Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Top 5's

Fellow camaro owners I was just curious to hear what are some of your top 3 or 5 picks for exhausts, and headers? I'm in my finally stages of narrowing down which headers, and exhaust to purchase for my 2011 1LT. I'm super excitedThxs !!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Fellow camaro owners I was just curious to hear what are some of your top 3 or 5 picks for exhausts, and headers? I'm in my finally stages of narrowing down which headers, and exhaust to purchase for my 2011 1LT. I'm super excitedThxs !!
MRT v2 and BBK Longtubes w/ high flow cats
Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Are you thinking LT headers?

I'll assume so and say:

BBK + ARK DTS catback
BBK + Magnaflow axle-back
BBK + Borla Pro XS axle-back
BBK + SLP Powerflo

Great examples of all of these in the V6 exhaust sticky thread in the LT header section.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

I'll assume so and say:

BBK + ARK DTS catback
BBK + SLP Powerflo

Great examples of all of these in the V6 exhaust sticky thread in the LT header section.
Amazing left out MRT? or ARH?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Sorry, I know its all opinion, but that is mine
Old 07-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

I'll assume so and say:

BBK + ARK DTS catback
BBK + SLP Powerflo

Sorry !! Long I'm going with longtubes. Which sounds to be a better choice for me from all the reading I've done on here. Seems like a great fit for me.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I've heard people say to me, as well as from reading that all headers are relatively the same (aside from the length of course) ARH, BBK, etc.. That with ARH your really more so paying for the name. How true is that? Is it true?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
I've heard people say to me, as well as from reading that all headers are relatively the same (aside from the length of course) ARH, BBK, etc.. That with ARH your really more so paying for the name. How true is that? Is it true?
The difference is in the size of the primaries, and the bend of the tubes. ARH are probably the best quality headers you can buy, but then again I've not heard any negatives about BBK (they offer three different options with their LT headers)...and even OBX are a great product at a sweet price. But I'm thinking the lower cost BBK option and the OBX are more prone to rusting over time....just from what I've seen on here. All are good choices and all basically make the same power from what I've seen.

Reason I left out ARH from my pick is because.....although it might just be my imagination, or maybe just the quality of the videos, but they don't seem to provide the same type of pulsating/rumble as the BBK and OBX long tubes. You'd think they all would be the same, but it just never seemed that way to me when I compared all the videos. Now I know most times videos don't do the system justice, but its all I have to go on!

Stainless Works LT headers are another option!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
ActNup NY

I got it ! There basically all the same it's just the quality of the craftsmanship that give ARH that edge your saying.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
People will probably chime in with what setup they have, or are looking to get. There are a lot of good options out there, though! Just have to do some research and listen to some cars in person to decide what works best for you.

Also, depends on if you're going LT headers or shorties. Cats or no cats, what type of exhaust... a lot of factors.

I went with the OBX LT headers (which have no cats, as I don't need them in OH) with a resonated x-pipe to calm down the drone, paired with my MRT v2 exhaust. I get a lot of compliments on the sound... and my dad constantly reminds me it's "LOUD" whenever I go over there.

Definitely check out the thread at the top of the v6 forum for videos of different setups. That really helped me in my decision.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
People will probably chime in with what setup they have, or are looking to get. There are a lot of good options out there, though! Just have to do some research and listen to some cars in person to decide what works best for you.

Also, depends on if you're going LT headers or shorties. Cats or no cats, what type of exhaust... a lot of factors.

I went with the OBX LT headers (which have no cats, as I don't need them in OH) with a resonated x-pipe to calm down the drone, paired with my MRT v2 exhaust. I get a lot of compliments on the sound... and my dad constantly reminds me it's "LOUD" whenever I go over there.

Definitely check out the thread at the top of the v6 forum for videos of different setups. That really helped me in my decision.
I'm actually do that now. It's just so confusing man you hear some really good stuff out their at times. It's like which-way-to-go. I so hate making certain decisionsI've been researching for a while now. reading, pm'ing, u name it. But I believe I got something in mind here. I heard of OBX headers in only mentions. I dont want something to loud I have neighbors and I don't want to upset them.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Well OBX is going to be the loudest of them all because they have no cats. The cats tame the sound a little. Either way, unless you like rasp budget in a resonated x-pipe to remove the rasp your going to get with lt. Have you thought about maybe posting something in your regional forum and maybe members near you will be willing to let you hear different setups.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Well OBX is going to be the loudest of them all because they have no cats. The cats tame the sound a little. Either way, unless you like rasp budget in a resonated x-pipe to remove the rasp your going to get with lt. Have you thought about maybe posting something in your regional forum and maybe members near you will be willing to let you hear different setups.
This why I love reading on this site, cause you learn something everytime your reading. Thxs !. Actually Wednesday I'll be somewhere where there will be an abundance of camaros. So I should be able to hear some great sounding exhausts.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
When I do headers I plan to either do OBX or ARH with solo high flo cats and a resonated X pipe paired with the MRT v2. It sounds amazing in my opinion
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote