Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
2ss weighs at 4000-4100, zl1 weighs at 4100-4200, and why isnt ne one comparing the shelby 2013 with 650 hp( not a lot to compare to lol)
2SS weighs 3850...ZL1 weighs 4100...
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
While I agree that given a fully optioned 2SS at lets say 42k and a base 392 SRT Challenger at 44.5K the Challenger is the better deal, but to option out the Challenger as most would like will put the sticker closer to the 48-50k range.
You have to consider though, until 13 the only options the SRT really has that are available on the Camaro are the qutomatic transmission and sunroof, the Camaro does not as of yet offer nav until 13 and the Boston Accoustics the SRT comes with standard is basically equal to the top SS stereo (the Camaro offers nothing like the 9 speak Harmon kardon or whatever it is called).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
So here's my recommendation. If you like the Challenger GO BUY ONE and post in their forum. All due respect, but we bought Camaros because we love them. It was not all about cost. You have to pay for nice things. If you cannot afford one, so be it. It was not meant for everyone. It's a luxury. Ther are KIA's for everyone else as basic transportation.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
WTF is HILL ASSIST?

I'm guessing it's to keep the car from rolling backward when the foot lifts off the brake to go to the gas?

OMFG..............
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
WTF is HILL ASSIST?

I'm guessing it's to keep the car from rolling backward when the foot lifts off the brake to go to the gas?

OMFG..............
LOL no, it helps you get your manual car started on a hill, the way I understand it.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
LOL no, it helps you get your manual car started on a hill, the way I understand it.

Ah crap.

I was hoping it was a nanny for stick drivers. LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Ah crap.

I was hoping it was a nanny for stick drivers. LOL
Yeah those stick drivers need all the nanny's they can get... hill assist, skip shift, launch control...yada yada yada...

might as well just get an auto...
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yeah those stick drivers need all the nanny's they can get... hill assist, skip shift, launch control...yada yada yada...

might as well just get an auto...
Funny....silly auto guys keep having their laziness threatened...sport modes, paddle shifters...pretty soon I wouldn't be surprised to see a fake clutch pedal that blips the throttle for giggles....

may as well just get a stick!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
WTF is HILL ASSIST?

OMFG..............
It uses yaw sensors and pitch sensors to hold the vehicle (manual trans) in place on a hill while you let out on the clutch. Sonic has it and some trucks.

nanny......... but great when teaching a 15 y/o how to drive a stick

Expensive is a relative term. To me, yes, the Camaro 2SS is expensive. But I see this has turned into another "You better know everything about the Challenger SRT PDQ LMNOP 47.5.... and a half", before you post thread.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaynard View Post
So here's my recommendation. If you like the Challenger GO BUY ONE and post in their forum. All due respect, but we bought Camaros because we love them. It was not all about cost. You have to pay for nice things. If you cannot afford one, so be it. It was not meant for everyone. It's a luxury. Ther are KIA's for everyone else as basic transportation.
If you are talking to me, I did not diss the Camaro at all, poiint is that you get what you pay for. Camaro is priced right for what it and I think cars like the Boss and 1LE (which will be around 40k on a 1SS) will be worth it too. just that it is all relative. i love them all 3. The SRT8is my favorite Challenger, the Boos my Favorite Mustang and 1LE my favorite Camaro. Hell, it hink the stock Brembos on the Camaro are one of my favorite parts, and the optional FRONT ONLY Brembos on the mustang should be 4 wheels like the SS and SRT8.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #25
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
It uses yaw sensors and pitch sensors to hold the vehicle (manual trans) in place on a hill while you let out on the clutch. Sonic has it and some trucks.

nanny......... but great when teaching a 15 y/o how to drive a stick

Expensive is a relative term. To me, yes, the Camaro 2SS is expensive. But I see this has turned into another "You better know everything about the Challenger SRT PDQ LMNOP 47.5.... and a half", before you post thread.
It's a conversation, i have not said anything bad about the Camaro at all.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Funny....silly auto guys keep having their laziness threatened...sport modes, paddle shifters...pretty soon I wouldn't be surprised to see a fake clutch pedal that blips the throttle for giggles....

may as well just get a stick!
Shew I rememeber when a limited slip differentail was the best traction assist you could get, and I was fine with that.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
It's a conversation, i have not said anything bad about the Camaro at all.
I was just commenting on the OPs question. Expensive is a relative term. And then the hill assist deal. No fouls here.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I was just commenting on the OPs question. Expensive is a relative term. And then the hill assist deal. No fouls here.
It's all good