Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Anyone trade their Camaro for another Camaro?

I rushed into my decision to purchase a Camaro, and now I'm getting "the bug".

I shouldn't have gotten an SS....it's way too much power and I'm actually starting to get lockjaw from the permagrin. Additionally, most of my friends are Liberals, and I feel like I'm not being "green enough" getting 14-something mpgs. Soon they're just going to stop talking to me altogether.:(

This would also be a great opportunity to get a manlier color, such as gray or some sort of earth tone.

Does it seem fair to trade my 2010 2SS for a 2012 1LT, or should I expect to lose money?
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Are you serious? I'll trade you my cgm for your yellow

Seriously though, I think you'd be better off your yellow camaro and make it look "manlier" if thats what your after. I would believe you'd lose money on the trade and be downgrading

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post

I shouldn't have gotten an SS....it's way too much power and I'm actually starting to get lockjaw from the permagrin. Additionally, most of my friends are Liberals, and I feel like I'm not being "green enough" getting 14-something mpgs. Soon they're just going to stop talking to me altogether.:(

This would also be a great opportunity to get a manlier color, such as gray or some sort of earth tone.

Does it seem fair to trade my 2010 2SS for a 2012 1LT, or should I expect to lose money?
keep the SS cars are just getting faster and faster as new models are coming out, who cares what your friends think. You do not want to trade a 2ss for a 2lt, both are awesome but its a really really bad idea. Put some mods that increase MPG and power..
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Check the blue book trade in value of your car vs the msrp of the new one and that should give you an idea of how close to even up you might be. I would swap you my ls even up but I can't afford the gas an insurance lol.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Just tell your friends its the v6 and it gets 31mpg, tell them its the ECO-edition and the whole car is made from recycled plastic bags and baby diapers.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Just tell them your car used to be green, but now it's a ripe banana!
I can't believe you are thinking about trading that thing...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Oh, the horror of such peer pressure! How can you live with yourself knowing you are destroying the planet, and your friends know it too!
But I would tell them to just blow their own brains out now, and with their carbon foot-print removed completely, the environment would be helped more than you getting rid of your car.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Well, this is a first---never heard ANYONE say, "I shouldn't have gotten an SS".... If your friends stop talking to you because of the car you drive, then they are not friends, so who needs them anyway.

If you trade down, do it for own reasons, not for what other people think, . As far as color goes, why would you assume that color is associated with gender? I may be wrong, but your post sounds like you let other people live your life; by basing your choices on what others think, thus, your initial choice in car is least of your problems.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
You do realize that April 1st has already come and gone right? If not, pick up a phone and call for an immediate mental health evaluation.

Unless you can't afford driving the SS, why in the hell would you want to downgrade??? If you are seriously considering making the swap, I think you could get a V6 off here in trade in about 2.2 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
This went too far, lol. It was intended in jest at the seemingly endless stream of "trading up" threads.

I thought there was no way anyone continued to take it seriously after "I'm starting to get lockjaw from the permagrin...".

Satire Fail.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
This went too far, lol. It was intended in jest at the seemingly endless stream of "trading up" threads.

I thought there was no way anyone continued to take it seriously after "I'm starting to get lockjaw from the permagrin...".

Satire Fail.
don't worry, i got it. just didn't want to post anything, because after i told people the OP was trolling in another thread, i got flamed because they thought i was in the wrong.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Quote:

You're kidding, right? Kick them in their tree hugging behinds, smoke a cig and come hang with the cool kids. on a serious note, it is pretty funny to see the satire
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
Dylan88
UCF Knights

Drives: 2012 2LT RS

liberals...
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #14
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Your satire failed, but not because of you, but because we see so many absurd posts that are serious, and it's hard to distinguish between them anymore.

You got me good!