/RS On Order 5/27/2009

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
CamarogirlFL,

Who did you deal with there at Dimmitt. They told me they had one allocation a month and I had one person in front of me...I am expecting mine to be ordered by July....Why does this process seem so difficult to understand???? Well let me know if you make any progress...Thanks
1SS/RS On Order 5/27/2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS/RS On Order 5/27/2009 View Post
CamarogirlFL,

Who did you deal with there at Dimmitt. They told me they had one allocation a month and I had one person in front of me...I am expecting mine to be ordered by July....Why does this process seem so difficult to understand???? Well let me know if you make any progress...Thanks
I don't know who you ordered from, and I actually ordered from Ferman Chevy in Tarpon Springs, but Ryan at Dimmitt has been very helpful with me whenever I've spoken to him. A couple of times I've talked to him on the phone, he's looked up their orders in the computer to see their statuses and when they would be coming in. He's talked to me about the Callaway short throw shifter and I may get one from them if I really want to replace the stock one at some point.

2011 Avalanche LT
Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
Ghans64

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Ghans64
We are currently dealing with Kyle. I have enjoyed working with Kyle thus far. We placed our order on 5/03 and was told we had to wait because all their allocations were used up [B]Camarogrl[B] I think we met. When we came in looking to place an order when they had the black camaro in the showroom a girl came in taking the last allocation. I wonder if that was you? My Camaro has now been ordered because two cars in the allocation list were convertibles so I was moved up on the list. They are selling their cars at MSRP which is nice.

Last edited by Ghans64; 06-07-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: wrong information
Ghans64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
Mmketeer

Drives: '99 Z28 Black w/ T-Tops
Castriota over in New Port Richey has been awesome!
They have a silver RS in their showroom that we checked out and even sat in. God bless them too, cause we ordered back in October from another dealership on Dale Mabry which I won't meantion the name of and it turned out that they had absolutley no allocations. Castriota saved the day by giving us their last allocation when we visited them on Mother's Day. Now we have a 2SS/ RS Black w/ tan interior and white racing stripes Camero in broadcast status and really aren't too far behind where we should have been had our October order really been processed.

Sorry, I was so excited that they helped us out that sitting in the car was enough for me as all I got to see at the other dealership on Dale Mabry's unvailing was the base L something model. So, I don't know if Castriota has one available for a test drive or not. But, you could call and ask.
Mmketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #13
Optimus Prime

I don't know about the other guys, but I got to drive a yellow 2LT at Ferman a couple weeks ago. However, they pretty much told me it was because I ordered one from them, so don't know that just anyone could drive one there... :(

2011 Avalanche LT
Old 06-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I just picked up my SS from Ferman Friday. The only one on the lot was mine. They do have a Red 2SS/RS coming in this week, the buyer canceled so you may be able to test drive...maybe not. Call Harold Watson over there, tell him Joe Thomas sent you. Ferman also have allocation left.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote