Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #57
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
DGthe3's answer was perfect. I'm almost positive the mags and websites all have taken their test drives and have the reviews written up, ready to go. There is usually an embargo in place preventing them from publishing these stories until a time set by GM close to when they're available for sale. Sometimes these embargoes are broken. If that doesn't happen, I'd expect the reviews to come out around the same time dealerships get their 2LT demo cars.
You sure about that?

The magazines want to sell magazines - they're not selling cars. They all want that exclusive "first drive." I don't believe any of them have a full test and review of an SS done, otherwise, word would have leaked out in blogs or by other means. Road and Track already has two test drives of the 2010 Mustang published online, and that car won't be out for months.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #58
MrKrisSullivan
New 2 The "DARK-SIDE"

Drives: 2003 Ram HEMI 4x4 Slt 20in
Yeah whatever.... The Challenger had reviews about it months before production if im not mistaken... And I know for sure there were plenty of reviews before Joe Schmo had his chance to buy one... Maybe they are worried about something...
MrKrisSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #59
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
Yeah whatever.... The Challenger had reviews about it months before production if im not mistaken... And I know for sure there were plenty of reviews before Joe Schmo had his chance to buy one... Maybe they are worried about something...
:bangdesk: :troll:
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #60
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
psh, my dad could totally beat up your dad
Old 01-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #61
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
As I said, embargoes are sometimes broken. Keep in mind at the LA auto show you could sit in a 2010 Mustang that was fully production ready with soft touch plastics and everything. The Camaros at the same show could not be sat in and had non-production plastic in the interiors.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #62
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
If you make it back to STL this summer I'll take you out and scare the hell out of you!!

Just make sure we remember to put some plastic on the seat before you sit down so you don't muss up my leather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Perhaps there will be someone you know who buys one and let's you take it for a ride. Or absence makes the heart grow fonder.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:23 AM   #63
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Exclamation

Quote:
That's exactly what I meant--lets put ALL the chips on the table. And by the way, I KNOW that the Camaro has many advantages over the competition, but there is a certain core group of enthusiasts out there that performance is the first priority!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #64
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
There were reviews over the summer, they were of the V6. And nobody had much in the way of complaints that weren't related to the fact that it was a pre-pro. On paper, the Camaro SS beats all of it competitors in its price range, and GM has said numerous times that they are not worried. I can't figure out what the problem would be. G8 GXP is a good place to base performance numbers off of if anyone is that desperate right now.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #65
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Exactly!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Tidbit: Magazine articles are written at LEAST a month earlier (usually 1.5-2) than you and I are able to read them.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #67
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
That's exactly what I meant--lets put ALL the chips on the table. And by the way, I KNOW that the Camaro has many advantages over the competition, but there is a certain core group of enthusiasts out there that performance is the first priority!
Ugh...after what all the others wrote...this is the one you gravitate to? Seems like you are looking for something to be wrong. It's Chevy, not the X-Files.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #68
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
I have to agree - at this point I am starting to raise an eyebrow at why we haven't seen ANY level of independent testing on the SS. If it is truly related to the month postponing, the issues that caused production to be pushed back must be at least somewhat significant if they can't get a handful of cars ready for a few magazines.
Silliness. The postponing is due to the Boston Acoustics being configured.

"From there, audio integration engineers from Visteon and Boston Acoustics carefully tailor the equalization to the Camaro’s specific interior configurations to accurately reproduce the Boston Sound within the vehicle – transforming the vehicle into an acoustically ideal soundstage. Fabrics, seat placement and instrument panel materials are just a few of the many variables considered when fine-tuning the quality of sound reproduction for the vehicle’s interior."

O_O

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #69
2004 GTO
Banned

Drives: GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
My point was, mustangs never stopped production and produced a retro style in 2005, people bought them up like hotcakes. It should not have taken GM 5 more years to come out with a camaro for the public after they saw the success of the mustang. There is a lesson that should be learned.
2004 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #70
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Plus GM just recently unveiled the finished interior for the SS. I doubt they were going to have it reviewed with the fake interior or if any mag would want to like that.

A review is on the whole car not just the 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote