Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
neogenix

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS - Black
Send a message via AIM to neogenix Send a message via MSN to neogenix Send a message via Yahoo to neogenix Send a message via Skype™ to neogenix
GM-X, OEM-X Ground Effects Experience?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any experience with the GM-X, or OEM-X type ground effects. Essentially they're seemingly copies of the GM versions, but I'm wondering how they fit, if they're reasonable quality? They're around 50 - 75 % less than the GM equiv.
neogenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
where are you finding these Neogenix? I'm looking for a kit for mine but not too many available for the v6.
novice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
millville resident

Drives: H3, 2010 Camaro
Hey guys, before you order them based off of price, take a look at the rear GM-X. The pictures on all the websites (that I have seen) all look like copies of the GFX but when I received an ACTUAL picture of the item, it was very underwelming. The side skirts and fron lip look awesome but the rear look pretty bad (IMHO).
Here is a pic of one from a company that sells the GM-X.
Attached Images

millville resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Where did you get them from? OP and millville?
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
millville resident

Drives: H3, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Where did you get them from? OP and millville?
Driven by style is where I was checking things out (it seemed inexpensive and they had awesome customer service).

Other sites that offer it in pieces or as a whole set.

Newcamaroparts.net
Bodykits.net
customautotrim.com
shop4bodykits.com

I did a lot of research and ended up with something totally different regarding body kits.
I ended up getting the stillen front lip and side skirts and the GM rear with MBRP square exhuast tips for a more complete look to the GFX Rear openings.
I hope this info was helpful.
-Millville
millville resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
neogenix

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS - Black
Send a message via AIM to neogenix Send a message via MSN to neogenix Send a message via Yahoo to neogenix Send a message via Skype™ to neogenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
where are you finding these Neogenix? I'm looking for a kit for mine but not too many available for the v6.
Look at Millville's post, he found the same places that I did. EBay also has some vendors. As he pointed out though, they're 'different' and do have some quirks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millville resident View Post
Hey guys, before you order them based off of price, take a look at the rear GM-X. The pictures on all the websites (that I have seen) all look like copies of the GFX but when I received an ACTUAL picture of the item, it was very underwelming. The side skirts and fron lip look awesome but the rear look pretty bad (IMHO).
Yup, that's correct so far, which is what I was wondering about. What I was thinking though is that I could get the inserts separately, which would make up for it, but at that rate it's certainly getting cheaper to go straight for a reasonably priced GFX kit.

Quote:
Driven by style is where I was checking things out (it seemed inexpensive and they had awesome customer service).

Other sites that offer it in pieces or as a whole set.

Newcamaroparts.net
Bodykits.net
customautotrim.com
shop4bodykits.com

I did a lot of research and ended up with something totally different regarding body kits.
I ended up getting the stillen front lip and side skirts and the GM rear with MBRP square exhuast tips for a more complete look to the GFX Rear openings.
I hope this info was helpful.
-Millville
Do you have pics of what yours ended up like somewhere?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Craigslist and found the oem sides and back for 100.00 each
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
TiiKiiArt
Casper the Camaro

Drives: Summit White 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6m
Quote:
+1

I just bought a Gm-x kit from CARID.com and the rear piece doesn't fit at all...Customer support is horrible about getting back to me, its been a week..
TiiKiiArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
I bought a couple of these urethane copy-cat front spoilers to check out the quality. Trust me you dont want them at any price. I wont even go into who I bought them from and what a** he was about returning them. Typically these things are folded or rolled in a ball before being jammed in a box. I am certain the pictures you see for them on their website are photos of the actual GM parts, not what you are going to get if you make the mistake of ordering them.
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
TiiKiiArt
Casper the Camaro

Drives: Summit White 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
I bought a couple of these urethane copy-cat front spoilers to check out the quality. Trust me you dont want them at any price. I wont even go into who I bought them from and what a** he was about returning them. Typically these things are folded or rolled in a ball before being jammed in a box. I am certain the pictures you see for them on their website are photos of the actual GM parts, not what you are going to get if you make the mistake of ordering them.

My front spoiler fits fine it's the bumper piece that's about an inch off. did you buy and try any of these or just the front spoiler?
TiiKiiArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
calegarrison
Cale Garrison

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE Camaro
Send a message via AIM to calegarrison
i am going with a razzi!!

22" Helo 844 Wheels
5% Tint
Blacked Out Taillights, Foglights, Sidemarkers Bowties , Taillight Bezels Reverse Lights
Synergy Green Matched G2 Brake Caliper Paint
Magnetic Trunk Blackout
AAC Lighting
Replaced Factory Blue Interior LEDs with Green
Black Gill Inserts
Synergy Green Engine Cover and Fuse Box
Vararam CAI with Green Air Filter

COMING SOON!

ARH Longtube Headers
MRT 2.0 Exhaust
Trifecta Ghost Cam
Synergy Green Heritage Grill