Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #85
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
that "rendering" was just wat some ppl thought it might look like, not wat it actually will be, so dont worry about that. and i am 17 years old, and trust me, if in 20-30 years i can afford one of these, i will get it. and i kno plenty of ppl around my age who will do the same. these will be "classic" muscle cars someday. true, most ppl my age cant afford one rite now, but why do u think that makes us not like the cars? and im not all worked up, i just disagree with you.
I have no doubt you will want a performance vehicle. But in 20-30 years, who knows what advances they will have made. My point is these current generation of muscle cars will never rise in relative value like the the 1st gen cars.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #86
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
kno"w"....
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #87
Cowboy from Hell

Drives: don't ask!!
Quote:
I remember hearing that, at least in Japan, Godzilla knows where it is, and it's speed is limited, electronically, unless it's on a racetrack.
Yep they even showed it on Top Gear... when Clarkson first tested it in Japan. Soon as they got to a race track it delimitted it's self.
Cowboy from Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #88
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Just for the sake of Discussion.... If OnStar could do all of that... Did all of that.... and GM referenced OnStar tracking for voiding Warranties due to racing at a strip.....

I am pretty confident we would know by now... They would have tipped their hand by using that the first time they voided a warranty for Racing on a track... Someone would have posted that little bit of info here. The car has been out for over a year and plenty of people have posted stock time slips...

There is no clause in the warranty covering where you are when you floor the peddle. Be it at a red light, race track, Dyno, or just hitting that passing gear.... Nothing covering how hard you accelerate...
True. If they can unlock doors and track and all that stuff, I know they have some measure of control over the vehicle, so I was just adding that together; my arithmetic isn't good though, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Jeez, people let it go already. I make one post and people are really worked up. Who cares what I think anyway?

I saw the most recent rendering on the homepage and wasn't impressed. I think it looks pretty bad. The hood in that depiction is no different than SLP or other aftermarket hoods. My car is going in for custom paint next week. I was going to buy an aftermarket hood but couldn't find one that flows with the lines of the car.

I do find it humorous, all these posts about the Z-28 holding value and the heritage. I think some people are buying into these cars, thinking they'll end up like the classic muscle car collectibles. It's not going to happen. Baby boomers made the classics what they are. Do you honestly think this generation will be nostalgic for their childhood with these cars?

What reality do you live in? What kid can afford a Z-28, GT-500, Viper, or Corvette. None unless their parents are buying it for them.

The majority of people I see driving these things are middle aged or older. Watch Mecum's Auto Auction sometime. This past weekend, from Monterey, they had multiple Z-28s and heritage editions from the 80s and 90s. Most were garage queens with less than 5000 miles. Do you know how much they got? Less than 10K.

Drive your car and enjoy it. But in a year or two nobody will care but us camaro fans.
I, for one, am not buying for collectability. I don't know that these cars won't appreciate some day, but I doubt they'll appreciate to the value we see the cars from 40 years ago - that's for sure. Still - that's not my concern or reason. I like your last paragraph - I nominate it as the quote of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy from Hell View Post
Yep they even showed it on Top Gear... when Clarkson first tested it in Japan. Soon as they got to a race track it delimitted it's self.
That was my source, LOL You know how those guys can be sometimes, so I took it with a grain of salt. Since you watch, I'm sure you understand, LOL

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #89
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
I think most a trying to just ify in their own mind getting suckered into Henessey and other's hyperbole. Factory hotrod ,done at the factory is way better down the rod for your peace of mind no matter the cost
Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #90
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
so what if you can slap a blower on your car for 6k. is that including all the supporting mods? transmission, rearend, suspension? probably not for 6k. if done right it will cost you closer to 15-20k for all the supporting mods. everything that will make it more like a z28 less like your SS. and you still won't have any of the visual differences. with no warranty. . .just one bad ass car.

but in the end it won't be a z28. . .read my signature. he's the same guy that kept the faith and kept telling us to keep the faith. I am not disappointed with the current SS. I am keeping the faith that the Z28 will be something very special.
Im a little late to the party but.........
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #91
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
I think most a trying to just ify in their own mind getting suckered into Henessey and other's hyperbole. Factory hotrod ,done at the factory is way better down the rod for your peace of mind no matter the cost
I wouldn't go that far Don't get me wrong. I don't think many of those tuners pretend their cars are on the same level as Z28 is likely to be (I know some do ), but for the price, an OEM Z28 is going to be a better value, IMVHO. It's going to have all the supporting driveline and chassis improvements to cope with the power and dynamics that we're all expecting. Now - I don't think there's not going to be room for improvement; there always is, and ultimately, I'm sure the differential and axles won't take 1000 HP, lol, but for the price I'm expecting for it to fall into, and taking into consideration the whole package, I just don't think there's a reason not to at least consider Z28. Full warranty, probably even more stuff that I'm speculating, for probably about the same price as some of these tuner's packages. I'm sure those tuner's packages will probably pump power past what we'll get stock, but, those aren't levels the entire car was designed to control. I'm over-thinking; but that's just what I do.

JMVHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Im a little late to the party but.........

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #92
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
"Z28, I don't get it"

This thread popped into my head yesterday...I was cruising around in my Dad's 1979 Z28...visiting family, etc. I gotta say, the rumble of that 350...the look of that dovetail spoiler....and the expression on my grandmother's face when she saw her son's son driving his car 31 years later....

That's what there is to get.

At least as I see it.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #93
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"Z28, I don't get it"

This thread popped into my head yesterday...I was cruising around in my Dad's 1979 Z28...visiting family, etc. I gotta say, the rumble of that 350...the look of that dovetail spoiler....and the expression on my grandmother's face when she saw her son's son driving his car 31 years later....

At least as I see it.
Post of the day

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #94
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Quote:
"Z28, I don't get it"

At least as I see it.
I do have to admit that has a special meaning.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #95
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Z28 production allows the customer to purchase special factory branded vehicles; special to some. It's all relevant.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #96
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
"Z28, I don't get it"

At least as I see it.

That is sooo what it's about.
hairtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #97
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
There were many cars faster than the Z back in the day and there are many that will be faster than it today. Another thing I would like to bring up isn't modding and "souping up" your own car more of the culture vs buying it from factory? Buying it from the factory doesnt surprise me because everybody wants everything done for them
Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #98
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
There were many cars faster than the Z back in the day and there are many that will be faster than it today. Another thing I would like to bring up isn't modding and "souping up" your own car more of the culture vs buying it from factory? Buying it from the factory doesnt surprise me because everybody wants everything done for them
For me, personally, I fully support factory FI because that will give me more opportunity to be sneaky about smog. Law enforcement here is very keen at finding aftermarket and illegal parts and mods', so the more the factory can give me, the better. Your generalizations are becoming more and more , honestly. Is it wrong for enthusiasts to want the most from the factory? Is it wrong if an enthusiast either doesn't have the time/tools/facility/knowledge/desire to soup-up their car? What is it to you? It's someone elses money, so let them do with it what they want. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean others do. Why didn't you just get a 1LT? Why do you need SS?

Honestly - this thread is going no where...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"