Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Listen to the GM announcement live today at noon....

For anyone interested in hearing GM's news conference, WWJ news in Detroit will be broadcasting liev at noon EST:

http://www.wwj.com/
Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
GM will not release a list of the dealers. They will leave it up to each dealer to inform their customers as they see fit.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
GM will not release a list of the dealers. They will leave it up to each dealer to inform their customers as they see fit.
If that's the case, I think GM is making a big mistake. People will stay away from going to any GM dealers (even the ones that aren't closing) because they will be unsure whether the dealership might close the next day, week, month, etc.

Do you really think many of the closing dealers won't keep it a secret as long as possible. It would be in their best interest to do so. Offer fantastic deals on customer ordered cars, and take deposites right up to the day they file their own Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Oh what a mess this is going to be. No list, It almost gets into a case of fraud having a dealer that will close representing that they are going to be there to service that vehicle down the road. And as was stated. Auction off to the highest bidder all cars including preordered.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Listened to the whole thing. Did I hear correctly that GM wants to close 50% of the dealers by 2010 that this is only the start? This was quickly mentioned as a goal in the last 10 seconds..
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Around 2,300 dealers total by end of 2010 if you run the numbers.

In the absence of communication you get rumors. You see it on here everyday. The more GM communicates the better they control the meassage. Right now the message is controled by fear mongers.
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well, at this point I'm soooooo glad I decided to order my car early and not wait. Now I'm just hoping to get it in time for my dealer not to be cut and keep my deposit.

This is not a rumor or fear spreading. I'm just being honest with the info I have allready. My dealer didn't take HALF the orders the others in my area because they reqired twice the deposit.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
Bowtie Girl

Drives: Black 2LT RS Auto 20" Polished
Just spoke to my dealer here in So. Cal. They are not affected by the closures.......Yahoo! They also said they think things will go much faster after the June 1 reorganization. Let's hope for all of us that it is true.
Bowtie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Since there is no list that means that all the dealers that are closing shouldnt accept deposits for orders that they know they wont be able to fill. HMMM wonder if they will be honest ? NOT
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
You know there are pre orders out there over the allocation guide for dealers too...those are the ones that are in trouble I'd think.

If you pre ordered and the dealer stayed within the guide thru Q3...you would be fine I'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Girl View Post
They also said they think things will go much faster after the June 1 reorganization. Let's hope for all of us that it is true.
So a hint into the future?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I cant believe that GM wont release a list of the dealers not being renewed. Its only cause tons of confusion as to which dealer is going to stay open and its going to leave the door WAY open for dealers to lie to customers about staying open. Lets face it, this is a STUPID option to do.

Closing dealers is the way to go though. They have to get rid of some of them somehow.

Here we come Chapter 11!!
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
They're not realeasing a list because it's not 100% up to them, and would reflect terribly if the dealer refused to shut down...they really have no choice until they're in court.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Another reason why GM needs to file for bankruptcy.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
No way dealer that is getting the axe is going to tell potential customers they are closing? That would be very bad for business. Hell, they probably won't tell their own employees until the day they padlock the doors.