Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #85
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
How do people learn this programming so young? Not just you but the others who started programming out of the womb as well. I'm 20 now and I took C++ programming a year ago and passed by the skin of my teeth with a you guessed it, C+. After functions and arrays I was LOST!

And yes, 5 stars ***** for the crash rating everyone else pretty much covered it.
Lol, i did the same, went to school for web design and HATED C++. I never use it, tho it help's when you try to learn PHP.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #86
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
Ah nice, same as me. I own http://goldfirestudios.com as you might have noticed, I'm 20 now though, started when I was 13 though.
http://jtwebdesign.ca Owned since about a month ago lol. I just started doing contract work (since working the company I'm at pays crap).
Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #87
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTKSDMJ8 View Post
DKknightx,
Dude, I was trying to be cool about this whole thing but I am SOOO on your side now.

Vizon, if you are still here man, take a chill! This is a site where we all talk about the Camaro. There are people on this site that are very passionate about their beliefs. At one point, you said you were being mature.. Dude, walk the walk man. Take it easy on the "I love me" and focus on the "I love the Camaro". It was a great start on the thread but if you notice, it went south when the $$$$$ issue started. Good luck with your ventures but from someone who has seen some of the good and most of the bad this world has to offer, take it easy on the "how much I have" conversation. You are gonna piss people off man.
I take blame for sure. Half of the problem was my horrible day. Had to pull an all nighter lastnight and drive all over the county and when I posted I was dreading having to do it. It sucked. I'm a self-employed computer technician/consultant and when mainframes go down, I have nobody else to cover for me, but that too is my fault because it is difficult to trust other people to handle my clientel the way I would.

The other half of my arguement I think was a valid one though. Honestly, you can't come to forum about sports/muscle cars, state your age (which admitting your young age doesn't help make any of us feel any more sorry for you), your assets, and your wealth, and expect a chorus of sympathy when a crash test rating on a vehicle is going to increase your car insurance. He's young; might not fully understand what I'm driving at here, but at camaro5.com, please think about how much information you release is personal and how other people might react to it. If you mention anything about the new Camaro, questions, concerns; I've found everything right here at my fingertips and I'm damn thankful for it (though I sound ungrateful at times). It is probably difficult to embrace new followers of this car because the diehards really are passionate about it.

This will only be the second Camaro I've owned (and likely my last until I can retire hopefully and GM is still around), but as I've stated earlier in the past, I've owned 1 x 1998 Camaro Convertible R/S V6, 1 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged with Stage 2 Upgrades, a 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z-26 (which I really loved, but mechanically it was really crappy), and a 1988 Beretta GT V6. Unfortunately when I learned to drive, my first car was a 1985 Dodge Charger hatchback. LOL What a POS. Seriously. My parents owned a used Gen 2 Camaro. Father had 2 Chevrolet Impala station wagons, 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier, 1984 Chevrolet Cavalier and they currently drive a loaded 2001 Malibu. My sister owns a 2009 HHR and she had a 2000 Cavalier before that.

Chevrolet is apart of my entire automotive life and I'm damn proud of it. It also helps identify memories I've had with my family growing up. Definitely a symbol of quality transportation. The 2010 Camaro is a climax for me; probably for a long long time and I couldn't be more stoked and proud to hopefully own one as long as GM stays afloat.

I just have no love of Mustangs or people that flaunt themselves. Please exercise modesty and we'll all get along a bit easier.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #88
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
I am a web developer, I buy, sell, flip and own internet properties. I work for some major companies in NYC and LA.

Thanks for the info everyone.

@camaro_corvette - I am in Greenwood. From your location, we seem close.
Hey bro. I am in indiana also and work with a group for internet marketing and programming. Welcome

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #89
Vizon
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
First off, I stated my current car because if I said "my car is a killer" they are going to ask "what car do you have?" "What camaro will you be ordering, a 6 banger or v8" Those are two huge pieces of information in determining an insurance rate. Another would be age. Everything I said was me thinking ahead. I am pretty good at this due to being a moderator on a large web dev forum.

I wasn't asking for sympathy, just answers.

Just because you've owned a camaro in the past and love chevy gives you no right to disrespect me the way you had. I am not one to go out and brag, I said all of those things when you called me a drug dealer.

When purchasing a sports car, it is vital to know if it is safe 1.) so I don't die doing something stupid 2.) so my insurance is somewhat decent.

This is the last of my speaking to you about the matter, if you'd like to carry on - PM me.
Vizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #90
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Don't crash it and you won't test it!
I'm not worried about me crashing but rather the other driver texting, eating oatmeal, while smoking and picking his nose.

I hope they did their homework on making this car get 5 stars all around, both NHTSA and IIHS.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #91
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
We've been assured that they've done everything in their power to get a 5-star rating all around for this car. And so far, it seems to be in good shape. And when thinking about insurance rates, especially for the SS, I'm glad they did.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #92
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Did I hear someone say something about 5 star ratings?
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #93
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
I'm 19 and have had an ss on order since the 20th of October. Certainly, do not have the cash like this kid, but have worked my ass off like my own father since age of 14. The truth is we are the future and one big reason we as a country are in the financial stature is years upon years doing the wrong way making the rich richer and on the contrary for the poor. I have always been taught and will teach my own kids the following philosophy: If you can not buy it with cash today do not finance it today. Another reason the economy is where its at, because people are greedy and see something that some one else has or needs the two story house in the gated community etc and really can not afford it. This is old news. Look at the gms stock. Not even a dollar and half, this time last year it was well over 15 dollars. If you have the cash, now is the best time to buy anything. Props to the kid with a future, not the kid with no future on his/her mind.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #94
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
I'm 19 and have had an ss on order since the 20th of October. Certainly, do not have the cash like this kid, but have worked my ass off like my own father since age of 14. The truth is we are the future and one big reason we as a country are in the financial stature is years upon years doing the wrong way making the rich richer and on the contrary for the poor. I have always been taught and will teach my own kids the following philosophy: If you can not buy it with cash today do not finance it today. Another reason the economy is where its at, because people are greedy and see something that some one else has or needs the two story house in the gated community etc and really can not afford it. This is old news. Look at the gms stock. Not even a dollar and half, this time last year it was well over 15 dollars. If you have the cash, now is the best time to buy anything. Props to the kid with a future, not the kid with no future on his/her mind.

if only more younger people had this kind of mentality!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #95
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Crash test ratings??

the title says it all.
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #96
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!