Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Camaro Ice

Drives: 2012 LT Camaro
Halo Lights Question

I've been really confused on what is needed to get the Halo Light look for a non-RS. I have a non-RS (regular halogen bulbs) and am curious as to exactly what is needed to make the switch from halogen to halo.

Is hid needed to replace halogen? or can you put halos over an ordinary halogen? Is anything else needed such as for wiring?

I was told Eagle Eyes come with equipped hid so I should go for those as nothing else is needed, but really know nothing about them.

Thank you.
Camaro Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I just had my RS headlights installed. All i had to do was get a plug-in-play harness. I can have the halos on by themselves. I thought I heard the Eagle Eyes don't come with HID. I could be wrong though.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Camaro Ice

Drives: 2012 LT Camaro
those are awesome!

would you mind posting or PMing a link to the products it took to get those?
Camaro Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
PM camaro2lt, I think he's still selling RS Headlights new. I got the Demon Eyes from here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231705
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
You can put halos over halogen no problem. If your wanting hid, I would honestly do a projector retrofit. I've done over 6 for a few friends and local members of the car club and they give a much better light output than eagle eyes.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
trav76457

Drives: 2012 LS2 Orange with white stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Ice View Post
I've been really confused on what is needed to get the Halo Light look for a non-RS. I have a non-RS (regular halogen bulbs) and am curious as to exactly what is needed to make the switch from halogen to halo.

Is hid needed to replace halogen? or can you put halos over an ordinary halogen? Is anything else needed such as for wiring?

I was told Eagle Eyes come with equipped hid so I should go for those as nothing else is needed, but really know nothing about them.

Thank you.
The eagle eyes have great light output. I just installed mine this weekend, and could not be happier. My wife just purchased a 2013 mustang a few weeks ago which came equiped with HID projectors, and mine are as good, if not better in my opinion. The retrofit kit is cheaper for sure, and you can do the Halos of choice since you have the housing open, but for me, and the little spare time I have, it was better for me to get a plug-n-play setup. Either way, you will be happy.
Attached Images

trav76457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
I did a retrofit for under $500 with color shift 2.0 halos from AAC. Heres my thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201133

Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
I did the same as austingjames but i went with flashtech white halos and morimoto mini h1 kit .My total cost was bout 300$ or so in parts.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
I did a retrofit for under $500 with color shift 2.0 halos from AAC. Heres my thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201133

any way in the future, I could meet up with you and get help on doing this? I would love some HIDs! I'm around the Tampa area every other weekend and lakeland isn't too far of a drive for me...

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
any way in the future, I could meet up with you and get help on doing this? I would love some HIDs! I'm around the Tampa area every other weekend and lakeland isn't too far of a drive for me...
Sure thing man, I've done this install for a few people now. Just PM me with a week or 2 heads up and we can get it done, no problem at all.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Sure thing man, I've done this install for a few people now. Just PM me with a week or 2 heads up and we can get it done, no problem at all.
Sounds great, thanks! But first got to get the moolah Not easy living and modding on a college student budget!

How much do you think it costs, considering I already have the halos?

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Sounds great, thanks! But first got to get the moolah Not easy living and modding on a college student budget!

How much do you think it costs, considering I already have the halos?
I hear ya man, been to college and know that feeling for sure. Also, it will be $250ish maybe less, for the Hid kit and projectors since you already have the halos.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
I hear ya man, been to college and know that feeling for sure. Also, it will be $250ish maybe less, for the Hid kit and projectors since you already have the halos.
Thanks man, appreciate the responses! And yeah I'll be saving up for a bit! Now I'm going to stop hijacking the OP's thread lol

Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
XxManontheMoonxX

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
I did the same as austingjames but i went with flashtech white halos and morimoto mini h1 kit .My total cost was bout 300$ or so in parts.
What lights are those in your fogs?
XxManontheMoonxX is offline   Reply With Quote