Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
What's up with Challenger sales?

I was looking at trucks with a buddy of mine yesterday and we stopped by the Dodge dealer only because I saw a Challenger outside and wanted to look because I hadn't seen a production one up close. THEY HAD 7!!!! I thought these were rare right now, limited production etc!! I have to admit, that car is hot! it was funny though, the window stickers were either on the passenger seat or on the dash and the build sheet was stapled to them on the side where the gas milage is! Hmmmm

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Did you ask if they were selling them at MSRP or had them marked up? I bet the reasion is they have them marked way up and people are tires of that kind of stuff. I have never paid over MSRP and I never will. and if everyone would stick to that then the proctice would stop. But you always have those with more money than sense and they will spend anything just to get one of the first ones.
There are dealers that are not marking up the Challengers
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
I saw one Saturday at a PDR/custom shop in Frisco ('burb of Dallas) - all Black, very nice. Talked to the guys there, turns out the owner paid $70k for it - there are only about 15 in the metroplex. Guy is putting a lot of custom parts on it and putting the stock pieces in storage, going to drive it about 500 miles a year, then sell it as a collector's item in 10-15 years. They said he traded in '2 of his Harleys' for it. o_0
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
They have 7 due to markups no one is going to buy them that is why I am ordering an 09 below msrp or just taking one of these dusting off the lots in about 6 months.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
They have 7 due to markups no one is going to buy them that is why I am ordering an 09 below msrp or just taking one of these dusting off the lots in about 6 months.
This is why, A LOT of dealers are refusing to sell unless they get 20k in a markup because the general consensus is that the 08's will become collectors items due to the limited production/options ect.. they are TRYING to create a situation like the copo camaros back in the day.

Personally I think it will work, BUT 10-15 years isn't going to be long enough. Your going to have to wait for 25+ for them to reach parity or better value wise.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
id still rather go buy a 71' challenger than drive that boat
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 AM   #7
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Did you ask if they were selling them at MSRP or had them marked up? I bet the reasion is they have them marked way up and people are tires of that kind of stuff. I have never paid over MSRP and I never will. and if everyone would stick to that then the proctice would stop. But you always have those with more money than sense and they will spend anything just to get one of the first ones.
There are dealers that are not marking up the Challengers
I couldn't ask anything as they were closed. I didn't see any addendum stickers on them though. I don't think, in my area anyway, they are going to get a markup on them so late in the '08 model year. Besides, with gas still as high as it is and the SRT using premium, it's not like they can charge what the Toyota dealer is putting on the Prius.....$3000.00!!!
Anyway, part of the reason could be the lack of a mechanical LSD....

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote