Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #183
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

Umm... In the way of anything good in life (okay - some things), CA makes no sense. We have to go to Nevada to have fun, otherwise the bug-eaters freak-out
Sorry, didn't want to say anything about a state I haven't been to yet. But since you're saying it, it's okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Actually, unless a .50 cal assault rifle is specifically named on the CA DOJ list by model and part number, it is technically legal to own as long as it meets certain criteria. If the rifle is equipped with "evil features", then it must have a bullet button magazine lock installed, and the rifle can use no more than a 10 round magazine. This also goes for AR style rifles as well.

"evil features" are: pistol grip, collapsible stock, fore grip, et al.

Please refer to the link below for questions on owning assault rifles and hand guns in California.

www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Legal to sell and legal to own are two different things.

"please do not construe what I have told you as legal advice, I am not a lawyer"
10 round magazine. Yeah, that's a lot safer That is still ten huge rounds heading towards you from a distance

BTW, the "evil features" part makes me laugh every time I read about it
Old 07-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #184
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Sorry, didn't want to say anything about a state I haven't been to yet. But since you're saying it, it's okay

10 round magazine. Yeah, that's a lot safer That is still ten huge rounds heading towards you from a distance

You aren't missing anything except the Pacific. Too many people are too up tight about too much stuff. Seeing what other states have access to and seeing what we're limited to is really frustrating.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #185
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
California is an odd place. The center-east is pretty normal, but everything is controlled by the 5-10 western-most miles of California due to population. I swear that 5 mile strip has absolutely -0- clue what is going on in the rest of the world. If you ask them, they think everyone is running around in General Lee type cars with no catalytic converters shooting out the windows while drinking natty-lite.

When they head inland it's like they're expecting an Amish Day festival to occur before their eyes while they drink red wine and sample local cheese. It FEELS so condescending on weekends around these parts.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #186
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
California is an odd place. The center-east is pretty normal, but everything is controlled by the 5-10 western-most miles of California due to population. I swear that 5 mile strip has absolutely -0- clue what is going on in the rest of the world. If you ask them, they think everyone is running around in General Lee type cars with no catalytic converters shooting out the windows while drinking natty-lite.

When they head inland it's like they're expecting an Amish Day festival to occur before their eyes while they drink red wine and sample local cheese. It FEELS so condescending on weekends around these parts.
I will admit your area is one of the few places I like about this State, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #187
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
You aren't missing anything except the Pacific. Too many people are too up tight about too much stuff. Seeing what other states have access to and seeing what we're limited to is really frustrating.
And really, the Pacific by Cali is ALWAYS cold thanks to that lovely current going by. Now, you go to Okinawa or Hawaii, THAT is some beautiful ocean there!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #188
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
And really, the Pacific by Cali is ALWAYS cold thanks to that lovely current going by. Now, you go to Okinawa or Hawaii, THAT is some beautiful ocean there!
My mom is Okinawan. I visited there about 20 years ago and you're totally right

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #189
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
My mom is Okinawan. I visited there about 20 years ago and you're totally right
Awesome I was stationed there for a couple years, loved it! Definitely some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #190
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Awesome I was stationed there for a couple years, loved it! Definitely some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Well - thanks for your service

That's how my dad met my mom, lol. He was a radar operator and she worked in the kitchen.

I remember those beautiful blue waters. I never did go swimming though. My dad says he loved scubba diving there.

Can't own a gun there though, to my understanding; I guess it could be worse for me as a Californian, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #191
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Wow, the state of NC just legalized "bow hunting and falconry" on SUNDAY's (in the bible belt no less). Been a no hunt law since 1868. I see fire arms being legal on Sunday coming in our future... Yea...
We can hunt on sundays here. i am surprised that's a law.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #192
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post

Yea, It is pretty ridiculous. Every time I hear or have to say the phrase "evil features" i just have to and

Like 10 rounds is any less dangerous than 30 rounds. But I guess it's better than 0 rounds right? lol.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #193
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
My girlfriend's boss bought himself a Barret M107 for x-mas last year. Damn, what a bada$$ gun. I have come to find out he has over 200 guns. I don't have own any myself.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #194
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Yea, It is pretty ridiculous. Every time I hear or have to say the phrase "evil features" i just have to and

Like 10 rounds is any less dangerous than 30 rounds. But I guess it's better than 0 rounds right? lol.
if you get shot by 3 rounds.... who cares if 27 more comes after it? its those first couple that are the issue
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #195
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

"evil features" are: pistol grip, collapsible stock, fore grip, et al.
Please tell me "evil features" isn't actual legal language out there.

How the hell is an inanimate object evil? Somehow, I have apparently allowed a room full of evil into my own home. How could I have let my guard down?! HOW!!!!!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #196
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
if you get shot by 3 rounds.... who cares if 27 more comes after it? its those first couple that are the issue
THIS!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun