Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
So I ended up ordering giovanna MECCAs...I loved them, but they didn't fit on the rear :-( (my worst fear). The guy at the tire shop swears the 1/8" spacers won't cause me any grief.

This car is my every day driver and I plan to take it to the track occasionally. Everything I've heard about spacers is negative. I had them put my originals back on, but they are holding the wheels for me while I seek other opinions.

Wheel experts...should I keep looking? Or go with the spacers? I'll add a picture when I get home, they are really sharp wheels.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I think the textured looks cheap. Do gloss gunmetal!
That's the color of F14s I ordered with a red pinstripe on the outer lip. Tried to order the color of your wheels but Tony said the black graphite is likely discontinued because of quality issues with the finish. He said gloss gunmetal gray would be the closest finish so that's what I ordered. Can't wait to get them.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Texture vs Smooth... The one on the right looks much better IMO

I think textured looks better. I don't care for how the sun glares off of the gloss wheels.

Back on topic, I've had my wheels for over a year and they still look brand new!!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post

Wheel experts...should I keep looking? Or go with the spacers? I'll add a picture when I get home, they are really sharp wheels.
Custom wheels take time to build. But, in the end you get exactly what you want. 2 months flies by. I have other brands that cost more and also offer rush build fees for those who are impatient and have wallet depth

Just say NO to spacers. That is an awful compromise. I'd rather wait 2 years than run spacers.

Tony
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Custom wheels take time to build. But, in the end you get exactly what you want. 2 months flies by. I have other brands that cost more and also offer rush build fees for those who are impatient and have wallet depth

Just say NO to spacers. That is an awful compromise. I'd rather wait 2 years than run spacers.

Tony
Yeah, I got my wheels last week and as soon as I saw them I forgot all about my wait time, they are gorgeous! Thanks again Tony! The offset we chose fit PERFECT, but the tires I bought, not so much. Oh well they were cheap and I'll get some better ones later.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Post pics of Ginger and her new shoes!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #21
gl2filmerguy

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro SS/RS
I just found out 1 of mine is bent : ( I have had mine for about a year now
gl2filmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
SinfulCamaro
Sinful Camaro

Drives: BLACK 2010 2SS RS
WHAT DO THE CEC C884 22" in matte BLACK RUN? THEY ARE GOOD LOOKING GOOD CHOICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montducati View Post
8 weeks minimum for sure , I'm into 8 weeks now (others are 13+) and they keep pulling my chain as to when I will receive them. They told me over a month ago I could not change the color because they were too far into the process of producing the wheel, how's that for a blatant lie. If they were at the point of finishing my wheels a month ago the wheels should be on my car now.

I was convinced by the vendor that textured finish was the best choice, judging from the pics above I think it was the wrong choice.

I would go with the CEC if I were you, they look nice.
SinfulCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl2filmerguy View Post
I just found out 1 of mine is bent : ( I have had mine for about a year now

Wait how is it bent? Did you hit a pothole?
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Thanks Tony! Spoken like a guy who sells perfect fitting wheels that may just be worth the wait . I wish I would have gotten in touch with you earlier to buy the CF5s while you had them.

I'm going to pass on the spacers, but i haven't given up the search for prefab tires that fit with a fast turnaround...yet. I'm leaning towards Matte Black now over the grey. If you have a 5 spoke (solid spokes) wheel in matte black that fits, let me know.

Quote:
WHAT DO THE CEC C884 22" in matte BLACK RUN? THEY ARE GOOD LOOKING GOOD CHOICE
I'm sticking w/20"...I'm planning to race my car and everything I read says smaller rims are better. 18" would be better than 20", but i am compromising by sticking w/the 20'. I got 2 responses on the CEC C884's, one was they didn't fit, and the other was they would custum build for me for $8K and I assume a long wait (I'll definitely go to Tony first).

Quote:
Yeah, I got my wheels last week and as soon as I saw them I forgot all about my wait time, they are gorgeous! Thanks again Tony! The offset we chose fit PERFECT, but the tires I bought, not so much. Oh well they were cheap and I'll get some better ones later.
Sux2bu, i'm not sure i caught why you are replacing your forgestar's? I'm still shying away from them based on some bad press the company has received on this forum (besides the long wait).

In the end, I'll probably be crawling back to Tony to order Forgestar CF5s after sleeplessly searching for weeks for a faster alternative...(of course i want to find out gl2filmerguy got bent).
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post

Sux2bu, i'm not sure i caught why you are replacing your forgestar's? I'm still shying away from them based on some bad press the company has received on this forum (besides the long wait).

In the end, I'll probably be crawling back to Tony to order Forgestar CF5s after sleeplessly searching for weeks for a faster alternative...(of course i want to find out gl2filmerguy got bent).
It's kind of a long boring story. My first set, I wanted the widest possible out back and the narrowest possible up front. Hence the 18x8.5/18x11. After I bought some skinnies for the track I no longer needed my narrow F14 fronts and I kind of wanted to go more to the handling side of things so I ordered some 18x10 for the front. I put my 18x8.5s up for sale but knew it would be hard to sell just two wheels so I also put them up for sale as a whole set with the 18x11. If the whole set sold I would order another set of 18x10 so I would have a squared set up and rotate them. Ended up selling the whole set, so here we are.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Ended up w/XO Miami's w/cutom Matte Black

To close out this thread, i ended up w/XO Miami's on my 3rd try. I ordered from Mike @ BestWheelDeals and 2 weeks later they were on my car. I love them. I posted lots of pics here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234608

Here are a few:

Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #27
Montducati

Drives: 45th Edition SS, Ducati Diavel, 996
Nice looking wheels and car, congrats
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
Blown396

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Looks Good!!! Nice choice
Blown396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags