Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #15
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
thanks for the honest replys but please use IMO in your post something isn't terrible looking just because you say so. I like the styiling of the challenger more than the camaro. I hagte the rear of the camaro it is hideous IMO but I also dislike the interior of the challenger but that is easily fixed.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
^ To my knowledge, nobody "trashed" the Challenger. You are on a GM forum, so yes we will probably be slightly bias, ok really bias, toward the Camaro... but this doesnt mean we are "fanboys." Most of us do like all muscle cars, Mustangs, Challengers, and Chargers (so it has 4 doors, it's a muscle car in my book ), we just lean hard toward the Camaro. There is nothing wrong with that, and that doesnt mean you have to put us all under one label, just because we like one more than the others.

And just for the record, the Challenger is one of the most attractive cars I have ever seen, IMO. The Camaro just looks better
Oh, no doubt, and obviously I joined this site because I have an interest in the Camaro as well. The fact of the matter is, I plan to have one in the garage next to the GT500 and, like that car, it will be modded and driven.

My issue is with the folks who act like GM is the only manufacturer capable of producing a performance car and anything other than a GM product is a second-rate vehicle. I understand those people exist and, chances are, I will encounter a lot of them on a board that is geared toward the Camaro.

Because I have a GT500 in my signature, some will assume I'm a Ford fanboy or troll, but that is certainly not the case. Prior to getting the GT500, I drove a modded 2006 GTO. I also have a '65 Mustang Fastback in the garage along with two Mopar products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Don't condone a whole forum for something one or two people say. I'm sure there's at least one or two people on challenger forums that bash the camaro. I personally like the look of the Challenger, sure it's slightly botched, but doesn't mean I hate it.

Please choose your words carefully garagelogic.
LOL, that's kind of funny. I'm pretty sure you meant to use the word "condemn" instead of "condone" and then you tell me to choose my words carefully.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Especially when they are right, huh?
Not really It's your opinion, I just happen to dissagree.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #18
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Don't condone a whole forum for something one or two people say. I'm sure there's at least one or two people on challenger forums that bash the camaro. I personally like the look of the Challenger, sure it's slightly botched, but doesn't mean I hate it.

Please choose your words carefully garagelogic.

To be honest I posted some camaro picks and the info on various forums including ford and mopar sites, and other than the rear end they said its a gorgeous car, and they can't wait to pull up to one at a stop light, serious there were almost no bashing from the guys who have challys,

The Camaro is going to shine, hopefully the Challenger and Mustang too, It would be so nice if the three top dogs team and kick some import ass

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I agree, MM.

Also, the key word in your post was "ALMOST".

Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #20
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
There was one guy:

Quote:
I'm sick of those Fuc#### chevy fan boys, I sick of them calling my SRT8 a pig, but we got the last laugh now, 3864lb is consider a pig too as#holes, they only got us about 294lb
I think he got banned lol

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
LOL, that's kind of funny. I'm pretty sure you meant to use the word "condemn" instead of "condone" and then you tell me to choose my words carefully.
But the point remains....don't go throwing around "fanboys" because a decent amount of people around here don't like the Challenger. You're on a Camaro site: most people here will like the Camaro first and foremost...that's not to be unexpected.

Besides, if you hang around for any length of time, I think you'll come to see that there is also a decent amount of people who actually DO like the Challenger's looks. So hang on to that "fanboy" statement.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #22
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But the point remains....don't go throwing around "fanboys" because a decent amount of people around here don't like the Challenger. You're on a Camaro site: most people here will like the Camaro first and foremost...that's not to be unexpected.

Besides, if you hang around for any length of time, I think you'll come to see that there is also a decent amount of people who actually DO like the Challenger's looks. So hang on to that "fanboy" statement.

Well put..
Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #23
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post

Pardon a brain fart as I take a break from working on a very important document for a client here at work. Sheesh.

If you understood that mishap, than you obviously got my point. Do you speak gibberish as well?

Like I said before. Quit being judgemental and trying to pick fights with people who aren't against you.

As for the whole chally vs. camaro styling, they have similar styling cues but look VERY different, especially from the door handles back.

Camaro has a more streamlined rear window, whereas the chally looks like a 65 mustang non fastback. The shape of that rear quarter-window is ugly imo. Looks like someone took the camaro's window and put it in the garbage compactor.

The Camaro has a rounded rear end, whereas again, the chally looks like a 64-66 mustang. Very flat and bland. The single lens from the concept was banging, but I'm not feeling the lights on the production model.

The front looks very similar in profile, but look at it head on. The Camaro has perspecitve lines, you can see a shape other than the rectangle with 4 circles that is the chally's grill. Looks like a 4 year old's first drawing of a car head on in pre-school.

The interior of the Camaro just blows the chally out of the water. There's no need to even touch on that subject.

The side mirrors are different as well. The Camaro's flow with the lines of the car. They look like they belong. The chally's look like a le mans car mirrors, someone grapped a mechanics snakelight, slapped a mirror fragment on and superglued it on the door.

There are things I like about the Camaro. There are things I like about the Challenger. There are things I like about the Mustang.

The original poster has his opinion, you have yours. Slinging insults and trying to put the original poster down for exercising his right to free speech and calling him a fanboy makes you look like a fanboy yourself. Are you trying to look like a hypocrite?

I defend your point and say I like the chally's looks, and ask you to not generalize, then you attack me of all people...
Advice for other forum members...:troll:
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 AM   #24
kevin2323

Quote:
Pardon a brain fart as I take a break from working on a very important document for a client here at work. Sheesh.

If you understood that mishap, than you obviously got my point. Do you speak gibberish as well?

Like I said before. Quit being judgemental and trying to pick fights with people who aren't against you.

As for the whole chally vs. camaro styling, they have similar styling cues but look VERY different, especially from the door handles back.

Camaro has a more streamlined rear window, whereas the chally looks like a 65 mustang non fastback. The shape of that rear quarter-window is ugly imo. Looks like someone took the camaro's window and put it in the garbage compactor.

The Camaro has a rounded rear end, whereas again, the chally looks like a 64-66 mustang. Very flat and bland. The single lens from the concept was banging, but I'm not feeling the lights on the production model.

The front looks very similar in profile, but look at it head on. The Camaro has perspecitve lines, you can see a shape other than the rectangle with 4 circles that is the chally's grill. Looks like a 4 year old's first drawing of a car head on in pre-school.

The interior of the Camaro just blows the chally out of the water. There's no need to even touch on that subject.

The side mirrors are different as well. The Camaro's flow with the lines of the car. They look like they belong. The chally's look like a le mans car mirrors, someone grapped a mechanics snakelight, slapped a mirror fragment on and superglued it on the door.

There are things I like about the Camaro. There are things I like about the Challenger. There are things I like about the Mustang.

The original poster has his opinion, you have yours. Slinging insults and trying to put the original poster down for exercising his right to free speech and calling him a fanboy makes you look like a fanboy yourself. Are you trying to look like a hypocrite?

I defend your point and say I like the chally's looks, and ask you to not generalize, then you attack me of all people...
Advice for other forum members...:troll:

Nice points now change the word challenger in the negative sentences to camaro and there is my opinion(I'm such a lazy writer). Anyhow love both cars I just think the challenger got the car dead on on looks with the retro the front is square because the old ones were too. Glad to see some nice discussion here. Can't wait to get my challenger.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 AM   #25
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

oh, I'm not criticizing that the rectangle looks bad. I just like the design of the camaro better. I know the old ones were boxy, and that it was the intention to remake the new one almost exactly the same. I commend them on that. Keeping it true to the old school, like the new street fighter. Old school engine and characters, new graphics.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 AM   #26
kevin2323

Quote:
oh, I'm not criticizing that the rectangle looks bad. I just like the design of the camaro better. I know the old ones were boxy, and that it was the intention to remake the new one almost exactly the same. I commend them on that. Keeping it true to the old school, like the new street fighter. Old school engine and characters, new graphics.
Couldn't have said it better myself buddy. Better show some picks of the maro when you get one .
Old 07-31-2008, 02:29 AM   #27
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Hopefully I can get the one chopped in my sig. If not I might be going black and getting custom stripes. You can bet I'll have pics/movies/etc.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 AM   #28
kevin2323

sweet