Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010 camaro with broken lsx 454 block. "HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY GM LS-SERIES ENGINES"

the book titled "HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY GM LS-SERIES ENGINES" states on page 41 "race-boost compression ratios hover in the 10 to 1 to 11 to 1 compression ratio"
my destroyed lsx454 crate motor was 11 to 1 on c-16 with a vortech intercooler.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
OK.
Let's give this one another chance. Please behave everyone.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i respectfully appreciate your benevolence.
you're the best!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
the book titled "HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY GM LS-SERIES ENGINES" states on page 41 "race-boost compression ratios hover in the 10 to 1 to 11 to 1 compression ratio"
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
You really seem to have done a lot of homework, had a great builder and have a ton of statements from GM engine gurus to back up the claim that your build should not have failed. At least not at the point you were at.

Since GM has washed their hands why not simply pursue it in a legal fashion? I highly doubt GM is going to just reconsider their stance at this point. Of course your going to need evidence the block was faulty.

Sorry it was a bust, hope the next build works far better.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Haven't we been through this ad nauseum? We've heard all the arguments pro and con. What more is there to say?

Last edited by Hopper; 02-04-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Well, if someone sell any product and advertise it as that will do whatever it may do and someone buys it because he or she wants to do exactly that and it does not even comes close to the advertised values in my book it may be false advertising , and by ignoring the ones who put money in perfectly good working conditions and do not get the product they were expecting from the seller ads no more no less it is a breach of contract or not so true advertising , just my thoughts !!!
OH , thanks MILK 1027
Old 02-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
anytime something breaks on your car,it seems like the end of the world or at the least makes us very unhappy.it doesn't matter if it cost $10 dollars or in your case $10,000.you had a great motor built and it tore apart on you.believe me,i would not want this to happen to me.but as an old man i will give you a little advise and this is from many years of experience.any time you build a powerful motor and run it you have to assume the worst can happen regardless of whose fault it may be.this is just a fact of life.if you want this much power you have to be prepared to pay the piper.hope you have much better luck with your new monster.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT

again?

Lets get one thing clear.

This site in not here to be used as leverage against any company.

You've made your point more times that we normally allow.

Milk has decided to give this thread temporary quarter, so I'll go with his call.

However, we won't let you use Camaro5 as your bully pulpit much longer.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

again?

Lets get one thing clear.

This site in not here to be used as leverage against any company.

You've made your point more times that we normally allow.

Milk has decided to give this thread temporary quarter, so I'll go with his call.

However, we won't let you use Camaro5 as your bully pulpit much longer.
Thank You!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
I would think it prudent for GM to at least take a look at the block, test the casting and metal then put this to rest once and for all.
The ball is clearly in their court, come on GM: Take the high road!!

As a business man I know there are times when it pays to spend a little to do the wrong thing for the right reasons. I have paid freight to replace product because a customer thought the size was wrong. Mind you it was exactly as they specified it, but if they spend millions with you it was worth it. GM is at the point where hundreds of customers are reading this, it is probably that time.
Good luck to you!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
Out of curiosity, is that book written by GM engineers as a guide or is it from someone writing from their own experience with building and modifying LS engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I would think it prudent for GM to at least take a look at the block, test the casting and metal then put this to rest once and for all.
The ball is clearly in their court, come on GM: Take the high road!!

As a business man I know there are times when it pays to spend a little to do the wrong thing for the right reasons. I have paid freight to replace product because a customer thought the size was wrong. Mind you it was exactly as they specified it, but if they spend millions with you it was worth it. GM is at the point where hundreds of customers are reading this, it is probably that time.
Good luck to you!
If GM isn't going to take the block back, I bet they have a pretty good reason. Could be something as simple as modify the engine, warranty goes poof. Thats reason enough for them to not even give it a second thought. Or perhaps they've already blown up enough durring development to know what its limits are. Something went wrong here, could have been the build, could have been a defective block. Could have been both. But once you modify an engine, all bets are off with the OEM.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 02-05-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Why is this thread still open? We get it you got f'ed. It sucks but less that 1/10 of a % of us will ever think about swapping our engine. I'm moving from empathy to irritation with your posts.

Closed Thread