Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Ok let me vent..

Ok.. So tomorrow I was suppose to go and buy a Suzuki GS500F. Apparently thats not going to happen anytime soon. Tonight I was leaving a friends and put my Camaro in reverse. It was hard to get it to move from park to reverse for some weird reason. (automatic btw) Anyways, turns out reverse is in fact neutral....... it goes on like this:

Park is park
reverse is neutral
neutral is over drive
over drive is over drive
drive is over drive
2nd is over drive

I'm assuming the linkage is messed up or reverse went out in the tranny... or whatever I'm pissed. Meaning 1200 bucks to replace roughly (the trans, my guess). I assume I'm just going to fix it and sell the damn car. Its a great car just gives me some problems randomly.. First it was the fuel pump, then the water pump, then the distributor, then some wiring, now the tranny. Everything on it is like brand new but yet it keeps giving me grief. Sorry for the rant but its really bothering me and something I can't afford much longer. I'm sure the second I get it fixed and sell it will run great, thats just my luck. What makes matters worse is, I'm 18, going to college in a few months, go to school while working full time at Sonic, and my dad decides to accuse me of abusing the car even though I rarely get on the throttle. Plus everything I've replaced on it, it ran better under my ownership plus looked a lot cleaner inside AND out. Not to mention its a 93 Camaro. This is 2008.. big difference between the years there.. I don't know what else to say, just fed up.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sorry to hear about your problems, but to honest I think bikes are an absolutely terrible waste of money and your well being. I have a friend that is completely different (personality wise) because he had a head trauma, and that was at low speed. I'm sure you can image that he might not have had a head if he was going 10-20mph faster. Sorry dude, but just don't waste your money. Stick to the cars.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
I've had a Ducati before, its nothing new, the GS500 is 400 CC's less than the Ducati I had before and would be nothing to me. Just that doesn't matter anymore. Not getting a bike anymore : |

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
Sounds like my '94... I technically should have two of them in the driveway for how much I have stuck into mine, but I just can't part with the damn thing! (ps it sucks way worse the 2nd time to replace the tranny)
Old 03-30-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems, but to honest I think bikes are an absolutely terrible waste of money and your well being. I have a friend that is completely different (personality wise) because he had a head trauma, and that was at low speed. I'm sure you can image that he might not have had a head if he was going 10-20mph faster. Sorry dude, but just don't waste your money. Stick to the cars.
Yep. Helped out on an acc where biker lost his head.

Old friends face was smashed flat after avoiding the car that pulled out in front of him. He was like a baby again for months. Eventually, he got back to his old self. But, the scars are there for life.

Other friend wrecked out and went flying over a guardrail striking his hip on a wooden post holding up the guardrail. Well, he broke his pelvis in front and back (snapped on both side). Airlifed out to hosp and now is better....but has 20K left in hosp bills....

IF you were to get one, be careful!!! And, sorry to hear about the Camaro. I'd try to hold onto it, get it fixed, and hold off for the 5th Gen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I've had a Ducati before, its nothing new, the GS500 is 400 CC's less than the Ducati I had before and would be nothing to me. Just that doesn't matter anymore. Not getting a bike anymore : |
what Ducati did you have? i have a 97 750 monster, i love that bike. i really want the new 1098, but i would rather get a new camaro.

i haven't rode in awhile i need to get my 12k work done on it and buy tires, the shop quoted me like $1200 for all the work. that is a big hit to my camaro fund. so it sits in my garage just waiting.

Last edited by swazworth; 03-31-2008 at 12:03 PM.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #7
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
My doctor has a sign in his office:
Buy your child a motorcycle for his "last" birthday.
For those brave at heart I wish you well, I'll stick to having 3000+ pounds of metal wrapped around my as*...
I hope your troubles are not as bad as the seem, good luck and I hope you manage to keep the car.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
when you say you've had trouble shifting from park to reverse, are you talking about not being able to push the button in on the shifter, or when youve pushed the button in, it wont move back?

if you've had to force it from time to time you might have busted the reverse lockout solenoid or your reverse clutchpacks are toast.

also when you are putting it in gear, are you going by feel or what the console says?

something to check out real quick, pull the shifter cover plate up real quick and inspect the plastic gear teeth that hold the shifter in the correct position. those could be worn down too far allowing the shifter to not be in the correct gear.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
All the failures are GM parts, not just Camaro parts. My 1984 Camaro was such a POS, I haven't set foot on a GM lot for 25 years. All my Japenese cars just go. No breakdowns, no repeated failures, etc.

GM had better make this Camaro quality or they are done. They lost 32 billion dollars last year, that's BILLION dollars.

Of all the exciting talk about the fifth gen, part of me is wondering will this be another POS, that no matter how well it drives, feels, and looks could be a horrible nightmare - again.

Good news is the Oshawa, Ontario plant that is going to build the new Camaro has an excellent track record for build quality.

Have no doubt GM, this one is do or die!

Please make me a quality American (uh, Austrailian-uh, Canadian) car.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I haven't set foot on a GM lot for 25 years.
I think perhaps it's time you do that again...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
They lost 32 billion dollars last year, that's BILLION dollars.
It was a tax technicality. They didn't actually lose that much money. So...no big deal on that front. Just another example of how the media blows things out of proportion AND context.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
camaro5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think perhaps it's time you do that again...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

It was a tax technicality. They didn't actually lose that much money. So...no big deal on that front. Just another example of how the media blows things out of proportion AND context.
I agree...I actually did look at the G8 just last week and it is a sweety

I agree with this too...Bob Lutz is the best thing they've done in many years. This guy is a true car nut. If they get more new product right, they could be making billions shortly.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
All the failures are GM parts, not just Camaro parts. My 1984 Camaro was such a POS, I haven't set foot on a GM lot for 25 years. All my Japenese cars just go. No breakdowns, no repeated failures, etc.
thats cus you cant push a maxima the same way you can push a camaro. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
camaro5

Spike, you obviously have never been in a 2000's Maxima with a 5 speed manual. 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds and 25 mpg. Carefree joy!

It's front wheel drive I've had enough of.

And, I do want a good ol' small block. I just don't want a rear main seal leak, valve stem seals that go bad repeatedly, etc., etc.

I just do not want to become best friends with the service department anymore...
Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #14
Ottenbacher2

Drives: 2000 Camaro
I've had my Camaro for 5 years and 75,000 miles and it's only been in the shop once. I also had a 93 Cavalier and put 50,000 miles on it and never had a problem with it.
Ottenbacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote